Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beautyempir3

New Policy For Home Owner

Hello there,

I am intending to buy a flat at Hougang HDB and need to renovate the kitchen. But I just found out from my agent that we need to sign a form from HDB before we engage contractor. Did you do that before?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

seems like really a new requirement. if you look at the bottom left of the last page of the form. it stated that its version 1 and Jan 2014. i didn't have to do it when my ID applied for renovation permit in late Dec 2013 for works to start in Jan 2014.

seems like really a new requirement. if you look at the bottom left of the last page of the form. it stated that its version 1 and Jan 2014. i didn't have to do it when my ID applied for renovation permit in late Dec 2013 for works to start in Jan 2014.

Yes, I heard the purpose is to alert home owner to be careful of any none license ID. The new rule is just started.

Yes, I heard the purpose is to alert home owner to be careful of any none license ID. The new rule is just started.

An assumption. If one engaged a license Renovation company, but the Renovation company uses non license contractor or workers without valid work permit, what will be the consequences? If the work being delayed, can home owner sue the company?

An assumption. If one engaged a license Renovation company, but the Renovation company uses non license contractor or workers without valid work permit, what will be the consequences? If the work being delayed, can home owner sue the company?

i think 2 different issues ba. From the link , i understand that we infringe the HDB ruling and can get fine for engaging non license contractor. Maybe i m wrong , can someone read the new policy and share with us?? http://www.hdb.gov.s...gement Form.pdf ... also can find out from hdb info web.

If the ID firm is not a HDB registered company, but the contractors they are using to do the renovations are HDB licensed, is that ok?

If the ID firm is not a HDB registered company, but the contractors they are using to do the renovations are HDB licensed, is that ok?

Ohh sound so complicated .... they r so many ID firms have HDB license. if any problems arise in future, HDB only deal wif license contractor. U might find urself in trouble... not worth to take the risk ....

Ohh sound so complicated .... they r so many ID firms have HDB license. if any problems arise in future, HDB only deal wif license contractor. U might find urself in trouble... not worth to take the risk ....

Ya lor, those without license might not familiar with HDB rules n regulations ma and also u violate HDB rules. Better check with HDB officer or log in to HDB info web.