Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koori

Clueless Single's 4Rm Reno

Hi koori,

Congrats on your new house n great Reno!

We just got a unit with similar layout as yours! Your renovation is great! Do u mind to pm me your contractor contact n details? As I'll only go for the Reno on kitchen n 2 toilets, so not thinking of getting ID.

Thanks!

pm-ed you. Same for me. I only renovated mostly on kitchen and 2 toilets, didn't go for ID either. Totally lost when IDs ask me what 'theme' i want....that's why my 'clueless' blog tittle.

I the 'strange' fella with no theme. :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dehub mop or misc holder. Looks very plasticky. Not sure if it really holds up as good as they advertise. Tried one, will update if it falls, or not. LOL....After locking it I did try to pull it off and it was quite firmly stuck on my tile wall, just not sure how it will hold up over time and once water hits the wall. :P

IMG_3430_zps9a8d59d2.jpg

IMG_3432_zps20618830.jpg

Washing powder container, fits about 3KG of washing powder.

IMG_3446_zpsb7198a70.jpg

IMG_3448_zps745027ca.jpg

Misc glass containers with stainless steel & acrylic lids. These came in a box so heavily protected with styrofoam that i was puzzled when I just opened the box....All I saw were white styrofoam.....

IMG_3445_zpsc7dbfeee.jpg

Lolz I just love the very animated way you describe your reno journey and the purchases from TB...

Unfortunately I can't read Chinese (beyond maybe 50 characters :( ) so I'm still sticking to Ebay that I've been using for over 10yrs. I generally stay away from MIC stuff, esp food... and Ebay has served me well over the years (especially when I used to live in US and Canada). But I get very jealous when I hear my friends talk about their TB loot, cos it's all so cheap!

Hmmm I wonder if TB has garden sheds for sale...

Update : DO NOT get stainless steel for salt container. :D

Some kind of chemical effect with salt+humidity in singapore + steel. Either that, or the seller is bluffing about this being stainless steel. The container has 'rust' brownish spots on the inside of the container. Aiyah, I forgot to take a picture before I threw it out. Really grossed out with 'brown' salt. [they got stained.]

Gives me an excuse to go shopping again~ not that I needed one....

Yup, salt and most kinds of metals iodise... like cars, will get rusty if exposed to too much humidity from 'sea air' for instance.

You should try looking for plastic or porcelain container. Or mother of pearl, if you can afford it hehee... cos ppl eat caviar with mother of pearl spoons to avoid the chemical reaction :jammin:

Lolz I just love the very animated way you describe your reno journey and the purchases from TB...

Unfortunately I can't read Chinese (beyond maybe 50 characters :( ) so I'm still sticking to Ebay that I've been using for over 10yrs. I generally stay away from MIC stuff, esp food... and Ebay has served me well over the years (especially when I used to live in US and Canada). But I get very jealous when I hear my friends talk about their TB loot, cos it's all so cheap!

Heheh...I was only 'good' in languages during school days, so reading Chinese isn't a pain for me. Gimme chemistry and I faintz...that's why I am not even sure if the salt container steel is the problem or the chemical reaction is the problem....wahaha....

Technically, a lot of the stuff is MIC, even if you buy it from USA. Though of course, if the brand did ask their manufacturers to make it in China, there is quality control in place there. I am pretty sure the brand wouldn't want their name stuck on something that is too lousy.

Some MIC really CMI (cannot make it)....but so far so good for my purchases..nothing extremely bad encountered so far.

TB has loads of stuff for sale. not sure about garden sheds though. Not too sure what it's translated as either. A shed sounds like a huge item. Are you talking about a whole wooden 'house'?

Heheh...I was only 'good' in languages during school days, so reading Chinese isn't a pain for me. Gimme chemistry and I faintz...that's why I am not even sure if the salt container steel is the problem or the chemical reaction is the problem....wahaha....

Technically, a lot of the stuff is MIC, even if you buy it from USA. Though of course, if the brand did ask their manufacturers to make it in China, there is quality control in place there. I am pretty sure the brand wouldn't want their name stuck on something that is too lousy.

Some MIC really CMI (cannot make it)....but so far so good for my purchases..nothing extremely bad encountered so far.

TB has loads of stuff for sale. not sure about garden sheds though. Not too sure what it's translated as either. A shed sounds like a huge item. Are you talking about a whole wooden 'house'?

