Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
raspberryjam

Em In Lorong Chuan (“,)

Depend on the color of the hse carpentry and paint.

If the color is generally light, go for the darker tone.

If the color is generally dark, go for the lighter tone.

(*Juz my 2 cents worth)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My 1st taobao loots just reached...my ID was kind enough to lend his office as a temporary storage space for our loots...

TBloots.jpg

The pull-out tap IS SO MORE BIGGER than I thought it will be! OMG. From the pic, it looks ok le

tap.jpg

The dining hanging pendant was a disappointment..the quality and dents...Paid nearly $150 for this... sighs

torchlight.jpg

Yes from Selena... its huge right? Have you installed and use it? Any reviews to share? :P

I just purchased and will only get it mostly in end May ...

ur taobao loot looks promising, dont worry too much about the dent on the lamp. when hang up cant see !

u really daring, i still chicken out buying tap!

by the way, i am meeting my ID in 2 weeks time, going over to take some pictures of the em so he can start working on it.

there are tenants in there now, the owner say take pity on them. u know she rent out to 3 people but ends up got 14 people staying!!!! u all know what kind of people is in there la....

Been researching for a nice black & matt ceiling fan....Considered Haiku but just don't think the hefty price tag justify it le..so I am thinking of getting relite petite or from elmark.

Any reviews to share on the below 3 models?

light-track-study.jpg

p.s I "gop" this above pic from one of the renotalk members, sorry I never ask for permission before reposting but I cant remember who I "gop" from liao. Paiseh paiseh...

Screenshot2014-04-30atAM122242.png

Apparently, the sales girl told me the 2-blade fan has a stronger wind power than the 3-blade one below. But I am kinda skeptical...how is it possible? :blink::blink:

Screenshot2014-04-30atAM122110.png

i like the black fan, can share how much and where to get?

which one you decide to buy in the end? 2 or 3 blade?

In the end, I decided to get Crestar-design ceiling fan from Fanco (see below)...reason being I bought my current house ceiling fan from Eric (i found him on RT) and he provides excellent after-sales service, so I decided to buy from him again. Coz ceiling fan is something we use everyday, in case of break-down or blades become noisy, its important to have a responsible seller. I read terrible reviews about Elmark, hence didnt against buying from them despite they got nice ceiling fan design (but with a hefty price)

BI-468x317.jpg

i like the black fan, can share how much and where to get?

which one you decide to buy in the end? 2 or 3 blade?

Hehe...i dont believe your seller so nice to rent out to 3 ppl and end up with 14 ppl staying. I am very certain your seller requested for extra $$$... please remind your property agent to remind the seller that EVERYTHING from the house has to be removed (except for permanent fixtures)... esp since u got 14 ppl staying there now...

by the way, i am meeting my ID in 2 weeks time, going over to take some pictures of the em so he can start working on it.

there are tenants in there now, the owner say take pity on them. u know she rent out to 3 people but ends up got 14 people staying!!!! u all know what kind of people is in there la....

OH MY TIAN! Renotalk is so cool (pardon for my suaku-ness!)...i was typing my entry half-way and I accidentally closed the window (palms forehead) & when I restored the page, I realised there is a button to retrieve last store data! WAHHHHH :jammin::jammin::jammin:

Slight change of plans for electrical appliances after I went to the Gain City Expo Fair last week... initial plan was to pop by the event to purchase Hyflux under-sink water filter but as I was exiting the hall after payment...I walked past Bosch counter...and end up purchasing almost all my electrical appliances from there. The interest-free installment scheme and extended warranty was too enticing...

My purchases at the event:
Hyflux's latest product-

UF DRINKING WATER SYSTEM HF1P

Screenshot2014-05-15atPM104505.png

I did some fair of research before I decided to make this purchase. Mainly reading in Renotalk and googling online for reviews to decide what brand & model to purchase. Initial plan was to purchase Amway's e-spring water filter as my MIL is using it & raving about it..but it is selling at abt S$1.6k, and if we get it in Malaysia, it cost abt S$1.25k. However, warranty is not covered as the purchase is not done via Singapore's "dealer"...anyway, I thought the price was a bit high..also, I realise e-spring only can block particles up to 0.2microns, where else HF1P is able to block particles up to 0.01 microns. Also, I will need to spend approximately S$250 a year on cartridges for e-spring & HF1P will only cost me $90/year for carbon filter cartridge + $300/3-5yrs for the ultrafiltration membrane cartridge. Also no electrical point required for HF1P...but of coz e-spring looks aesthetically much sleeker and nicer la... anyway, the more I researched, the more confused I got (all the chemical names & whatsoever, I felt like i was transported back into secondary school where I was studying chemistry)...so decided HECK! Just buy based on my budget... :P:P

Edited by raspberryjam

• Like 1

Bosch Oven HBG23B550J

My original plan was to purchase Bosch HBN-331E2J, however I realised this model is not a self-cleaning model. I thought of getting a self-cleaning model will be better as I like baking and plan to use this oven for as long as I stay in this house, hence better invest in a better one right... So I decided on HBG43S450A which cost more than DOUBLE of HBN-331E2J :o:o ..I was a bit sian that I have to fork out so much more for self-cleaning model but I tell myself to suck it in and just pay for it. But when I was at the expo fair, the salesperson told me not to pay so much for HBG43S450A if I don't plan to use the oven more than 3-5 times a week... I mean, I enjoy baking la, but baking is not my sole purpose in life! I got a life and other hobbies too!!!:P:P..so anyway, the salesperson advised me to purchase HBG23B550J which has a higher capacity than HBN-331E2J (67L instead of 52L) and way cheaper than HBG43S450A..So I was sold and made the purchase! :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004: FYI, HBG23B550J has self-cleaning function, but it is only for the back panel instead of all panels.
MCSA037779_HBA23B550J_defeps.jpg
Edited by raspberryjam

Bosch Oven HBG23B550J

My original plan was to purchase Bosch HBN-331E2J, however I realised this model is not a self-cleaning model. I thought of getting a self-cleaning model will be better as I like baking and plan to use this oven for as long as I stay in this house, hence better invest in a better one right... So I decided on HBG43S450A which cost more than DOUBLE of HBN-331E2J :o:o ..I was a bit sian that I have to fork out so much more for self-cleaning model but I tell myself to suck it in and just pay for it. But when I was at the expo fair, the salesperson told me not to pay so much for HBG43S450A if I don't plan to use the oven more than 3-5 times a week... I mean, I enjoy baking la, but baking is not my sole purpose in life! I got a life and other hobbies too!!!:P:P..so anyway, the salesperson advised me to purchase HBG23B550J which has a higher capacity than HBN-331E2J (67L instead of 52L) and way cheaper than HBG43S450A..So I was sold and made the purchase! :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004: FYI, HBG23B550J has self-cleaning function, but it is only for the back panel instead of all panels.

FYI HBN331E2J is also 67L in capacity.

How much did you pay for the HBG23B550J?

Bosch 8kg Dryer WTS86516SG

There is a story behind this purchase. The original dryer I wanted to buy is Electrolux 6kg EDV6051...and the salesman at Best Denki told me this model dispose the hot air via the front vent, I do not need a pipe to dispose the hot air outside the window. My first time buying a dryer so pardon me for my suaku-ness, prior to this I just know vented dryer is the cheaper version, and condenser dryer is very expensive dryer. So I "happily" decided on EDV6051 since it is cheap though it has only 2 ticks :wacko::wacko: ...then as I was sharing with the Bosch salesperson that I DO NOT need a dryer as I already bought a very cheap one and Bosch dryers are all very expensive..he told me not possible that my cheap electrolux dryer is a condenser dryer. A quick check with the original salesman who sold me the Electrolux dryer at another company (not Best Denki) confirmed that I DO need a connecting pipe to the window to release the hot air.. THANK YOU VERY MUCH LOR...now I am stuck with buying a condenser dryer coz my laundry area is so pathetically small that I can't hang too many clothes, plus my washer & dryer are not located near the window. And looking at all the Bosch dryers prices make me want to cry :bangwall::bangwall: ...so the salesperson asked me if I mind buying the display unit which is actually brand new but will be displayed at the expo fair for the next 2 days. I looked at him n asked "How much discount can you give me?" So he gave me nearly $500 off the indicated sale price. Well, not that I have a choice right so just suck it up and buy...nevertheless I am very grateful for the discount despite me REALLY dislike buying display set. :wacko::wacko:

On a happy & self-comfort note, this dryer has ActiveSteam technology..this is perfect for people who has mild OCD like me..STEAM TO KILL BACTERIA & GERMS! Also it helps to reduce creases..hehehe

Not going to tell husband how much this dryer costs, I am sure he will FAINT. :notti::notti:

MCSA00425668_WTS86516SG_defeps.jpg

Edited by raspberryjam