Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mishmash

Reno Blues

I personally do not recommend side by side. The external litres are no doubt bigger than the biggest 2 doors but the internal is actually much smaller.

Imagine keep a whole chicken in side by side, one compartment will be full already. 2 doors will still offer more free play.

I will rather save the couple of hundreds and put on other items. Also, if the fridge fail, then will have buy back a side by side to fit in the space allocated.

Given the layout and small HDB sizes nowadays, big fridge means less table top area for the kitchen.

Thanks for the advice, bro. Got us thinking too after our visit to Harvey Norman. The sales uncle said the same thing too. Today, after seeing the small kitchen, it got us thinking twice.

wa your flooring quite nice is this the glossed one? premium i suppose?

Ya! It is the glossed homogenous tiles. Premium and we opted for the doors which do not look too shabby either. Since everything uses CPF, might as well. Hahahaha!

Congrats on the key collections.

Go through the place in detail to spot the defects if any ...

Thanks, bro. We were unsure to spot defects on our own. Luckily, we have a reliable ID who went down to our place to do the inspection for us instead. Thankfully, there was only a minor hairline crack on the wall in Bedroom 2. However, our ID assured us that he will rectify it for us by applying putty.

Agreed wif Takaishi.. Ur flooring looks nice and glossy.. Wud love to have dat.. Mines a prenium too but more towards ceramic.. -.-"

We initially thought ours will be like ceramic too but our ID told us to double check on our flat's specifications and was relieved to know that it is polished homogenous tiles instead.

looks like move in condition :good:

It looks like it but we can assure you that it is far from that. Hahaha!

even the toilet bowl looks quite nice LOL

Hahaha! We hope it feels nice when we sit on them too in the near future! On a side note, it saves our pocket having to fork out for new WCs.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wah, every time I see pple new nice nice BTO, I feel so jealous and sad when I look at my own re-sale flat.. :bleah:

Hey resale flats have their own merits too! Bigger in size for some rooms especially the kitchen!

Back in 2011, we were looking into resale flats too but COV was sky high. Young couples like us needed money for our wedding instead. So, after much discussion, BTO was the next best decision and after three years, this is it.

Now, the kitchen will be the main discussion with our ID because it is small and we want to work out the best setup for many years to come.

Edited by mishmash

Haha, yup, re-sale may be bigger, but....but.... for singles like me, I would actually hve too much space. lol

Singles like me only can apply for 2 room flat but the ratio is too hard to get. So my only other choice is re-sale which luckily for me, COV drops drastically recently. I Can't wait till 40 yrs old for the new flat can I? lol

A very big advantage for new BTO is the reno cost is so much much lower than re-sale which is much better for ppl like me who only hve budget pocket. :(

Haha, yup, re-sale may be bigger, but....but.... for singles like me, I would actually hve too much space. lol

Singles like me only can apply for 2 room flat but the ratio is too hard to get. So my only other choice is re-sale which luckily for me, COV drops drastically recently. I Can't wait till 40 yrs old for the new flat can I? lol

A very big advantage for new BTO is the reno cost is so much much lower than re-sale which is much better for ppl like me who only hve budget pocket. :(

Never mind. Better bigger than constantly having to upgrade. We are sure that you will cope well.

After seeing the house for the second, or possibly the third, time, we thought a 4-system aircon would be feasible. Anybody has good recommendations for whom we should approach?

We are thinking Mitsubishi Inverter MSY-GE24VA + 3 x MSY-GE10VA. We so far have visited Gain City and yet to look out for more. We are waiting for replies from some vendors recommended by forumers here. We are more concerned with the workmanship, warranty and servicing charges.

Your inputs are much appreciated.

Never mind. Better bigger than constantly having to upgrade. We are sure that you will cope well.

After seeing the house for the second, or possibly the third, time, we thought a 4-system aircon would be feasible. Anybody has good recommendations for whom we should approach?