Hmmm nonono...I don't think hansgrohe makes their stuff in China. Do they??? :(

Yup garden sheds like these but in aluminium or some other assembly-type steel/plastic:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrow-Metal-Sheds-10-x-8-Backyard-Garden-Shed-Kit-Outdoor-Medium-Yard-Storage-/281470910063?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4188f93e6f

Kettler is a very popular brand but the importers here chop carrot ah. Over $3k. Siao! Arrow is a basic brand you can find at Home Depot etc. I wish we had those kinda places here in Sg!

At one time, I was also looking for those garden sheds. Found quite a few at Far East Flora @Upper Thomson. But in the end, I just bought a few of those Kettler tall cabinets from Giant.

Ya...those are the ones I was referring to :( Went to Far East and Fun's but not only were they ex (minimum $1200++), most were also pretty dusty and grubby. They're not quite FMCG so they sit around for a while before anyone actually buys them. Fun's is pretty much an orphanage of unselleable (but incredibly expensive) useless stuff!

Do ur kettler ones fade/get discoloured? My dad has eight, of various sizes, and they're all in various stages of discolouration.

Sorry for being OT, OP... heh.

Ya...those are the ones I was referring to :( Went to Far East and Fun's but not only were they ex (minimum $1200++), most were also pretty dusty and grubby. They're not quite FMCG so they sit around for a while before anyone actually buys them. Fun's is pretty much an orphanage of unselleable (but incredibly expensive) useless stuff!

Do ur kettler ones fade/get discoloured? My dad has eight, of various sizes, and they're all in various stages of discolouration.

Sorry for being OT, OP... heh.

Mine are in the sheltered yard. So no issue. I am not sure if these are waterproof. By the way, I realised the brand is Keter. Maybe we are referring to different products.

http://www.keter.com/products/xl-utility-louvre-cabinet#main

If you need to discuss further, better do it at my blog.

Oh, no worries. Discuss all you like...I'm not offended or anything... Just that a shed isn't what a regular HDB dweller would look for, so no help from me here. LOL...

Hi Hi,

congrats on your new home! :) did you buy the washing powder box from TB? Can share the link?

Thanks!

aSteRuS

Hi,

Congrats on your new home! :)

Can share the link where you bought the washing powder box (*** it's bought from TB)?

cheers,

aSteRus

Dehub mop or misc holder. Looks very plasticky. Not sure if it really holds up as good as they advertise. Tried one, will update if it falls, or not. LOL....After locking it I did try to pull it off and it was quite firmly stuck on my tile wall, just not sure how it will hold up over time and once water hits the wall. :P

IMG_3430_zps9a8d59d2.jpg

IMG_3432_zps20618830.jpg

Washing powder container, fits about 3KG of washing powder.

IMG_3446_zpsb7198a70.jpg

IMG_3448_zps745027ca.jpg

Misc glass containers with stainless steel & acrylic lids. These came in a box so heavily protected with styrofoam that i was puzzled when I just opened the box....All I saw were white styrofoam.....

IMG_3445_zpsc7dbfeee.jpg

Mine are in the sheltered yard. So no issue. I am not sure if these are waterproof. By the way, I realised the brand is Keter. Maybe we are referring to different products.

http://www.keter.com/products/xl-utility-louvre-cabinet#main

If you need to discuss further, better do it at my blog.

My bad, kstoh! Keter of course hehe.. I have no idea why I kept typing Kettler, I must have been itching to go to the gym so much. :sport-smiley-003:

Oh man. I just took a look at the first bits of your blog...awesome!!! I think it will be my weekend reading. I don't know why I never came across it before, despite having lurked on Renotalk for over 5yrs. You have such a wealth of experience and things that I could learn from.

And especially since I am going to embark on my own (serious DIY) reno projects around the house in December... :notti:

Oh, no worries. Discuss all you like...I'm not offended or anything... Just that a shed isn't what a regular HDB dweller would look for, so no help from me here. LOL...

Hehee... who says HDB owners can't have garden sheds? Can set up one in your living room as an enclosed 'entertainment capsule' with surround sound and lighting on the roof that looks like stars ma! :jammin:

Anyway I enquired because I thought you might have seen on TB... lol. But I guess not :dunno: