Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
raspberryjam

Em In Lorong Chuan (“,)

U know what...I went home after the purchase and started googling online to DOUBLE confirm this fact (I don't trust salesman LOL)...and I saw its 67L for HBN331E2J on Bosch website and I was FUMING MAD & was ready to call the salesperson who sold me this oven model and :fire::fire::fire: ..but I decided to hold my horses and give him A CHANCE TO EXPLAIN HIS WRONGDOINGS before I :fire::fire::fire: ...

So I texted him the discrepancy..then he replied "For HBN331E2J, 67L is the gross volume, 52L is the net volume" and he sent me the product fact sheet to prove it.

Phew! Thank god I hold my horses, otherwise I would make a big boo-boo of myself..hehehe :P:P:P

On second thoughts, I think it's terrible for Bosch to mislead the consumers (like me) who decide on their purchase via info disseminated on internet... I think Bosch is the one who ought to be :fire::fire::fire:

I paid $999 for this..please dont tell me if you can get it cheaper at somewhere else, I will :fire: myself...

FYI HBN331E2J is also 67L in capacity.

How much did you pay for the HBG23B550J?

Edited by raspberryjam

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Bosch Fridge KDN53VL20T

This is kind of a regret purchase :bangwall::bangwall:

This is a housewarming gift from my very nice sister-in-law who asked me to take a pick for a new fridge. The original fridge I intended to buy was Samsung RL4013UBASL (bottom freezer) as I like the sleek and simple metallic finishing, and I have 缘分 with Samsung products- so far they don't break down on me like LG products (with reference to my ex-fridge & ex-tv)

The salesperson has a very glib tongue and managed to convince me that the display model fridge is a VERY GOOD BUY (nearly 50% off the sale price!) and somemore it is brand new, except it will be on display in the expo fair for the next 2 days. I didn't want my sister-in-law to spend so much, so I decided heck..since I already bought the display unit for the dryer, must well get the display unit for the fridge too. So after making sure that the size of this fridge is the same as the Samsung fridge (ID told not not to exceed Samsung's fridge size)..I made the purchase.

After the purchase, I googled online for reviews..and I realised there aren't many reviews available for Bosch fridges, as Bosch is not well-known for their fridge, but more for their washers and dryers. *takes a deep breathe* Nevermind...and I also found out Bosch has very bad reviews for their after sales service... *takes another deep breath* Nothing I can do right... have already paid for them. I'm just going to pray for the best! :P:P

With all my purchases at the Gain City Expo Fair, I filled up abt 60 lucky draw coupons...I couldn't feel my fingers anymore after I finished filling up ALL the forms! The top prize is a Mazda 3, please don't let me fill up all those forms in vain & let me win ok! :jammin::jammin:

MCSA047085_KDN36X74_defeps.jpg

Edited by raspberryjam

So I texted him the discrepancy..then he replied "For HBN331E2J, 67L is the gross volume, 52L is the net volume" and he sent me the product fact sheet to prove it.

Phew! Thank god I hold my horses, otherwise I would make a big boo-boo of myself..hehehe :P:P:P

I paid $999 for this..please dont tell me if you can get it cheaper at somewhere else, I will :fire: myself...

Err....am not sure about the gross and nett issue. From the brochure I have on hand and the site info I read, I think the salesman is giving you BS.

The site under Technical Specs says usable volume of cavity is 67L. ;)

http://www.bosch-home.com.sg/products/cooking/ovens/HBN331E2J.html?source=browse

Anyway $999 is a good price, how long is the warranty?

Edited by OceanEleven

UR RIGHT! Let me go "investigate"! :curse::curse:

It comes with 2-years warranty

Err....am not sure about the gross and nett issue. From the brochure I have on hand and the site info I read, I think the salesman is giving you BS.

The site under Technical Specs says usable volume of cavity is 67L. ;)

http://www.bosch-home.com.sg/products/cooking/ovens/HBN331E2J.html?source=browse

Anyway $999 is a good price, how long is the warranty?

Edited by raspberryjam

Based on my experience (and I do have quite a fair bit on these repairs), almost all the household appliances (refrigerator, washer, dryer, TV etc) are built to break down just after the factory supplied warranty period. It is as though they have a self destroy timer build in. So, I only buy if I can purchase 5 year warranty.

This means I will buy from Best Denki even if I have to pay $100 more because in return, I get to use the machines for another 3 years.

Edited by kstoh

Good advice, I was just thinking abt this..if I should buy extended warranty...

Based on my experience (and I do have quite a fair bit on these repairs), almost all the household appliances (refrigerator, washer, dryer, TV etc) are built to break down just after the factory supplied warranty period. It is as though they have a self destroy timer build in. So, I only buy if I can purchase 5 year warranty.

This means I will buy from Best Denki even if I have to pay $100 more because in return, I get to use the machines for another 3 years.

Went over to the new place to have a look before they start to cement screed the living room floor... and noticed that our 1st floor toilet has ZERO ventilation (no toilet window), and plus the fact that we are having sliding door for that toilet, there is no way we can leave a gap...

This toilet will mainly cater to guests or when we are too lazy to go up 2nd floor to use the toilet. As u can see, they have cement screed the wall already, so if i were to ask to hack the top part (above door) to replace with ventilation blocks, that is going to cost me $$...so I am just wondering how important is it to have ventilation for the toilet?

1stfloortoilet.jpg

ventilationblocks.jpg

you may want to consider the moisture buildup (especially if it is also used for showers) if there are no ventilation. That's is why you sometimes see people installing small ventilation fans in toilets.

Went over to the new place to have a look before they start to cement screed the living room floor... and noticed that our 1st floor toilet has ZERO ventilation (no toilet window), and plus the fact that we are having sliding door for that toilet, there is no way we can leave a gap...

This toilet will mainly cater to guests or when we are too lazy to go up 2nd floor to use the toilet. As u can see, they have cement screed the wall already, so if i were to ask to hack the top part (above door) to replace with ventilation blocks, that is going to cost me $$...so I am just wondering how important is it to have ventilation for the toilet?

1stfloortoilet.jpg

ventilationblocks.jpg

Hi Alfred, there is no shower faucet installed in this toilet as it's too tiny. We will keep this toilet open-door most of the time unless someone is using it. But despite that, still unsure if we should pay some $$ to add in a bit ventilation...sighs

you may want to consider the moisture buildup (especially if it is also used for showers) if there are no ventilation. That's is why you sometimes see people installing small ventilation fans in toilets.

Edited by raspberryjam

You need ventilation. Ventilation is not just for moisture dissipation but smells as well. You know what I mean.

Keeping the door open is of course an option, but usually it is not very nice to keep the toilet door wide open. So, you end up keeping it closed.

Hi alfredt, means is common for hdb flats to install exhaust fan ya?

You can also find some of these fans installed in some of the T-blogs here.

Hi alfredt, means is common for hdb flats to install exhaust fan ya?

I used to have the KDK ventilation fan in my MBR toilet which we turn on during bath time, guess it sort of helps, but we still have moldy ceiling after 3yr+. You might want to compare the cost of running the electrical cabling + fan cost compared to you hack top part for ventilation

Hi, I think ventilation is important for toilets. In the long run, you will be glad that you have installed ventilation. It is still not too late.