Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pavilonsim

Home Improvement Program (Hip) Electrical Load Upgrade - Impact On Aircon Choice

Hi. My HDB estate is expected to poll for HIP soon. One of the improvements is the upgrade of the electrical load from 30A to 40A.

May I ask if any experts know what is the impact on choice of aircons ? Am living in 4room place and looking to install a System 4 (probably Panasonic or Daikin). Intuitively I expect I can use a more powerful system, but that means I will need to wait another two years. Tried asking a couple of aircon sales people but didn't get any headway. Thanks in advance for enlightenment.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

correct me if i'm wrong:

you can still use system 4 but before the electrical upgrade to 40A, it may mean higher risk of power tripping if you turn on too many electrical appliances e.g. water heater, tv, aircon, etc all at the same time (concurrently).

after the 40A upgrade, you can turn on more electrical appliances concurrently without the risk of power tripping.

Thanks claypot. I think what you describe should be the expected outcome. But I saw there is a HDB limit of 8.5A max running current allowed for the older 30A homes. So wonder if there are aircons which are designed for that limit (and thus are less powerful). Just checking if anyone has any ideas on this topic.

Thanks Airconnection. Starmex was recommneded by a shop too. I guess perhaps System 4's can work within the old constraints, so maybe they will bring in System 5 in future :)