Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sk39

Need Help On Some Carpentery Question

Hi all,

I just sign with a ID, and on the first measurement of my features wall was 1800mm(6ft). But somehow, I requested to add certain pelmet which is ard 150mm(6inch), so my features wall will be 1600mm instead. So I ask him if he will reduce the price different, and he told me they will need to use the 1800mm plywood to cut, so will still chaege me for 1800mm price. Is it true?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You should not expect your contractor to give you a discount just because the feature wall is now shorter by 200mm.

Plywood typically comes in the size of 1.22m x 2.44m. So he is most likely going to use exactly the same amount of material and effort to cut these plywood panels into the feature wall size you have, regardless whether it is 1.8m or 1.6m.

u order chicken rice, $3.

U ask for less rice, u pay $2.80????

No, u still pay $3.

U initially requested to be 1800mm. u agreed and u signed on it.

Now u want to be 1600mm. This is yr last min changes. So its yr fault, not the ID.

How he charge u, u can decide to do it or not. its your choice.

Else, u can stick to the original of 1800mm.

U can't say bcas another ID firm billed 1600mm, this ID firm also need to follow.

Whether the wood is how big, its not the issue. In fact, the difference of 200mm, the carpenter cannot do something miracle out from it too.

We all know the ID billed us feet by feet. not cm by cm.