We are thinking Mitsubishi Inverter MSY-GE24VA + 3 x MSY-GE10VA. We so far have visited Gain City and yet to look out for more. We are waiting for replies from some vendors recommended by forumers here. We are more concerned with the workmanship, warranty and servicing charges.

Your inputs are much appreciated.

Hmm... im also getting from gain city..

Mitsubishi system 4 inverter

1 x MXY4A28VA

3 x MSYGE10VA

1 x MSYGE24VA

Upgrade to armflx 1/2" system 4

Upgrade copper 23 to 22 system 4

Drainage pipe 16mm

Free extension of warranty to 5 years (includes spare parts & transportation)

Piping limited to 75ft.. more than that need to topup..

Total $4284.. got this deal during gain city expo sale..

I think you may want to reconsider using MSY-GE24VA for living room. 3 reasons:

1) GE18VA would be sufficient given the size of 4rm living room.

2) outdoor unit is MXY4A28VA. If 24VA is in use, only 1 more 10VA can be simultaneously in use.

3) 28VA is huge in relation to the size of a standard 4rm living room. Doesn't look good aesthetically. Have a look at the dimensions and physical unit if possible.

I was so close to installing the 24VA too but eventually switched to 18VA. Sharing my line of thought.

Ya! It is the glossed homogenous tiles. Premium and we opted for the doors which do not look too shabby either. Since everything uses CPF, might as well. Hahahaha!

mine is called polished porcelain tiles and glazed porcelain tiles in living and kitchen respectively. yours same issit? NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYY

I personally do not recommend side by side. The external litres are no doubt bigger than the biggest 2 doors but the internal is actually much smaller.

Imagine keep a whole chicken in side by side, one compartment will be full already. 2 doors will still offer more free play.

I will rather save the couple of hundreds and put on other items. Also, if the fridge fail, then will have buy back a side by side to fit in the space allocated.

Given the layout and small HDB sizes nowadays, big fridge means less table top area for the kitchen.

i agree with comment on side by side. 2 door is by far most logical for our small apartments.

But i disagree about fridge size. If u do any sort of cooking at all, or have children which u intend to have home cooked meals for. buy big.

My elders advice was that if u cook less, ironically u need a bigger fridge cos most of your stuff needs to be refrigerated. For them the frequent cooking and marketing means they need less space at any time cos food is always being consumed.

I think you may want to reconsider using MSY-GE24VA for living room. 3 reasons:

1) GE18VA would be sufficient given the size of 4rm living room.

2) outdoor unit is MXY4A28VA. If 24VA is in use, only 1 more 10VA can be simultaneously in use.

3) 28VA is huge in relation to the size of a standard 4rm living room. Doesn't look good aesthetically. Have a look at the dimensions and physical unit if possible.

I was so close to installing the 24VA too but eventually switched to 18VA. Sharing my line of thought.

Depends on whether u entertain often.

I have the 24VA but i'm in a 5 room flat living room.

If u have friends and family often over in the living room, i would say get the bigger FCU cos u have to account for the hallway space and body heat of everyone.

mine is called polished porcelain tiles and glazed porcelain tiles in living and kitchen respectively. yours same issit? NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYY

If your flat specifications state the above, most probaby like ours!

i agree with comment on side by side. 2 door is by far most logical for our small apartments.

But i disagree about fridge size. If u do any sort of cooking at all, or have children which u intend to have home cooked meals for. buy big.

My elders advice was that if u cook less, ironically u need a bigger fridge cos most of your stuff needs to be refrigerated. For them the frequent cooking and marketing means they need less space at any time cos food is always being consumed.

We are thinking of buying big whether we frequently cook or not. We will take the fridge type into consideration. Thanks for another perspective.

• Like 1

Never mind. Hopefully, it will turn out nice.

yup crossing fingers too ;)

anw, hope u have a smooth reno ahead and can shift in by June!