Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Tini

Help! Relocate Toilet Bowl

Can a toilet bowl be shifted to a new position?

Does the plumber need to get permit from hdb?

I'm in the process of renovating my 3 room resale flat. I coverted the toilet from squaring to a sitting.

The plumber have already install my new toilet but neglected to advise me that I won't be able to seat comfortably. My knee is hitting the wall across and I would have to literarily open my legs wide in order to seat on the toilet.

I'm getting my ID and plumber to change the position of the toilet bowl to face the door rather than across the wall.

Now I'm wondering if this is legal and if I would face any issues in the long run like choking of the drainage?

Need all the advise I could get.

Thank you

I will try to post a picture just not sure how to do it here.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi as far as I know..u can't move it from one place to another...but from the same position can change the direction its facing. Cos the all toilet bowl pipes are already in place below each unit by HDB.u can see ur above unit's toilet bowl piping in your toilet.

Hope this helps..

Not sure about HDB allowed or not. But did asked for quotes to shift toilet bowl before - $2k. Its too expensive to shift, so suggest not to shift at all. Cheaper choice, maybe to choose a smaller size toilet bowl.