Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ahhui

Purchase Light And Fan In Malaysia

feedback for deka baby g led fan. I am thinking of getting this from JB. How is the feedback so far? Is it working fine in terms of strength and sound of motor? Care to share? Thanks.

Hi

We purchase Deka baby G with led light. Love it!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just wanted to share with everyone with the good experience I had buying from YES electrical (JB)... Picked out the one that I wanted (Which is a KDK 150cm ceiling fan with LED light, model K15U2)... I can't really remember exactly how much I paid but it was definitely cheaper than in Sillypore... The equalvalent model is R60VW in Singapore is selling for $698 based on the online store price...

http://www.kdk.sg/products/ceiling-fan/remote-controlled/r60vw.html

I know I would have paid less than $350 including the installation...

I also asked about installation & it so happened there was an installer at their shop, the boss reccomended me to use him...I took his name card & arranged for the installation with the guy...

The installer's name is Alex (He's a Malaysian)... Alex is very busy all the time so you will need to arrange with him in advance for installation... Nice young boy...

Installation was done professionally & he also explained to me the process when he was doing the install...

Just to say that Alex only had time to do my install more than a week later after I contacted him, I tried searching for another installer as I wanted to get my ceiling fan installed earlier...

The Singapore installers told me like that they don't install things that was bought in Malaysia, I had a false ceiling in my HDB, they said oh this one cannot, we don't install with the unit partially hidden in the false ceiling & the best one that I spoke to oh this one $150 for the install but that is excluding workmanship for opening a hole in the false ceiling plus covering back...

Eventually Alex managed to drop by my place to do the install... I must say no regrets... Not only did he do a good job but at the agreed price of SGD$80... That's including opening a small hole in my false ceiling to mount the ceiling fan directly on the ceiling & sealing the hole... He also does the balancing for the ceiling fan... My ceiling fan does not move at all after the install was completed...

In my experience do not let the Singapore installers bull**** you that the ceiling fan cannot be installed in the false ceiling... I watched the entire install for my ceiling fan... The ceiling fan has a rod (This is attached to a bracket mounted on the ceiling) & loose wires, top portion is just a cover to hide all the wiring & stuff, this does not contain any motor etc (Like one of the Singapore installers told me)... It is perfectly ok to mount this in the fase ceiling (The cover / housing is actually 50% hidden inside the false ceiling)... And my house is a HDB flat with a ceiling height of 2.6m to 2.7m, this is actually ok (The Singapore installer told me this ceiling fan is meant for private property with more 3.0m height ceiling height and above)... After the install I was enjoying the cool breeze throughout the night... [:)]

I hope this post will help everyone who is interested to buy things from JB... There is actually nothing wrong in buying things from JB... The prices in JB are alot cheaper than Singapore even though I had to get someone to install it... Total price is still lower than in Singapore including installation charges...

Last thing I'm going to add is the contact of Alex my installer... Highly reccomended & he will be able to help you...

Alex Lau (阿智)

+65 8616 8310

+6017 881 0383

He has whatsapp so you can message him on his Singapore number...

Edited by peter2883

Hello people,

I am one of those who bought KDK fan from Johor. I bought 4 ceiling fans from Tampoi Lightings.

Do note for singapore use, KDK only have sensa 4 (56 inch diameter) and the baby fan (44 inch diameter). KDK has no 48 inch so best you go for Panasonic 48 inch if you dont want to buy from SG.

Now singapore electricians hate the KDK malaysia fan because they always wobble. Both my 4 blade fan was wobbling at low speed. However, today I managed to solve it. What the electrician and I did was we swap the position of each blades. My sensa 4 has 4 blades so there's a lot of permutation to try. We swap two times and manage to get my fan wobble-free. He was quite stressed and scared cause i was really firm in getting the wobbling issue fixed.

Googling online will tell you of this fan balancing kit (some weights to paste at your blades). Try to patiently swap the position of each blades till cannot already then you can try the balancing kit as a last resort. The balancing kit cost less than $10.

I call KDK singapore and they don't entertain fans bought from Malaysia as they don't have the safety seal chop so u might wanna get the contact posted by Peter above.

I just came back from Tampoi Lighting yesterday. I was specially looking for ceiling fans with bright lights for my HDB. I especially value bright lights and I am very pleased with my trip there because I found pretty nice fans with bright lights.

