Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kwchan

Location Of Divider To Retain The "chi"?

Main door facing windows directly. Where should i put a divider? Location Red, Blue or Green?
It will be half cabinet and half glass. FYI, the house is very windy due to unblocked view and high floor

5rm floor plan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Take advantage of "natural element (very windy) instead of keep thinking or worry about how the wind impact your fengshui.

Eg if there are sunlight comes in, is it bad ? But can dry clothes right ?

So windy - means natural air ..maybe also can dry clothes. Alternatively put a LAFCO diffuser at your home ..wind will try to pervade the diffuser further ..making whole house smell nice.

instead of looking at this as a "problem", treat it as an opportunity where your other neighbors do not have such windy environment. Furthermore such windy element cannot be purchased ...complementary from nature !

If the intent is prevent the "chi" from flowing from main door and out to the window in a straight line (穿堂煞), the divider should serve this purpose regardless of whether it is placed at Location Red, Blue or Green . However, I understand that for feng shui reason, it is not recommended to use glass partition or a shoe cabinet for this purpose. The alternative of not having a divider would be to close the window directly opposite the main door and cover with curtain.

Edited by Summergarden

ic, i can probably change the shoe cabinet to other cabinet...so put something else and not shoe.

half glass half cabinet is it ok? why cannot use glass ar?

For the partition to achieve its effectiveness, I was told that

1) it should be not allow wind (chi) to pass through (i.e. use of curtains as partitions or partition with patterned holes or gaps is not ideal)

2) it should be opaque and not allow light to pass through

3) it should be solid and not hollow

http://www.ailan.idv.tw/bkmoney/in1-1.html

It is best that you consult the fengshui experts on this matter and I am only sharing what I know.

You are correct. Chi is not wind but the energy flow into the house.

The purpose of the partition as I understand is to slow down the chi and direct it to the desired area of the house.

If the chi from the main door is not redirected or soften, it will create bad feng shui energy known as Shaqi 煞氣 and the rapid flow of the negative chi may cause instablity in the home.
Without the partition, the good feng shui energy coming through the main door will also easily escape through the directly aligned window without having a chance to circulate and nourish your home.

If the partition has gaps that allows the good feng shui energy to flow through, it symbolizes that the owner may suffer some form of wealth leakage.

One of the basic ways to check the energy flow in your home is to imagine Chi as wind and water.

You will need to visualize the wind and water flowing in from the front door and then position your furniture and fixture in a way that allows for a smooth and harmonious flow to benefit from the good healthy energy in the house.

You stand at the door, open it and see how the air flows?

Chi not = wind 吧

Now i know what Chi he is talking ...so it is not literally wind flow ?

Anyway to me Chi can also be created in the body ..you every week take cordyceps with black chicken soup - and when u climb stair case, exercise,etc ..that Chi or Qi don't make you tired or "chuan" ...

Now i know what Chi he is talking ...so it is not literally wind flow ?

Anyway to me Chi can also be created in the body ..you every week take cordyceps with black chicken soup - and when u climb stair case, exercise,etc ..that Chi or Qi don't make you tired or "chuan" ...

The Chi or Qi in FS is not wind; in fact, Qi is dispersed by wind.

Too long liao, don't suan me if wrong.

any other comments?

1. Forget about qi.

2. No point catching wind and chasing after shadow.

3. Farming and hunting money are more practical.

4. Once retain enough money, you wouldn't bother about qi.

5. Cos, by then, you naturally understand what is qi.

6. Once comprehend, you'll 'forget' it.

Edited by bepgof

Hi Lauer

don't worry ..I won't suan you .. This year is year of horse ...which is your avatar

Hey Kalimantan,

大吉大利 in the Year of Horse.

That is the photo of Secretariat in the avatar.

exactly ..I dun understand why want to "trap qi" ..can't even see or feel.

What is definition of Qi ?

Hmm, you gave the example about taking cordyceps and Qi in the body?

Imagine nature as the body in your example, there would be Qi in circulation.

Someone has actually explained in great detail, in this forum in 2011 if not wrong, the unifying concept of Chinese medicine and FS theory. Or both shared the same origin.

Edited by Lauer