Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi,

I am sharing this quotation by an ID that we have shortlisted and wanted to know, based on everyone's experience, if this breakdown is decent or expensive...

This is for a 4-room flat.

1. Install Sink and tap for kitchen, install laundry sink and tap with piping $500

2. Construct kerb for cabinets $1100

3. Bathroom supply and install glass panel $400

4. Bathroom cabinet 700mm $450

5. Bathroom hanging storage with mirror door $480

6. Cleaning and protection works $500

7. MIT Inv System 4 supply and install $4350

8. Electric works excl light fittings $650

9. Floor to ceiling shoe cabinet @ dining area $1760

10. Low and hanging cabinets in kitchen with laminated finish $2280

11. Low and tall cabinets @ stove and oven with laminated finish $1450

12. Caesarstone top $2630

13. Built-in wardrobe with laminated finish $1680

14. 3 bedroom doors and 2 bath doors $2750

15. Mediawall and low console 2400 mm $2240 (Elec works for this $250)

16. Wardrobe for 1 bedroom with laminate $1450

17. Hack-off partial wall, debris removal, haulage, make good wall $1150

Thanks in advance!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think it's not possible to comment unless there is more specificity in the details

For instance the length of the carpentry quoted, usually in 'per foot run' and up to 8 ft (2.4m) in height.

Same goes for the length of wall being hacked, and length of cesarstone

For electrical works, how many electrical points? I assume they are unconcealed.

For the bedroom and bathroom doors, what is material is it?

What type of Caesarstone top are they using..? As I believe there are different pricing for the material or texture used...

I believe you can get around $3800+ for the Mit Sys 4 Inv over here in the forum...

Need more details like measurement for your carpentry etc... :)

Edited by Asking4Help

Wow, thanks for replying! My mistake for leaving those details out. As these details are not in the quote, let me take it from the floor plan and write it here:

1. Install Sink and tap for kitchen, install laundry sink and tap with piping $500

3. Bathroom supply and install glass panel 1200mm length $400

5. Bathroom hanging storage with mirror door 2200mm length $480

9. Floor to ceiling shoe cabinet @ dining area 1650mm length $1760

10. Low and hanging cabinets in kitchen with laminated finish 2200mm length $2280

11. Low and tall cabinets @ stove and oven with laminated finish 3000mm length $1450

12. Caesarstone top 3000mm and 3875mm length $2630

13. Built-in wardrobe with laminated finish 2000mm length $1680

14. 3 bedroom doors and 2 bath doors (veneer panel doors) $2750

15. Mediawall and low console 2400mm $2240 (Elec works for this $250)

16. Wardrobe for 1 bedroom with laminate 1950mm length $1450

17. Hack-off partial wall (hack off top half of wall with length 2100mm), debris removal, haulage, make good wall $1150

There was no mention on the number of electrical points and yes they are concealed. We should have a better idea when we see the flat next week, that's why this quote did not indicate the lengths.

These numbers are giving me sleepless nights ...

Wow, thanks for replying! My mistake for leaving those details out. As these details are not in the quote, let me take it from the floor plan and write it here:

7. MIT Inv System 4 supply and install $4350 - there are better rate outside.

8. Electric works excl light fittings $650 - this is very tricky check on what will they be doing. electrical works is too general.

10. Low and hanging cabinets in kitchen with laminated finish 2200mm length $2280

11. Low and tall cabinets @ stove and oven with laminated finish 3000mm length $1450

12. Caesarstone top 3000mm and 3875mm length $2630 - as mention from other forum members here do take note on the type and what are the benefits to it.

15. Mediawall and low console 2400mm $2240 (Elec works for this $250) - as you can see from here. another electrical works here. they should be lump under one sum. additional $$.

17. Hack-off partial wall (hack off top half of wall with length 2100mm), debris removal, haulage, make good wall $1150

​for the laminated finish do check with your ID. Laminated finish including within the wardrobe and cabinet? Eg: Walk in wardrobe in open concept. if internal is white then it is not worth it.

From the quotation, this ID will request you to top up during renovation. Get a few more IDs for quotation and find contractor too. Hope it helps.

There was no mention on the number of electrical points and yes they are concealed. We should have a better idea when we see the flat next week, that's why this quote did not indicate the lengths.

Edited by Devilaz

7. MIT Inv System 4 supply and install $4350 - there are better rate outside.

8. Electric works excl light fittings $650 - this is very tricky check on what will they be doing. electrical works is too general.

12. Caesarstone top 3000mm and 3875mm length $2630 - as mention from other forum members here do take note on the type and what are the benefits to it.

15. Mediawall and low console 2400mm $2240 (Elec works for this $250) - as you can see from here. another electrical works here. they should be lump under one sum. additional $$.

​for the laminated finish do check with your ID. Laminated finish including within the wardrobe and cabinet? Eg: Walk in wardrobe in open concept. if internal is white then it is not worth it.

