Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gashapon05

Id Needed : So Many Out There How To Choose?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi there,for me as long as u chose a person who can communciate n hav chemistry too is the most impt..i had met up with more den 10 IDs before i engaged my current ID & will be starting reno next week..u can PM mi if u r keen i can share wif u my ID contact:)

Urgently look for 5 x Sales Designer, higher profit sharing than market rate, transport is Claimable, high opportunity

please contact me at 82008901 Ronald :good:

senior ID better or newbie ID better? male ID better or lady ID better?

- Luck

- See his/her past project

- Men and Lady same, but I prefer man as they seems coordinate better.

- Find an ID that drive .

- Chemistry

- The way they talk and proposed

- Answer calls promptly, at least return text promptly. If they busy at least acknowledge a text Call back later. Very important. I will never engage a service that no prompt response. It's turn off.....

Above is my 2 cents worth....... No flaming please.

True... any late reply and yet not responding ID will be in my Black list forever, based on my years of experience with people,

nor matter how you forgive them and grandmother advises, these ppl will never improve cause the attitude is forever in their blood,

everytime you thought they have shown improvement, its just another lie.... :dunno:

• Like 1

True... any late reply and yet not responding ID will be in my Black list forever, based on my years of experience with people,

nor matter how you forgive them and grandmother advises, these ppl will never improve cause the attitude is forever in their blood,

everytime you thought they have shown improvement, its just another lie.... :dunno:

Very nice say!!!

Actually this topic is quite good for all IDs to take note.... at least know what really consumers want. Just a discussion, not flaming. I met many IDs before. My past reno and current one. What i really emphasize most is timing, punctuality, prompt in replies.

I personally think, IDs are to coordinate jobs for the house owner as we mostly work during office hour. Apart from design and idea propose, not all owner will follow what the ID propose. A helpful ID is most important.

I am in my last stage of my Reno, as far as I am concern, my ID did a terrific job. He will replied to you no matter how busy or talking to his client, a simple text " call u a short while" let me know that he is engaging with someone. Appreciate. I also met an ID that reply after 6 days, reason is, very busy....WTF

The above is only my personal point of view lar............

I told my staff this: do you know who your customers are to you (I really meant only for sincere customer LoL) ?

They are the one who feed you & your family, without them you are not going to bring anything back to your family and I mean it!

How do you treat one that are feeding your family?....simple say, be nice to them & complete the task given to you are the right attitude you should do

to them :good:

• Like 1

I really know this trade is very competitive. Not like in the 80s. Technology is improving day by day........ I remembered my reno 13 years back whereas Technology not so Hi Tech, not much forums etc...... I was "slaughtered" by the contractor I engaged, until now their firm still under HDB registered but shifted location. One of a lesson to learn!

That is why RT is really a good forum for people like me coming in here to learn......... You can see from the T Blog, all friends here renovating their house don't seems like newbie, all very old bird .

Also careful of this....

HDB implement numbers of law recently, best example is to have all Hacker to have licensed to hack! Please check with your hacker to ensure that they have the physical license before engaging them to avoid unnecessary fine from HDB :deal:

There are ID & contractors out there who "borrow" HDB permit from licensed contractor time to time, this month onwards, all application has to be acknowledge by house owner so if you have signed up with "A" company and yet the permit stated "B" company, please report to HDB immediately for clarification or you will be getting yourself into trouble... ID/contractor may have tell you that its company has a few company name to avoid GST or so, it maybe true but DO NOT believe it, ask your dominated HDB officer who is taking care of your Block to ensure you are doing the right thing:

Dear Registered Holder
From 1 Apr 2014, flat owners will be required to complete the acknowledgement form as part of the requirement for renovation application. HDB Registered Renovation Contractors (RRCs) will be required to attach a copy of this duly signed acknowledgement form during the online submission of renovation application to HDB.
We would like to remind all RRCs that they are fully responsible and accountable for the renovation carried out in the HDB flats. Under Clauses 14 and 16 of the Terms of Registration of the HDB Registered Renovation Contractors’ Scheme (RRCS), there shall be no lending/assignment of the HDB renovation registration. HDB RRCs are not allowed to submit renovation application on behalf of any person or company who are not registered under the HDB RRCS. HDB will not hesitate to take punitive action against the errant renovation contractor.
RRCs are required to be mindful of the need to comply with all rules, regulations, instructions and requirements of Competent Authorities (eg MOM, BCA, URA, FSSD, NEA, PUB, EMA etc) in relation to renovation in HDB flats and to take measures to ensure the safety of workers when carrying out renovation in HDB flats. In addition, RRCs are advised to adopt crime prevention measures against housebreaking and theft and ensure proper disposal of renovation debris/waste when carrying out renovation in HDB flats.
Please click on the link to read the full details of the announcement :
http://www.hdb.gov.s...02?OpenDocument

My advice. Do not choose the ID who ask for a down payment before you agree the quotation and layout design. I have bad experience with the ID, AS Balestier. I paid a down payment last year and today, we are still discussing about the quotation because the ID do not care any more after the down payment. So be careful.

For ID point of view, deposit payment is for securing customer & for worker schedule planning.

So many customer get pulled by other ID film just because we are too kind by not asking for deposit :dunno:

Nevertheless, people shall put in effort for new customer :no:

A good ID will not use the deposit to secure (tie) a customer. Some IDs have the intention to earn the deposit with bad service and hope that the customer leave with disappointment. This is the feeling I have with AS Belestier, ID. Be careful.