Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I'm in the process of planning for an A&A for my semi D.

I've engaged a designer to carry out the architectural drawing, PE calculation, BCA & URA submission ,...

I've done soiltest and the PE confirmed no pilling work is required for me to add an attic above my 2 storey house.

Can anyone kindly tell me what is the current market rebuild cost based on psf for the additional GFA for attic (less than 1000sqft)?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi sillbeers,

We have quite a few A&A projects ranging from $180 to $250 psf depending on the choice of finishes.

I believe besides adding the new Gfa, u will also need to renovate the existing finishes. Will be glad to show u the houses we have done and also provide you with the budgetary estimate of the building cost.

pm me if u r interested

Hello, I can recommend the contractor my family and I used. very efficient and economical. pm if you want his contact details!

Hi sillbeers,

We have quite a few A&A projects ranging from $180 to $250 psf depending on the choice of finishes.

I believe besides adding the new Gfa, u will also need to renovate the existing finishes. Will be glad to show u the houses we have done and also provide you with the budgetary estimate of the building cost.

pm me if u r interested

homebuilder,

Typically what does $180 to $250 psf include?

Does it include below all or partial (which partial?) on an 80sqm Attic addition over 2 storey house w/o additional pilling needs?

1 Steel Structure +reinforcements + RC flooring

2 All external & internal partition walls (brickwall cw. plaster) over 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and common area

3 Glass Windows / Glass Sliding Doors

4 Timber doors (indoors)

5 Paquet Floor finish and ceramic tile floor + wall finish (bathroom)

6 Electrical works

7 Plumbling

8 50sqm balcony @ attic level (Steel Structure +reinforcements + RC flooring with ceramic tile finish) not included in GFA

9 Roof structure, insulation Roof tiles

Edited by sillbeers15

HI sillbeers,

Yes the cost will include :

1, Structural works (except piling) including roofer's works

2. Architectural works - Brickwork, floor & wall finishes, ceiling finishes, painting, internal timber doors , aluminium windows/ doors etc.

3. M & E works - plumbing (including sewerage) & electrical works

PM me if you hv any other query

Was quoted $650k for a recon from 2 sty to 3+roof terr.

Excludes submission fees, all floor tiles and wall tiles.

Was asked to place a 60k deposit fee to sign a contract for the team to start architecture design, layout planning, 3D drawings, and then the final quotation. The deposit will be accompanied with a list of what the $650k covers, just a general list of material used.

Is this practice of a deposit fee before company starts work a common one?

Was quoted $650k for a recon from 2 sty to 3+roof terr.

Excludes submission fees, all floor tiles and wall tiles.

Was asked to place a 60k deposit fee to sign a contract for the team to start architecture design, layout planning, 3D drawings, and then the final quotation. The deposit will be accompanied with a list of what the $650k covers, just a general list of material used.

Is this practice of a deposit fee before company starts work a common one?

hihi, dun mind if can share the company too and the list of work proposed?

homebuilder,

Typically what does $180 to $250 psf include?

Does it include below all or partial (which partial?) on an 80sqm Attic addition over 2 storey house w/o additional pilling needs?

1 Steel Structure +reinforcements + RC flooring

2 All external & internal partition walls (brickwall cw. plaster) over 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and common area

3 Glass Windows / Glass Sliding Doors

4 Timber doors (indoors)

5 Paquet Floor finish and ceramic tile floor + wall finish (bathroom)

6 Electrical works

7 Plumbling

8 50sqm balcony @ attic level (Steel Structure +reinforcements + RC flooring with ceramic tile finish) not included in GFA

9 Roof structure, insulation Roof tiles

Hi Sillibeers,

For the above mentioned works, we can do it at $160 - $230 psf. Please contact us at 6694 0480 if you need any further information.

hihi, dun mind if can share the company too and the list of work proposed?

This is just a ballpark figure, not a quotation.

The builder wants me to put a $60k deposit before they start the archi drawings, and then the quotation will follow.

This is just a ballpark figure, not a quotation.

The builder wants me to put a $60k deposit before they start the archi drawings, and then the quotation will follow

i think this maybe abit subjective?

if the final quotation is high, are you able to get 60K back?

i think this maybe abit subjective?

if the final quotation is high, are you able to get 60K back?

They will keep the quote at $650k and the types of material used will be specified. Note that this $650k excludes submissions, tiles, lights, wardrobe, cabinet, sanitary fixtures, water mixers. And all in, it would be $650k + $200k for a 3+roof terrace.

If at any point I pull out, I will lose the $60k.

Wonder if anyone has experienced this - pay about 10% before they start work...

Thank all for providing me valuable information for consideration.

I have finally gotten approval from URA for Recon instead of A&A due to bother line GFA increments and have decided on the builder to erect a 3rd storey for my existing 2 storey semi-d.

The agreed cost of build came to 600k excluding submissions, architect cost, PE cost & Aircon for a complete make over for the entire house.