Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sharino

Our 2Nd Reno T-Blog - 6 Yrs Later..new Home

Our reno blog in renotalk was first done in 2008...back when my first child was not even a year old and now she is 6yrs old and I have another 4yr old girl and expecting another one now... :good:

We are starting our new renoblog for our resale condo in the western area of Singapore..

2rooms

Size - 936 Square ft

Got a few quotes but the prices were quite high considering we were only doing carpentry works...

Some photos first..

gallery_11256_300_230888.jpg

Edited by sharino

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Good luck on the Reno.

Think 2nd reno should be using the previous ID / Contractor if the first house is done nicely

By the way any floor plan to share

Edited by Songz

Good luck on the Reno.

Think 2nd reno should be using the previous ID / Contractor if the first house is done nicely

Hi Sorry for the late late posts...been busy with the reno... Will update the pictures...wasnt the same procedure of sharing pictures compared to previous forum format.

10154152 10203322275927965 699878391 N

changed the doors to the tv console and got the contractor to relaminate the visible parts to black gloss laminate..

Only problem, with 2 kids and another 1 on the way, the finger prints and marks on the mirrors are really a huge time consuming factor when cleaning....

Good luck on the Reno.

Hi, Sorry if I missed the question... the previous contractor did a great job and was also contracted by some forumers here 5yrs back as some of them came to my place to view. But unfortunately, he had relocated to Brunei...

I cant seem to find the posts from yr2008 anymore..

1902962 10203505629111680 1851726415921830720 N

10277571 10203502707678646 7948880905072040857 N

Got these 2 lights from taobao....

Engaged a handyman to mount them but got to hang the crystals ourselves...

At the background, the relaminated benches and dining area can be seen...will find more photos..

HI, just curious, how much did it cost to do the relamination? Thanks

Hi, I think its about 2k for the tv console due to the black mirror and relaminates to the other visible areas including an area at the side of the tv console.

For the dining area - its around 1k + as they changed the cushion for the bench as well.

• Like 1

Hi sharino,

Was it easy to find carpenters who would do relaminating? I have this feeling most wouldn't want to do this job since they make a lot less?

Hi sharino,

Was it easy to find carpenters who would do relaminating? I have this feeling most wouldn't want to do this job since they make a lot less

Yup..not many were keen on relaminating but the old owner of my unit had a huge tv console which had plenty of storage space. So we decided to keep it just that the laminates were not to our liking...Same goes for the dining area...plenty of storage under the seat and the side table...

Relaminated all to Glossy black..

I was lucky as the contractor I got was willing. Even brought the door of the switch box compartment back to his workshop to laminate using the machine..

Plenty of Storage!

1454938 10202804625467027 1035306098 N

Ah ok, so the contractor took the doors down, brought back to their workshop, removed old laminate, then apply new laminate?

How about the insides of the pre-existing carpentry? Did you change those too?

Edited by greglhc

Ah ok, so the contractor took the doors down, brought back to their workshop, removed old laminate, then apply new laminate?

How about the insides of the pre-existing carpentry? Did you change those too?

The doors of the tv console were changed as the ones the old owners were using were the slide and pull type which were quite difficult to clean at the back. We changed it to the push open mechanism(dont know what it is called) Other parts which were visible(on the outside), were relaminated at my place itself. The insides were not relaminated. Only certain drawers had to be modified so as to fit the new hinges.

The door of the switch box compartment was the one which they had to bring back to relaminate.