Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aakin

Fabulous Curtain Horrible!

Sign up with fabulous curtain at balestier on November 2013. At first, whatever I requested they will said ok, can but after signing and paid deposit, they never bother to call to arrange appointment. I had to keep calling. I did 3 roller blinds for bedroom and curtain for living room. Blinds are done but now waited until feb still nobody contact me regards to my curtain. Not until mid feb they message me said the colour of the curtain I chosen is no longer available. I replied back and said they should have inform me earlier and the salesman just message me sorry and said he was also upset over this issue too and that's it. Until now nobody bother to call me to follow up. After sales service really horrible,thanks to them that I had to live with bare window for months. I will not recommend them to any of my friends.

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I was going to start a new thread to share my horrible experience with Fabulous Curtains - until i realised i am not the only one.

I got my outdoor blinds for my MBR living room from Fabulous Curtains recently. As usual, during pre-sales, the saleman Mr Dennis very patiently showcased his company's product range, pricing etc and more importantly how superior his products were. I specifically asked him if his outdoor blinds could withstand strong winds as I m staying on the 26 floor. I told him I did not want to install guide rails (vertical wires spanning from ceilling to the ledge to guide the curtain so they dont flap too much) because i found them unsightly and they obstruct my view. I have another set of outdoor blinds at my living room and with some DIY solution, they work perfectly without guide rails and had no issue withstand strong winds. I told Dennis if his product could not do that, he must be honest with me. He said his roller mechanism was better than my existing outdoor blind set and would have no problem with strong wind.

Unfortunately, within 2 weeks from installation, there was a stormy night and i woke up to find that the wind had forced the fabric to be almost detached from the roller tube. I tried to roll up the blind but realised the spring mechanism that Mr Dennis so proudly spoke of had came loose. My wife and I had to 'manually' rolled up the blind - braving rain and at 2am in the morning! What a shtty experience.

So i called Dennis next day and he sent some workers over. What they did was to replace the spoilt mechanism with a new but same exact mechanism.

i told him this was not the solution because his spring mechanism was not built to withstand strong winds. Surprise surprise, Dennis made a U-turn and said that I had to install guide rails in order for the blinds to withstand strong wind! I strongly doubt his claim that the guide rail with mitigate the problem because it only guides the fabric up and down but does nothing to secure the fabric in positiion. So I asked Dennis to change out the whole mechanism to a more robust one but he refused - I suspect Fabulous Curtains do not have such products to begin with.

For those considering outdoor blinds, please bear in mind that the 'sail effect' caused by strong winds is capable of detaching your blind and send it plunging down! If you want a peace of mind, think twice about getting yours from Fabulous Curtains. Not so fabulous after all.

Tan.

Sign up with fabulous curtain at balestier on November 2013. At first, whatever I requested they will said ok, can but after signing and paid deposit, they never bother to call to arrange appointment. I had to keep calling. I did 3 roller blinds for bedroom and curtain for living room. Blinds are done but now waited until feb still nobody contact me regards to my curtain. Not until mid feb they message me said the colour of the curtain I chosen is no longer available. I replied back and said they should have inform me earlier and the salesman just message me sorry and said he was also upset over this issue too and that's it. Until now nobody bother to call me to follow up. After sales service really horrible,thanks to them that I had to live with bare window for months. I will not recommend them to any of my friends.

Next time try this guy 9xxxxxxx

Until now my case with fabulous curtain not settle from nov 2013 to aug 2014. They even threaten to issue court letter to me to pay up balance when they can't even install my curtain for me and told me lies of colour defect then waited for months and told me stop production. I asked why so long then get back to me and this staff by the name of Wilson told me " you are not my only customer". Services are really so poor.

This is the whole story
I saw the curtain i like so i signed up with them for 1 curtain at the living room & 3 blinds in bedrooms. Paid a deposit of $500 (total price is $1300) on 2nd Dec 2013. 2 days later after payment, this staff that i signed up with (WILSON) told me colour defect in his warehouse so i must change colour. So coincidence that such a short period of time colour defect for only that colour? I suspect they don't have it in the first place and cheat me into signing the contract. I told him i will wait for next batch since i cannot find another colour or design i like after going down to choose again. He told me will be 2 months later after cny.
On 19 feb, i received a msg from Wilson that supplier had stop production of that colour of my curtain. Another coincidence?
He said he will revert back to me and give me an explanation. and only until 24 apr then i received another of his msg apologise to me for the delay and said he reservist for 3 weeks. from 19 feb to 24 apr was 65 days and reservists only 21 days and i question him this and he told me very rudely that i am not his only customer. He also claimed that i ignored his calls when what i recalled is he only start calling me 1 time in May, another time in June and last time in July for remaining balance when my curtain had not been up till now.
He said he will removed the curtain off my invoice and demand me to pay up the remaining balance if not he is going to issue me court letter. But the problem is he give me a breakdown of the price which i am totally not aware. Now he claimed the actual price before discount is $1966 and after discount is $1300, so he only will removed $414 off the $1966. But when i signed up that time he told me his curtain is of good quality and cost $800+.
SIGN UP WITH FABULOUS CURTAIN AT YOUR OWN RISK COS AFTER SALES SERVICE IS REALLY DIFFERENT FROM BEFORE.

Edited by aakin

I would like to share my account of poor after-sale service for awareness.

Notably, our outdoor blind was faulty because the string was disengaged from the roller. After contacting Fabulous Curtain (sales rep: Valent Lam), he promised to arrange for repairs in a week time.  Subsequently, he rejected my calls and told me that he has left the company. When we visited their store at Balestier last Sunday, it was empty.

We were advised by kind residents that we should contact the makers of the blind (Sunlight Blinds) in Malaysia. The rep from Sunlight Blinds told me that Fabulous Curtain has been liaising with them and has not winded. Valent remained in charge of sales.  

However, both Fabulous curtain and Sunlight Blinds subsequently rejected my calls even though we wanted to pay for our repairs.

With all the time delay, the waterproof shade eventually fell out from the roller. 

For those who have engaged Fabulous Curtain services, please be mindful that your call may not be entertained should you encounter any problems in the near future.

String.jpg

Wind guard.jpg