Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
twistie

Problems With Amasco Ceiling Fans

Hi All. Wondering if anybody else has had problems with their Amasco ceiling fans.

I bought 4 last year in my newly renovated 5-room flat. Bought from ION Lighting at Joo Chiat. The model I bought is not easily available and not all fan shops have it. I bought it because it was the only ceiling fan I could find which has wooden blades. I am totally regretting the purchase and wish I had gotten some reliable KDK fans.

Within 1 year, all 4 Amasco fans in my flat have broken down at least once. It will be working fine when suddenly, there's a click sound and it just stops working. All 4 have been repaired at different times when they broke down and yet they break down again. All my other lighting fixtures on the ceiling are perfectly fine so I don't think it's the electrical wiring.

Please let me know if you're facing similar issues with your ceiling fans - from Amasco or other brands.

Model: DC FAN DCG-8 with 5 wooden blades

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Twistie, I too face the same problem with my current Amasco ceiling fan. I purchased it in 2012

The fan at times will have random 'clicking' sounds and the speed has become very slow on a couple of occasions.

I called up their servicing and when their man came down, he said the fan has got no problems and insisted to collect money from me for doing nothing.

I am currently looking at changing to Acorn as I heard good reviews about this fan.

totally unreliable service from amasco and agent Bacera (shop in geylang), cancelled my installation 3 times siting dubious reasons such as staff MC, no accountability between agent and supplier, electrician never turned up on the date and time agree. note that my schedules were set 2 weeks prior, not rushed. if they are like this with new purchases what more for servicing and maintenance later on.

totally unreliable service from amasco and agent Bacera (shop in geylang), cancelled my installation 3 times siting dubious reasons such as staff MC, no accountability between agent and supplier, electrician never turned up on the date and time agree. note that my schedules were set 2 weeks prior, not rushed. if they are like this with new purchases what more for servicing and maintenance later on.

Dear ESEE

I believe your name is Sheryl. I have investigated your negative comments, and while I am sorry that the experience wasn’t seamless, there is a need for us to present a chronological sequence of the truth for which your representation is distorted

We had informed Amasco on the 23th of June to make an appointment with you to install the Triniti fan. Amasco called you and arranged with you to install on Saturday 5th of July or 12th of July, because Saturdays were the only days where installation was possible for you.

You then called our staff, Mary, saying that 5th July is too long to wait and wanted an earlier date. Mary told you that she will sought help from other installers to install at an earlier date, albeit at a higher cost. She then found Mr Kong, and you had requested for the timing to be 3 July after 6pm since you had work. Since you stay at a condominium, no works are allowed after 5pm, so we at Bacera verified with you if it is possible to do it after 6pm, which you said was ok, and so the date was set at 3 July 6pm

At this point, I must state that Bacera has tried it’s best to satisfy a customer, even arranging for a 6pm installation though it wasn’t the norm.

Unfortunately, on the 3nd of July, Mr Kong was unable to make it can called you at around 4-5pm to inform you. It was then discussed that the installation was to be at 5 July 10am instead, and this was agreed. You had difficulty contacting the installer earlier because installers can’t answer the phone all the time. If they were installing something, how do they answer the phone when they are working?

On the 5th of July, Mr Kong did not turn out at the scheduled time because he was sick (we had not said that he was on MC or overseas) he was just plain sick and unable to work. Mr Kong SMS our staff at about 9.30am, and our staff read the message around 10am. You had called a little after 10am asking why Mr Kong had not turned up, and we explained he was sick. You were angry, which is of course perfectly justifiable, but these events were beyond our control. You then had an electrician doing work at your house and asked if we can give you a refund for the installation cost of which we agreed.

All of us become frustrated when things don’t go smoothly, and I do understand your anger. As a business, we always want, though we are not always successful, to provide a good consumer experience.

Sincerely

Bacera Pte Ltd

Im also having the same problem bought 3 sets of fans one after another keep having problem. Have called them for servicing twice already and now all my fans not working called them again they say need to pay for parts and transport chargest..

I should have read and do some research before buying their fans. :angry2:

Purchased their ceiling fan in Jan 2015 at a shop in balestier. In May, I encounter difficulties in controlling my fan. Call the fan shop in balestier and was asked to refer to agent. Agent called me up to say that my remote was out of warranty as there was a sticker pasted there "2012" which means they sold the fan to the shop in Yr2012 thus no longer valid for the remote warranty. BUT I only purchase in 2015 leh..... Super pissed off that they ask me call the shop and shop ask me call agent as it's warranty by agent.

This is my first time using Amasco ceiling fan and shall be my last time using it. :curse: :curse: :curse:

Plenty of issues with the AMASCO fans! We bought 4 Amasco Triniti II Fans, 3 of 42" (with the Light Kit) and 1 of 56", from LE Lighting in Balestier Road in Jan 2016. As for today, Dec 2017 we have called them to come down to fix the issues of the fans 4 times. Once the one-year warranty has expired, Air Wings will charge a total of $60 (transport charge $35 and service charge $25), on top of the spare parts.

What are the issues we have encountered:

(1) the lights cannot be switched off, even though the remote control is working with the clicking sound. The technician claimed that the motor is not working, hence he has to change the motor . Two of the 42" fans had this problems in two separate occasions.

(2) the remote control was not working - when we turned on the main switch of the fans, the lights can be switched on but not the blades. Two of the 42" fans had this problem (Fortunately or unfortunately, two of these fans did not work on the same night, for that, I could just call them down and fix them on the same day!)

In addition to that, they can only fix the appointment after three days?

GOOD LUCK IF YOU ARE GETTING THE AMASCO FANS!

Beware of AMASCO !!! 

Amasco fan is the worst fan I ever used. We bought 5 ceiling fans. All 5 take turns to break down over the course of 2 years. We called the hotline 62892210. The people who answered the call were unprofessional to say the least. Whole lot of things happened during the period when I had to deal with them attending to the repair of the 5 fans, In short, they try to con consumer, asking for service fee $25 and transport fee $35 each time they come down. The worst thing is their receiver takes turn to spoilt. When asked why your receiver spoilt so easily, they can tell you its user problem, the way we on/off the switch. Total crap. Our haiku fan in the living room was used more frequently with every member of the house with different user pattern, and there was not a single instance of breakdown. What user problem?? Apart from receiver problem, creeking noise, loud motor cranking noise are frequent occurance. So the bill that I have - $228 for one fan receiver to be changed! Imagine you have to change this receiver once a year? hahaha... After 2 years, might as well buy a haiku fan... Conclusion... Lousy product... unprofessional and dishonest ppl... exorbitant charges.... Oh I forgot to mention... When asked the name of the staff... She says "my name is Tan". I said yes I know your surname is Tan, but whats your NAME? She says yeah, my name is TAN. Everyone calls me TAN! 
After going to facebook today, I finally realized why she was so secretive... because she knows her company has been bombarded big time, and she is afraid her name would be mentioned. 
When you see AMASCO, run away in the opposite direction as fast as you can!