Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kaykay

A Corner 3-Room Flat To Call Home

Good morning All!

Waa.. U can really draw..!

I like the idea of your sockets.. But u have to be careful abt spills etc on the kitchen top if its that height..

Love the open idea concept kitchen too...

However, I still believe u can do with a little more cabinet space to place your cooking condiments ie oil sauces rack spices etc... Perhaps also to store medication, additional non consumables like paper towels or hand towels..

What abt kitchen appliances like mixer ( I assumed u or wifey bakes.. hehe..) or blender or steamer? Or toaster? Ouh.. Don't forget ur WonderPot..! Rice cooker will prob take up a permanent spot on the kitchen top.. ( it does for my current kitchen :) )

Edited by KimNaNa

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oops..! Saw ur cabinet for dry pantry and condiments.. My apologies..

But i doubt it's enough for me.. Haha..

Are u using Blum n stuff? I just love their products..

wah.. you can really draw very well. am trying to convery my cabinet ideas to my contractor. not very successfully in my sketches :rofl:

Thanks for the generous compliments.

Although it's crooked and not really to scale, it helped greatly in conveying my idea at the initial meeting with the contractors and IDs.

I planned the cabinet space based on what I had in my previous kitchen cabinets. I hope it's enough too.

I just have to be prepared for deligent housekeeping and control myself from buying unnecessarily. Save money along the way. Heheh. .

• Like 1

On a happier note, I did some shopping while waiting for the keys collection.

A friend managed to help me get some great deals at her workplace.

20140111_103335.jpg

Wifey and I are looking forward to grease-free frying in the house..

My solid single-piece-top walnut dining table and bench + 2 chairs.

I scrutinised all edges, underside, and fine grains, and I have to concur with the sales person that it is indeed a single wood piece for the table top.. Price was reasonable too. Less than $1.6k

Love at first sight..

20140109_164644.jpg

I also bought items at taobao.

Kitchen sink, rain shower sets, Philips ceiling lights, taps, pendant lights, some misc bathroom accessories are on a container right now to Sg.. Pics of the physical items will be posted later..

Hi,

Do you mind sharing your taobao link? :good:

Thanks for the generous compliments.

Although it's crooked and not really to scale, it helped greatly in conveying my idea at the initial meeting with the contractors and IDs.

I planned the cabinet space based on what I had in my previous kitchen cabinets. I hope it's enough too.

I just have to be prepared for deligent housekeeping and control myself from buying unnecessarily. Save money along the way. Heheh. .

Hi KayKay.. ! Hello everyone ..!

how is your reno coming along?

with regards to your space planning on kitchen cabinets, I am sure it will be enough and :good:

since u mentioned its based on ur previous cabinets..

i cant wait to see the end result.. for sure it's gonna look so spacious and neat!

keep the updates coming.. :notti:

Hi all, apologies for the absence.

I have not started my reno, nor have I even selected my ID..

I just returned from a trip from Japan, and infact I'm travelling again this Tuesday for a week.

After April things will remain sane for a while.

I sure hope to get things started soon too.

Will keep you guys updated promptly.

Hi all, apologies for the absence.

I have not started my reno, nor have I even selected my ID..

I just returned from a trip from Japan, and infact I'm travelling again this Tuesday for a week.

After April things will remain sane for a while.

I sure hope to get things started soon too.

Will keep you guys updated promptly.

No apologies is needed ^^

My advice is to start the Reno after your required trips as the reno will need a lot of attention from you.

(*Juz my 2 cents worth)

No apologies is needed ^^

My advice is to start the Reno after your required trips as the reno will need a lot of attention from you.

(*Juz my 2 cents worth)

I totally agree.

• Like 1

Hi folks, I'm back.

During my last few days, I firmed up my reno plans with a contractor. I found him giving an honest pricing, can understand my ideas, and he has been prompt with his follow ups.

Paid the 10% deposit. Work should start next week. More details in subsequent posts.

I can't wait. :sport-smiley-018:

At this point I would like to share a little bit more about the purchases from Taobao.

The first batch is already here. Haha.. Due to the delay in my reno, I now have a small headache of finding a place to store them while the workers start hacking next week..

Haizzz. Bad planning. Don't learn from me ya. :bangwall:

Some of the items in pictures.

Lights

LightsTB.jpg

Toilet stuffs

ToilletstuffsTB.jpg

Mosaic tiles, Carpet, shoe cabinet, bar stool

MiscTB.jpg

Edited by kaykay

After speaking with the contractor, I made some changes to my kitchen cabinet design.

Gone is the previous U-shape cabinet.

I am now just doing an L-shape cabinet, topped with Caesarstone work top.

A draft sketch of the cabinet. Somehow I have a feeling that it will still evolve. Haha..20140327_162531.jpg

Edited by kaykay

After speaking with the contractor, I made some changes to my kitchen cabinet design.

Gone is the previous U-shape cabinet.

I am now just doing an L-shape cabinet, topped with Caesarstone work top.

A draft sketch of the cabinet. Somehow I have a feeling that it will still evolve. Haha..20140327_162531.jpg

Wah~you can really draw very well.

Just a note that the rubbish chute hiding under the cabinet thing makes it difficult to reach...must be prepared to squat and reach all the way in to open the chute door... while holding a bag of rubbish. :P

By the way, judging from the markings, you will be using piped gas? :)

Wah~you can really draw very well.

Just a note that the rubbish chute hiding under the cabinet thing makes it difficult to reach...must be prepared to squat and reach all the way in to open the chute door... while holding a bag of rubbish. :P

By the way, judging from the markings, you will be using piped gas? :)

Thanks for your compliments.

I need to help myself visualise before I make such decisions. The 30 minutes of planning and drawing is worth the effort.

1. Noted on the hidden rubbish chute problem. However my cabinet depth under the rubbish chute is only 10cm. I think the problem you mentioned happens where the full cabinet depth of 60cm is built ya?

2. Yes I'm using piped gas.