Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kwchan

Location Of Divider To Retain The "chi"?

exactly ..I dun understand why want to "trap qi" ..can't even see or feel.

What is definition of Qi ?

An extract:

Kan Yu is the proper term of Feng Shui. Kan means the theory of cosmology and Yu means the theory of terrestrial (Shen, Xu). To be precise, they refer to the theory of time and location in the Chinese history.

Yu here also means the earth. Another explanation of these two words (Jun-Sheng, Shu) is Kan means high land and Yu means depression. The basic principle of Kan Yu is to identify the loci of Qi flow on and under the ground and also compute the strength of Qi in term of time.

Qi is an abstract term to represent an intangible current at which vegetation growth well, the macro or micro-climate is stable and human being live happily. The THEORY claims that no matter life or death located at a point of concentrated Qi will receive the good influence of Qi. Di Li (geography)is another ancient term to describe Kan Yu. In Yi Jing, The Classic of Change, say "looking up to have the vision of astrology, looking down to understand Di Li". However, in ancient time Di Li is not equal to modern geography. A westerner, Chatley (Ren- Kui. Li), tried to define Di Li as " an art to find the best location of life and death in order to harmonize with the cosmic breath". However, this term is not recommended to represent Kan Yu because of missing in astrological and timing elements in Kan Yu theory.

So, I argue that:

Mathermatical expression: Beneficial result of things = result of good collection of qi = summation of parameters = A +B+C+D+....

Building divider to collect qi? This is simply a 'superficial action' of doing something without understanding its real intend = herding effect of today's "FS" = catch wind & chase shadow.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

When looking at it from the evolution of Chinese architecture, it is not apparent that a divider has a FS application.

Of course, today everything and anything are conveniently said to have a FS origin.

The divider is known as 萧墙, its original purpose was to stop the entry of evil spirit into the household. Recall that at the time when it was first mentioned by 孔子, people were practising shaman.

Later, its purpose was explained as to provide privacy to the household and to prevent the outflow of wealth.

Don't know when it evolved as a fixture to congregate Qi.

Oh my , any alternative other that a concrete wall ? as considering if not now , the near future if need to move bulky sofa for example... might be hard due to the concrete wall?

Does the dinning table and sofa which is between the window and main door help? could it possible tat ppl who sit or occupy the sofa or dinning area are actually receiving the Chi as well or the very least detouring the Chi. like pebble obstructing a river flow

Oh my , any alternative other that a concrete wall ? as considering if not now , the near future if need to move bulky sofa for example... might be hard due to the concrete wall?

Does the dinning table and sofa which is between the window and main door help? could it possible tat ppl who sit or occupy the sofa or dinning area are actually receiving the Chi as well or the very least detouring the Chi. like pebble obstructing a river flow

Collecting too much CHI and choke to death.

Hello, I am new to this forum and fengshui.

I have viewed the floor plan and these are purely my suggestions.

1. To promote good chi floor, the foyer area ( area where one step into the house) should be bright and spacious. A divider infront of the door doesn't promote the smooth flow of the energy. I suggest that one should see the living room first as one enters the house and should lean against the wall that's 7700 in length.

2. After finding a spot for your tv and sofas, now you can create a divider (made of solid material ie wood, higher than height of the windows) perpendicular to the '7700' length wall.

3. Place your dining table after the divider and you have resolved the 穿堂煞, while also reserving your dining table to people whom you would welcome them to dine there.

Always be mindful of where the divider is placed. If it is too near to the entrance, it becomes an obstruction of Qi path.

Always be mindful of where the divider is placed. If it is too near to the entrance, it becomes an obstruction of Qi path.

If I say this to my boss, 100% sure he will ask 'how near is too near?'.....follow by :

'Be clear, specific and factual' - very 'memorable' words from him.