Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tcm

North West Interior Design

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I've contacted them for a quote and surprisingly their quoted price is quite competitive. Not sure about the ID though. Given the scale of the company (case trust, etc), and good price, I am quite tempted to sign with them. However, am also quite bothered by the negative feedback on them .Hope to hear more from those who have engaged their service!

Am interested to know if anyone has used their services as well.. Like wat mysapporo said, their quotes are quite competitive.. Thus am tempted to sign up w them but the earlier reviews here make us worry..

(When I wanted to do my house reno & searching for NW Int reviews, I couldn't find any either. So here goes with the sharing of my 'long overdue' review and hope others will also start sharing)

Did my reno early this year. NW Int. quote was one of the lower ones and I decided to give the ID an opportunity eventhough he was relatively new. Also mainly because was recommended by a friend and the reno works were up to standard at my friend's place. Btw, I requested my ID that I didnot want any so-called 'free' stuffs as in reality, those costs are factored in also. So probably that was why quote was lower too.

My reno works included the following (Ard $32K. Took approx. 7 weeks in total when estimation was 6 weeks. So still not too bad):

- Kitchen & 2 toilets (hacking + tiling + kitchen cabinet)

- Replastering of entire house walls + ceiling

- Electrical wiring (whole house)

- Plumbing

- Painting of whole house (Standard matt type paint)

- Whole house windows & bedrm doors replacement

- Additional wall hacking and floor leveling (this caused some delays due to getting approval from authority)

Cost excludes toilet and electrical fittings as I bought on my own.

Pros:

- This ID was diligent & responsible, as in he ensured work was carried out almost everyday and he came to check regularly

- Workers are also quite experienced (Usually from across the causeway so rest assured)

- If any mismatch or issues (based on agreed quote), he would rectify promptly

Cons:

- Being new, I had to propose numerous solutions to him to get the work done as per my requirements.

- He showed the standard tiling shop and not keen to bring to other shops (probably due to 'internal' arrangements). We then went to other tiling shops on our own and gave him the tile info. for him to order, provided its within the tile budget quoted.

- As usual, any additional work (no matter how minor) meant a 'top-up' (Btw, I made sure 'almost' every detail was captured in the final quote as any additional work meant additional $$.)

In general, quite satisfied with the work done and ID's responsibility in coordinating between the different works.

From own experience, I would highly suggest to check the work done everyday so that any mismatch can be rectified quickly. Also, do some readup on your own on how certain reno works are done so you know if its standard regulation or not. This is really critical to avoid getting conned when ID say certain things are 'standard' or if something cannot be done. Ofcourse make sure every detail is captured in the final quote.

Hope this helps. Cheers :D

went before...

fri price is as such

sat price is as such.can change in one day sia...first say have solid surface.then say mjst top up solid surface

but the guy is quite nice..only that the price quite on a high side for me.although they have the tile package for 3 days.

I used to renovate my house using *. It was quite good. The ID was very friendly and helpful. My mum was a very 'niao' person and we kept making them redo the finishes because it was not up to our standards. 5 years warranty. Once, the mecury in my mirror had some slight leakage. Called the ID, he sent people up the next day to check, and changed the whole piece (mine was a whole piece mirror feature wall). Sadly, he left the company alr.

Currently, I am preparing to shift in Oct. Engaged * again and waiting for this guy called Alan's quotation. By doing a simple background check, see a few good reviews of him through NW fb group. But you know, NW is the admin, of cos only good stuff will be up.

Personally, I heard their workmanship is above average (considered good). Currently staying at my house in SK for about 7 years after renovation. Everything still in good condition.

But I am also looking into direct contractors but I don't know where to start for direct contractors. So hopefully, this Alan guy will give me a competitive price like you said and I will engage NW again. HAHAHA.

For those who wish to have a look at the workmanship of my house (7 years old) by NW, can just send me an email jokker19891@hotmail.com