Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi forum,

Just wondering whether the renovation quote that I received from a contractor is reasonable for my 5I-HDB resale flat. Pls see the quote breakdown below and in-total is about $8.5K.

Demolition Works
supply labor to hack off existing kitchen sink. - $160
supply labor to dismantle existing WC at Main & Common toilet. - $100
To provide labor to dismantle existing Wash basin at Main & Common toilet. $80
To provide labor to hack off existing master toilet curb. - $125
Haulage & upload materials and clear debris from site. - $375
Masonry Works
supply & overlay Homogeneous floor tiles at kitchen - $2600
supply & overlay Homogeneous floor tiles at Main toilet & Common toilet - $1750
construct shower curb at master toilet. - $225
Plumbing Works
supply & install WC at Main & Common toilet. $800
supply & install Wash basin at Main & Common toilet. $500
supply & install new kitchen sink - $325
provide labor for connection inlet/outlet of Kitchen sink & tap. - $150
provide labor for connection inlet/outlet of wash basin for 2 toilets - $250
Miscellaneous
provide General cleaning & Chemical washing upon completion. $450
supply & install tempered glass 10 mm shower screen at master toilet. $750

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Masonry Works

Understand from what you had mention is resale flat. And if you overlay tiles on respective area as above will it pop up in the long run? As kitchen most are fixtures. If anything happen it will cost you another big hole in the pocket.

Masonry Works
Understand from what you had mention is resale flat. And if you overlay tiles on respective area as above will it pop up in the long run? As kitchen most are fixtures. If anything happen it will cost you another big hole in the pocket.

Thanks for your comments.

My understanding is that even if I hack the existing floor tiles instead of overlay, still we can’t ruled out the chances of pop up in the long run. After all this depends on the workmanship & quality of the material.

Secondly, my kitchen wall tiles are still in good condition so I would have to hack the wall tiles as well if I choose to hack & replace the floor tiles.

Thanks for your comments.

My understanding is that even if I hack the existing floor tiles instead of overlay, still we can’t ruled out the chances of pop up in the long run. After all this depends on the workmanship & quality of the material.

Secondly, my kitchen wall tiles are still in good condition so I would have to hack the wall tiles as well if I choose to hack & replace the floor tiles.

Overlay of flooring VS Redo a new flooring == $$$ Hacking is a sum of money there..

Bro rajujacob, if the workmanship and quality of materials are of top notch also won't guarantee you a problem free situation..

Why ? Because it gotta depends on the person who did your waterproofing last time. when we overlay the flooring indirectly its giving the floor more pressure thus the water will leak to your neighbour downstairs IF your waterproofing is not strong enough..

Just for your info, you can try go to your floor trap, open it and use your finger to try to dig the side area just below the tiles.. If you can dig out sand the i suggest you don't do overlay.. this method is not proven ah..

End of the day its a matter of lucky or unlucky.. Over my 6yrs in this line as a main contractor I've only met 3-5 such incidents..

As for your quotations, you can get $800 cheaper..

Tan ^_^

Edited by ContractorPrice

Masonry Works

yr kitchen must be very big... $2600??

Overlay of flooring VS Redo a new flooring == $$$ Hacking is a sum of money there..

Why ? Because it gotta depends on the person who did your waterproofing last time. when we overlay the flooring indirectly its giving the floor more pressure thus the water will leak to your neighbour downstairs IF your waterproofing is not strong enough..

Tan ^_^

Hi Tan

Hope I can ask u a question: From what u had mentioned, floor tiles advisable to hack then. Is it ok to overlay wall tiles then?

Thanks

Hi Tan

Hope I can ask u a question: From what u had mentioned, floor tiles advisable to hack then. Is it ok to overlay wall tiles then?

Thanks

STRONGLY not advisable !!!