Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marrythaigirlsg

2-Room Resale Flat

Hello.

I'm in the midst of purchasing a 2-room resale unit, it's a 47 year old unit, about 46sqm. The living room and bedroom flooring and walls looks ok, maybe just need to repaint the walls to white color and change the power sockets as they are very old, only the kitchen looks really bad. Behind the kitchen, hdb added a small laundry area and a bathroom, that new space I estimate is slightly over 6sqm, the flooring for that new space looks ok. The bathroom flooring and walls also looks ok, my wife just want to change the toilet bowls as they look really old. We could also change the water taps and basin.

One of the problems with kitchen is the flooring, old design and it has sharp edges and I think it's quite dangerous, might cut our feet if not careful, if possible we want to change it to same tiles as living and bed room, or at least similar. The original bathroom entrance is very narrow because it's facing the stove area and kitchen sink, if possible we would like to relocate the stove and sink, also change the sink. I also like to change the rubbish chute cover, by the way it's currently located below the sink, and also install a laundry pole holders on the ceiling.

Just wondering how much it will cost, don't intend to take loan, hope can get it done for less than 10k. By the way we don't like built in features, just plain simple and durable will do.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hey ts, I like your name. niceee!!!

well, if u want to save cost, why not try to arrange everything yourself?

Oh finally a non-robotic reply! Pardon me but I have been getting a few copy and paste responses.

Yeah I get your idea since I already know what I want, the thing is I'm not sure which contractors are reliable. There's this tilerseng guy in this forum who seems ok, then another contractor price guy also like not bad, what do you think or do you have any to recommend? Most importantly is can get the job done and quote reasonably.

yup, I told u already... ok, so any thai girls to recommend me? heehee..

I mean, just be aware of some contractors and ID. I am not trying to pin point JB contractors, but my friends and I encounter bad, very bad experience with JB contractors. however, not all are bad apples..

Edited by kangeroo168

yup, I told u already... ok, so any thai girls to recommend me? heehee..

I mean, just be aware of some contractors and ID. I am not trying to pin point JB contractors, but my friends and I encounter bad, very bad experience with JB contractors. however, not all are bad apples..

Haha, I only know my wife, I asked her but she say her friends all attached.

Noted and thanks for the advise, really appreciate it.