From the quotation, this ID will request you to top up during renovation. Get a few more IDs for quotation and find contractor too. Hope it helps.

Thanks Devilaz! This means I need to have a good chat with this ID. Your advice on the electric works and laminated finish is well-taken, will certainly clarify them.

From how vague the quotation is, we suspected more top-ups may be necessary in due course, so we'll see...

Will share the more concise quote after we sit down with the ID...

Also, are kerbs necessary for kitchen cabinets?

12. Caesarstone top 3000mm and 3875mm length $2630

15. Mediawall and low console 2400mm $2240 (Elec works for this $250)

Hi bro, i take it as standard points for your electrical works.

Height for new flats normally is around 8ft - 9ft

Air con you can get more more cheaper outside which is $3600-$3800

Kerb need not $1100, thats crazy. Around $350.

Carpentry works are also high, i can get you at least 10% lower

Caesarstone top i don't know what quality. In the market got many china products.

i rather you go for Quartz or Iquartz, Highly heat resistant and scratch proof.

You can pm me if you needs more details. Cheers~~

Jason ^_^

Edited by ContractorPrice

I do agree from Contractor Price. It is too pricey.

suggest DrAn to find more quotation rather then asking back on him. Grab a few more quotations and you will be able to see the different.

As for Quartz or Iquartz the quality is great. Yet to take note on where is it from.

Thanks Bro Devilaz, as for Iquartz, they ever pass me a copy of tested proven lab result so I trusted them. Been using them for all my customers cabinets. Cheaper ones are solid surface but it's not heat resistant and not scratch prove.

ID normally charges are higher then direct contractor cause their profit is based on how much they top up from contractor cost.

Positive points for ID is they are able to design your whole house to showroom standard and some fantastic ID can design the whole house to give you a wow factor.

Direct Contractor takes jobs from ID or salesman. We gives better after sales services cause we are direct and confirm better pricing also. If you knows what you want already it's better you look for direct contractor. We can give you advices on your requests and some ideas as well.

Jason

• Like 1

the quotation is not clearly in details.

Ans: install sink cost $120 and piping to run new point is $200 to install laundry sink cost $120

Ans: WOW...!!! how long is your kitchen cabinets 80ft long......???

3. Bathroom supply and install glass panel $400

Ans: Glass panel is only fix glass panel? shower screen 1 fix 1 swing? What thickness 8mm 10mm or 12mm?

Ans: Does it come with top...? like solid surface, quartz or granite???

5. Bathroom hanging storage with mirror door $480

Ans: How many ft...?

Ans: Protect what use what to protect....what type of cleaning?

Ans: Around there the price? lol outside price cheaper $3950 to $4100

Ans: What electric work? install lights, run new lights points, shift points??

9. Floor to ceiling shoe cabinet @ dining area $1760

Ans: No indicate of length so also dont know what is the cost in per foot?

10. Low and hanging cabinets in kitchen with laminated finish $2280

Ans: No indicate of length so also dont know what is the cost in per foot?

11. Low and tall cabinets @ stove and oven with laminated finish $1450

Ans:Ans: No indicate of length so also dont know what is the cost in per foot?

12. Caesarstone top $2630

Ans: very good brand but same no length indicate.

13. Built-in wardrobe with laminated finish $1680

Ans: 7ft? if is 7ft price is good.

14. 3 bedroom doors and 2 bath doors $2750

Ans: Bedrooms door per door is $320. Bathroom use what doors wood, Pd Doors or glass?

15. Mediawall and low console 2400 mm $2240 (Elec works for this $250)

Ans: 2400mm is around 8ft console per foot $280 way too high....but material use also define the cost.

16. Wardrobe for 1 bedroom with laminate $1450

Ans: 5ft? sliding or casement but both also way too high in price.

17. Hack-off partial wall, debris removal, haulage, make good wall $1150

Ans: Hack how long??? Hacking of wall per foot at $80.debris cost $250 Haulage $150 make good wall $300

That all for my comments hope it help u to understand more.

Gregory

Manager

Le Posh Design Pte Ltd

gregory@leposhdesign.com

Edited by BombMe

Thanks Bro Devilaz, as for Iquartz, they ever pass me a copy of tested proven lab result so I trusted them. Been using them for all my customers cabinets. Cheaper ones are solid surface but it's not heat resistant and not scratch prove.

ID normally charges are higher then direct contractor cause their profit is based on how much they top up from contractor cost.

Positive points for ID is they are able to design your whole house to showroom standard and some fantastic ID can design the whole house to give you a wow factor.

Direct Contractor takes jobs from ID or salesman. We gives better after sales services cause we are direct and confirm better pricing also. If you knows what you want already it's better you look for direct contractor. We can give you advices on your requests and some ideas as well.

Jason

Cannot PM you. Able to PM me your email to send you specs for a quote?