I previously looked at the fan options in the Geylang Lorong 44 belt, and based on the prices there and the brightness of the lights I saw and the reviews I found online for the different brands, I am very pleased by my purchase. I have not installed my fans of course, and will try to post a follow up review after I use them for a few months. I estimate that I saved 40%, but there are other hidden costs to buying a fan from Malaysia like unavailability of fan parts, warranty issues, etc, which I have not accounted for.

I bought the following:

· Fanco Galaxy S8 WD 52’ Fan + 2 Philips LED bulbs + 2 fan hooks – RM 543 (SGD 177 based on 3.06 exchange rate)

o Search on carousell for picture, a few people selling . Got the dark wood colour, very very nice colour.

o This fan is really nice, wind is strong.

· NSB N LGD 56’ Fan (comes with bright LED round light panel) + 2 fan hooks – RM 467 (SGD 153 based on 3.06 exchange rate)

o Available in black & white, can’t post link here. Go to ‘NSB switch on life style’ fb page and look under the pictures for a ceiling fan that says ‘white on white’ and that is the fan I bought

o I bought this mainly because the LED light is really bright, relatively nice, wind is strong.

I had never heard of NSB before. Shop guy told me that it is a Malaysian product, and when I asked if it is lasting, he said that they also sell 1000+ fans. Some reviews I found online are:

· “NSB fans are good: sturdy and does not wobble like Deka ceiling fans.” – Jun 2014

· “bought 2 units ceiling fan from Puchong but now after 5 months already kaput...1st and 2nd speed same very slow, only 3rd speed strong wind...seems 2nd speed not functioning.” – Jul 2013

I just read that HT Lighting in JB sells their fans for cheaper but less selection. You can probably call them first to ask for pricing.

Hope these help to inform your decisions.

My sister also got her lights and KDK fans from Malaysia. I went into JB to shop with her cause I was waiting for my BTO then. The stuff are really cheaper (esp with the good exchange rates, 2.6 then. Not as good as now, but still great!), but I guess cheap stuff usually comes with a "price". The design is one thing. The stuff there really looks more orh biang lor. Like my parents era kinda lights and fans. But though design orh biang, still can close one eye and buy them cause it's cheaper.

But the problem comes in after she moved in. Some of her lights started flickering and fan was also wobbly. KDK already liao leh. Well, we all know that electrical appliances now not built to last, but still never expect so got problem. Move in less than 3 months only. So bo bian, have to get my brother in law to bring down the lights and jam our way to JB again. Worst thing is that they don't honour their warranty!! They say is the installer problem. Spoil their dunno what wire. Then insist my sis pay for repair. In a foreign country, she also have no choice but to give into their demand. After they returned, the lights spoil again after another 1 month!!! This time fed up already, just get a completely new one from Singapore instead. And last all the way until now.

And the fan, my sis also tried calling KDK. Useless. They say Singapore one and Malaysia one different. Warranty have to go back Malaysia settle. Not as if my bro in law capable of bringing down the stupid fan and bring it to Malaysia. So they just have to live with it and pray that no further issues with it.

With all the saga, they swear never to get appliances from Malaysia already. All the money saved not worth it one. It's totally you get what you pay. Lucky I went with my sis to witness these saga personally. If not I also sure fall victim to it one.

So for my own flat, I only got sofa and dining table from Malaysia. Can't go wrong one. For my lights, I got it from House of Chandelier. Highly recommended by my best pal who got her lights from them last year. Guess what, they got onsite warranty. Anything wrong with the lights, just need to call them and they will send someone down. Not like Malaysia, have to remove the lights and jam your way through the custom. So far it's been half a year since I got my lights from House of Chandelier. No problem so far! Now my sis so envious of my new place. :notti::notti:

I am thinking of going down to Tampoi Lighting at JB to purchase some ceiling lights (Philips) and fans (Fanco/Elmark/Vento). However, I have a driving license but I do not own a car and will only be heading down via cab.

From what I enquired from Tampoi Lighting, they no longer provide delivery of purchased products to Singapore anymore?

As such, how do I make sure I can bring all the bulky lights and fans back to Singapore? If I rent a car, drive in, purchase, and drive back, will I be stopped at the customs for the overseas purchase and get charged with taxes?

Advices please. Thanks.

I also considered JB home products but it seems that savings are not much and for electricals, they do not have the Singapore Safety Mark. If you want to buy from JB, might as well consider Taobao since Taobao is cheaper than JB.

Edited by fatpoisoncobra

Hi guys.need some help.i have bought 3 fan brand alpha from tampoi lighting.

I already bought around 5 months now.i have just move in abt 1 month.

One of my fan seem to be intermittent.

I cant remember wether the fan have any warranty.

What should i do?