Sign in to follow this  
Troublemaker

Bachelorette On Budget

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My common room aka study room! :wub:

">http://gallery_59611_304_193746.jpg

My corridor aka passageway! :wub:

">http://gallery_59611_304_125924.jpg

My corridor is the same color as the common room coz I still have leftover paint! keekee...

However, I think its a nice contrast between the living room color and corridor color.

I have also painted the door frame to white color. I intend to hang pictures on the walls of the corridor! :wub:

Edited by Troublemaker

Sorry about the mess! As you can see, I haven't clean up the mess aka paints on the floor etc. I shall provide more pictures after my furniture starts coming in!

I am changing the bedroom doors to solid wood doors as I found the current doors very hollow. I have requested white doors to go with the overall color scheme! :wub:

I am also going to install sliding windows to the service yard. I shall upload more photos when they are fixed! Yay! :)

Wow your house is very colorful! Are you using dulux paint? Most of our rooms are neutral earth tones and I decided to go loud for kitchen wall. Hope it turns out ok!

Edited by LHWH

Wow your house is very colorful! Are you using dulux paint? Most of our rooms are neutral earth tones and I decided to go loud for kitchen wall. Hope it turns out ok!

I totally agree! Ahahaha

Blue color is good for bedroom coz its conducive for sleeping. Grey is a nice color. And the bluish-green color brightens up the living room.

I bought Nippon paint as it is the only brand that is available in Self-fix shops.

May I know your masterbedroom color code? Looks cool.

Its Nippon paint, "Lite Up NP PB 1544 P".

i chose the matt version, there is another "bright" version of this color with another code.

Great work you done there on the painting :good:

Must have a sense of satisfaction when you complete it ... Heheh

Hope to see more update pics after your furnishings

Great work you done there on the painting :good:

Must have a sense of satisfaction when you complete it ... Heheh

Hope to see more update pics after your furnishings

Besides the sense of achievement, its also the $ saved! I think I saved at least $600 by not employing the painters to do the job for me!

Oh well... I am on budget! ;)

Think you need to touch up the upper edges.

You mean the edge where the ceiling meets the wall? That is the most difficult part to paint... I can only paint as close to the ceiling as possible... 1 mistake and i need to touch up on the ceiling again... haiz...

I have to wait until I recover from my shoulder ache first... :(

I love that colour!! Before, when I painted our rooms, I would buy painter's tape, and tape out the edges that I did not want to bleed into. After the paint dried, I peel the tape off. It is A LOT of work though and it killed my shoulders. AND the tape wasn't cheap. Truth be told, only I could tell where I missed.

I did not notice your edge as the colour drew my attention first :) Great job!

• Like 1

I love that colour!! Before, when I painted our rooms, I would buy painter's tape, and tape out the edges that I did not want to bleed into. After the paint dried, I peel the tape off. It is A LOT of work though and it killed my shoulders. AND the tape wasn't cheap. Truth be told, only I could tell where I missed.

I did not notice your edge as the colour drew my attention first :) Great job!

Thanks!

The painter's tape that I used when i painted the door frame, had paint coming off the wall after i peeled it off... hmm... maybe i bought the low quality one... 8|

I will get a good quality painter's tape this time round! :P

I will touch up on the edges when my lights from tb are fixed (they are still on their way to sg) as I will need to touch up on the ceilings again! But its pretty fun! My hard work! :wub:

Edited by Troublemaker

I will touch up on the edges when my lights from tb are fixed (they are still on their way to sg) as I will need to touch up on the ceilings again! But its pretty fun! My hard work! :wub:

TB lights! Please review them if you can. I plan to buy mine from there too. Need to find ways of cutting costs.

TB lights! Please review them if you can. I plan to buy mine from there too. Need to find ways of cutting costs.

No problem on that!

I will review on the lights from TB, as well as my solid wood doors (bedroom) and sliding windows after they have been installed.

I shall review on my Aluminium Swing doors (bathroom) soon! :)