Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dotty

Brand Of Ur Washer

hello ppl,

just wanna ask, is front load better or top load better? I find front load washers generally priced higher than top load.... why ah?

According to some salesperson I spoke to, front load washer are more water and energy efficient, especially the continental brands cos the environmental consiousiness and awareness are higher in Europe. But they are also pricer.

Front load washers usually have more wash options, such as "hand wash" which so far I have not seen in top load washers yet. Some told me that front load washers are gentler on your clothes, and your clothes will have less crease after washing (not sure true or not). Front load washers require specific detergent.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Thought of starting a new thread. When I see this thread, I tink it's the right place to ask.

What are the pros and cons of having separate washer and dryer(one washer and one dryer) and integrated washer cum drier (one machine). Only few brands are coming with washer cum drier...

Anyone have any thoughts on my question ? ;)

Anyone have any thoughts on my question ? :~

1. Single Drum more convenient (dun need to transfer)

2. Dual Drum more efficient (mechanically and wash/dry wise)

3. Dual Drum take more space (width wise)

4. If u got a build in washer space make sure u measure the width!

thanks for all the info. so front load is better? guess I hv 2 increase my budget for mi washer then... :)

the continental brand is more worth the $$ for front loaders.

1. Single Drum more convenient (dun need to transfer)

2. Dual Drum more efficient (mechanically and wash/dry wise)

3. Dual Drum take more space (width wise)

4. If u got a build in washer space make sure u measure the width!

1. Ya. It's convenient. But will it do the job properly ?

2. Oh. Will the washer cum drier machine have two drums in one machine ? You mean to say, dual drum means 2 separate machines, a washer and drier ?

3. Ya. If two machines means take more space. I've seen in someone's blog, the drier is mounted on wall above the washer.

Actually for convenient sake (dun need to transfer), I want to buy a washer cum drier. quite lazee lao..

But if this works efficiently, why people buy washer and drier separately ? Any reason ? cheaper $ ? or better efficiency ?

:D

According to some salesperson I spoke to, front load washer are more water and energy efficient, especially the continental brands cos the environmental consiousiness and awareness are higher in Europe. But they are also pricer.

Front load washers usually have more wash options, such as "hand wash" which so far I have not seen in top load washers yet. Some told me that front load washers are gentler on your clothes, and your clothes will have less crease after washing (not sure true or not). Front load washers require specific detergent.

so bro, are u getting LG Tromm or other brand? :)

A few months ago, my 8 year old Electrolux front load washing machine went kaput. When I was searching for a replacement, I thought maybe I should have a look at the legendery Miele honeycomb (patented) front load machine. It's more than 3K. I could do part with good money for this. So instead, I bought a Brandt instead and am happy with it. So far so good. Very quiet. What I like about it is that it does have the handwash feature, as well as various speeds for spin dry.

1. Ya. It's convenient. But will it do the job properly ?

2. Oh. Will the washer cum drier machine have two drums in one machine ? You mean to say, dual drum means 2 separate machines, a washer and drier ?

3. Ya. If two machines means take more space. I've seen in someone's blog, the drier is mounted on wall above the washer.

Actually for convenient sake (dun need to transfer), I want to buy a washer cum drier. quite lazee lao..

But if this works efficiently, why people buy washer and drier separately ? Any reason ? cheaper $ ? or better efficiency ?

:seeya:

It should be more efficient. 2in1 is normally cheaper than 2 separate. actually individual preference. u like to drink soup first then eat main course or rojak? :) Lazy pple like me will go for one integrated. So long it don't clutter your house up can le. :horse:

My Tromm cap is 9kg wash and 5kg dry...works pretty well although I dont use the dryer often...heavy on the pocket lah...

A few months ago, my 8 year old Electrolux front load washing machine went kaput. When I was searching for a replacement, I thought maybe I should have a look at the legendery Miele honeycomb (patented) front load machine. It's more than 3K. I could do part with good money for this. So instead, I bought a Brandt instead and am happy with it. So far so good. Very quiet. What I like about it is that it does have the handwash feature, as well as various speeds for spin dry.

Which model of Brandt? I want to research on the net. Thanks.

At first i want to get brandt too. But after hearing some feedbacks from the sales person i had change to fisher and packer.

For brandt front load it can used hot water to wash clothings. As it come with a heater under the washer. So it will required a lot of watts. If im not wrong is about 2Kws. Just for washing itself.

At first i want to get brandt too. But after hearing some feedbacks from the sales person i had change to fisher and packer.

For brandt front load it can used hot water to wash clothings. As it come with a heater under the washer. So it will required a lot of watts. If im not wrong is about 2Kws. Just for washing itself.

You can always select COLD water to wash your clothes. So you won't need use the water heater at all. With a hot water feature, you can use HOT water when you need to remove stubborn stains on cotton or bed sheets etc. Strange that the sales person discouraged you. I hope he is not a F&P sales person!

Which model of Brandt? I want to research on the net. Thanks.

It's their newest model. The 7 kg load one, that's advertised with the Brandt Teddy Bear giveaway. The thing that swung me to buy this model is that they have a 30min quick wash option (not every washing machine has this). Most of the time, our clothes are not that dirty anyway. Unless you choose to re-wear your clothes a few times before throwing it into the laundry.

It should be more efficient. 2in1 is normally cheaper than 2 separate. actually individual preference. u like to drink soup first then eat main course or rojak? :sport-smiley-018: Lazy pple like me will go for one integrated. So long it don't clutter your house up can le. :(

I was advised against the 2 in 1's by the SA in Harvey Norman. He said that it's usually the dryer that becomes out of order first, and if it's beyond repair, you will have to buy a brand new set altogether.

One thing ... we live in the tropics. Clothes are best dried naturally in the sunlight. We have the sun and breeze that temperate countries do not. Dryers were made for them. It puzzles me why the dryer is so popular these days. Drying clothes in the dryer shrinks them by the way.

Edited by Chunky Monkey

You can always select COLD water to wash your clothes. So you won't need use the water heater at all. With a hot water feature, you can use HOT water when you need to remove stubborn stains on cotton or bed sheets etc. Strange that the sales person discouraged you. I hope he is not a F&P sales person!

nope. i ask from the big dept stores like courts, best denki and harry norman. all tell me the same things. :sport-smiley-018:

so bro, are u getting LG Tromm or other brand? :lol:

FW likes the LG Tromm. Dryer option is a plus, good for those rainy season but don't think will use it often, painful on the pocket. Also prefers it to dry naturally.

Still deciding... no rush...