Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hojichalatte

The Hojichas' Little Renovation Stories..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, I'm using Dulux kid proof wash and wear paint. It cannot be touched up, so the contractor has to paint more at the final stages of Reno. More effort is required. I'm paying $200 more for wash & wear, compared to using Matt paint.

Thanks koori, I like Sail White too, but too bad Pentalite doesn't have this colour.. :( I also dun have kids problem, but I was just wondering maybe if I very clumsy dirtied the walls myself, at least can wash? kekeke...

I only have the choice of Pentailte and Wash-and-Wear, however, K is telling me Wash-and-wear paint cannot be touched up... say will have two tones, and especially during renovation, it's bound to bump and knock into walls, so he suggest we just go for Pentalite instead. Had a look at Pentalite 2013 catalogue last night, it doesn't have the samples for White / Brilliant White, the "whites" are mostly tinted with other colours.... since you mentioned brilliant white... any pictures of walls painted in White / Brilliant White? Can share pictures with me to see how the colour looks like after painted on the walls? Even Google Images doesn't have answer for me...... :(

Thanks koori, I like Sail White too, but too bad Pentalite doesn't have this colour.. :( I also dun have kids problem, but I was just wondering maybe if I very clumsy dirtied the walls myself, at least can wash? kekeke...

I only have the choice of Pentailte and Wash-and-Wear, however, K is telling me Wash-and-wear paint cannot be touched up... say will have two tones, and especially during renovation, it's bound to bump and knock into walls, so he suggest we just go for Pentalite instead. Had a look at Pentalite 2013 catalogue last night, it doesn't have the samples for White / Brilliant White, the "whites" are mostly tinted with other colours.... since you mentioned brilliant white... any pictures of walls painted in White / Brilliant White? Can share pictures with me to see how the colour looks like after painted on the walls? Even Google Images doesn't have answer for me...... :(

Hi hojichalatte, I was told that the shades of white from wash and wear range is touch-up able hence the choice of lilac white for our wall, maybe you can check with K on this. :dunno:

• Like 1

Hey! I emailed Dulux Customer Service to check about the issue about touching up any Wash-and-Wear paint...

This was their reply:

"For your information Dulux Wash & Wear is a low sheen finish paint and Dulux Pentalite is a matt finish paint.

The difference in touching up with a low sheen finish and matt finish paint - you will notice the touch up patches when using a higher sheen finish paint to touch up as compared to when using a matt finish paint. This is due to the soft glossy sheen level."

I believe we have come to a conclusion, we are going to just select Dulux Pentalite!! :paint:

• Like 1

Erm i only use Nippon Easywash for my house. I just had part of my wall repainted after 4mths +

And the tone is exactly the same. So if it's just touch up post reno whats the big deal?

Hi, I'm using Dulux kid proof wash and wear paint. It cannot be touched up, so the contractor has to paint more at the final stages of Reno. More effort is required. I'm paying $200 more for wash & wear, compared to using Matt paint.

Cute! What app is that?

I'm using LINE camera app. ;)

Erm i only use Nippon Easywash for my house. I just had part of my wall repainted after 4mths +

And the tone is exactly the same. So if it's just touch up post reno whats the big deal?

Hmm... you repainted it after 4 mths? that's pretty soon, u wanted a change of colour, or..?

anyways, I only emailed Dulux Customer Service just to hear from them, not so sure about Nippon...

certainly did not expect this reply lol!

Haha!! I didn't expect too~ but it's alright! hehehee..

hi hojicha, mr k's quote only includes dulux paints (pentalite / wash & wear) right? are you going to try asking him for nippon or just stick with dulux? thanks!

lemoncandy, K's quote also include nippon paint, but he didn't mention which type of paint, probably the most basic one... cos when I asked him for EasyWash, he mentioned need to top up money... we don't want to top-up, anyway we're fine with Dulux too.. so we will stick to dulux lor... =)

hi hojicha, mr k's quote only includes dulux paints (pentalite / wash & wear) right? are you going to try asking him for nippon or just stick with dulux? thanks!

lemoncandy, K's quote also include nippon paint, but he didn't mention which type of paint, probably the most basic one... cos when I asked him for EasyWash, he mentioned need to top up money... we don't want to top-up, anyway we're fine with Dulux too.. so we will stick to dulux lor... =)

ahh ok... i'll check with him when it's time for painting then. i also don't want to top up anymore.

trying to do some research on the colours now but i'm so fickle i can't even decide between pentalite or wash & wear......... zzz. do update on which shade of white you choose! i'm painting my place mostly white as well :)

Hi,

Dulux wash & wear is a glossy paint. When you touch up post reno, you need to repaint the entire wall so that there is no 2-tone. Hence, more paint, time and manpower is needed.

For matt paint, you only touch up the affected portion where touch up is necessary.

I topped up $200 for Dulux Kidproof wash & wear coz I have a mischievous 2-year old toddler. I'm certain that I will need the kidproof part. Hopefully it works as per the advertisement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4tjs-MxdR4

ahh ok... i'll check with him when it's time for painting then. i also don't want to top up anymore.

trying to do some research on the colours now but i'm so fickle i can't even decide between pentalite or wash & wear......... zzz. do update on which shade of white you choose! i'm painting my place mostly white as well :)

Ok! will do an update once they start painting!

Hi,

Dulux wash & wear is a glossy paint. When you touch up post reno, you need to repaint the entire wall so that there is no 2-tone. Hence, more paint, time and manpower is needed.

For matt paint, you only touch up the affected portion where touch up is necessary.

I topped up $200 for Dulux Kidproof wash & wear coz I have a mischievous 2-year old toddler. I'm certain that I will need the kidproof part. Hopefully it works as per the advertisement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4tjs-MxdR4

thanks Harriette, yeah, that's what the Dulux Customer Service and K told me about why cannot touch-up too.. that's why I will go for matt paint now... in future if need to re-furnish, then will go for better paints. Your top-up for Dulux Kidproof wash & wear only costs $200 for your EM? That's very worth it! If I were you, I will top-up too.. hehee..

No, the hollow brick wall which i rebuilt for my half glass wall and to cover up my kitchen entrances needed to be repainted due to multiple cracks in the wall paint.

Newly painted rebuilt walls are prone to paint cracks in our weather.

So the chance of needing touchups of the paint cracks is very high according to my ID and painter. Whatever paint you use it will need one. It's cause paint cracking is caused by our high humidity in our ambient air.

In other countries, they have the benefit of a temperate climate.

Moisture. If it was painted on a rainy day, that could be the problem. Determining that is close to impossible, but it does demonstrate an important lesson. Don’t paint when the air is full of moisture.

Read more: http://www.redbeacon.com/hg/handy-tips-treating-cracking-paint/#ixzz2xt3H5WZm

So what's this about cant touch up? Easy wash should be roughly same as Dulux w&w. So unless it's a really glossy paint, this touchup part is bit ridiculous. Matt paints are usually used for toilets or really old unsmooth surfaces like old walls.

I really don't see the rationale of using these on the nice smooth BTO walls. :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Cheers.

Hmm... you repainted it after 4 mths? that's pretty soon, u wanted a change of colour, or..?

anyways, I only emailed Dulux Customer Service just to hear from them, not so sure about Nippon...