Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Troublemaker

Bachelorette On Budget

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello Troublemarker, my layout is very similiar to yours and I find the room passageway really inefficient spacing.

Is there a reason you have positioned your sofa on the left hand side facing towards the direction of the rooms? I have been wanting to postion in this manner too so that I am still conscious of people walking around the house. But my friend has suggested the other way round instead, she said she prefers not to be distracted when watching TV.

Edited by gemini

The Tv point is located at the right hand side, the wall of bedroom 2. I am thinking of shifting the TV point though... i will decide after getting the keys. Right now, i am waiting for my 2nd appt with HDB. Yay! :)

Have you decided how to reno your house?

Initially i thought of having a sliding door to cover the corridor and mount the tv onto the sliding door. I abandoned that thought when i realised that the TV might dropped if not mounted properly.

Hmm... now, i am thinking of having a TV console which has wheels so that i can move the TV to a more "centralised" position if i have a "normal" size sofa.

What do you guys think?

My unit is also 5 years old. I have already moved in last year. For singles, easy maintenance is critical. I like furniture with wheels too so I can move them around on my own since there is no one else to help out. I've delayed renovation for some time due to work and other commitment. Hope to start soon because I dislike staying in current condition. Still brainstorming what I would like to have for the renovation. After sometime, excitement died and stress kicked in. Ha Ha. I'm glad you had bought a 3 room resale instead. Personally I find that it is not worth the wait for a tiny 2 room flat in non mature area. Resale is good because it is immediate, and most importantly we get to choose the location we want.

Edited by gemini

• Like 1

My unit is also 5 years old. I have already moved in last year. For singles, easy maintenance is critical. I like furniture with wheels too so I can move them around on my own since there is no one else to help out. I've delayed renovation for some time due to work and other commitment. Hope to start soon because I dislike staying in current condition. Still brainstorming what I would like to have for the renovation. After sometime, excitement died and stress kicked in. Ha Ha. I'm glad you had bought a 3 room resale instead. Personally I find that it is not worth the wait for a tiny 2 room flat in non mature area. Resale is good because it is immediate, and most importantly we get to choose the location we want.

I love furnitures on wheels as well as normal shelves and cabinets as I love to change their positions whenever i feel the need to! Ahahaha...

I have finally collected my keys! Yay!

However, I can't do any renovation now as Qing Ming is round the corner. Some said its a big no-no :no: to renovate house during Qing Ming. Since I am not in a hurry to move in, then, I shall wait... Sianz...

As i am on a tight budget, I guess I will just do up the kitchen as the rest of the house looks okay. Hmm... gotta come up with a list of stuff to do... oh well... i still have time... :rolleyes:

Congrats on taking key.

For renovation, always do the Must have then follow by the good to have ...

Plan what is the skeleton of the house first as these are the things which cannot be done in future if you wish to do partial.

(*Juz my 2 cents worth)

Congrats on taking key.

For renovation, always do the Must have then follow by the good to have ...

Plan what is the skeleton of the house first as these are the things which cannot be done in future if you wish to do partial.

(*Juz my 2 cents worth)

Yup yup. I scrutinised the house and found that most part of the house is ok... i think coz the hse is only 5 years old.

I will change the aircon, lights, water heater and repaint the house.

Am considering of changing the window panes and possibly installing window grilles.

As for kitchen, will need to hack away the old cement "cabinet" and rebuild a smaller cement "cabinet" in order to put my fridge.

So far so good, i guess! :)

Yup yup. I scrutinised the house and found that most part of the house is ok... i think coz the hse is only 5 years old.

Am considering of changing the window panes and possibly installing window grilles.

As for kitchen, will need to hack away the old cement "cabinet" and rebuild a smaller cement "cabinet" in order to put my fridge.

For 5 yrs housing, think minimum is needed to be done usually. :good:

Finally found one more ppl who is only doing partial reno. lol

But you are more lucky than me since yours only 5 yrs olf flat. Mine is 20 yrs old. :~

But you are more lucky than me since yours only 5 yrs olf flat. Mine is 20 yrs old. :~

oh pls mine is 35yrs ... LoL ~

During our parents' era, as they dun have much $, they also did the basic necessity and can still live in with no problem.

I guess i inherit their kind of "simple" living since young. Ahahaha... So, just the basic minimal style will do! ;)

With aircon and painting the walls n the kitchen reno, i hope to keep the reno fees below 10k. Hmm... possible?