Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dotty

Brand Of Ur Washer

gosh, i'm admiring the LG & Samsung new technology types of washer cum dryer... hence my other thread.

i am still hestitating & hearing your comment about short life span...er...

anyone bought the 2 in 1 & still happy after 3 years?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
gosh, i'm admiring the LG & Samsung new technology types of washer cum dryer... hence my other thread.

i am still hestitating & hearing your comment about short life span...er...

anyone bought the 2 in 1 & still happy after 3 years?

If there is a choice,go for a seperate washer and dryer.2-in-1 are better left alone unless no choice.Firstly,u are doing 2 things with 1 drum.2ndly,the washer and dryer motor are cramped in such a small pace,plus all the digital components all together.Even if u seldom use the dryer,it will give rise in complications later.And coupled with the long washing plus drying times taken for 2-in-1.(due to u need to dry 2 times for full load as 2-in-1 cannot dry full load due to not enogh space for drying)No no ..

In any case,dun b intrigued by those korean/jap brand silver nano technology.All hype and not scientifically proven.The lg direct drive is quite quiet though,but not enough reason to trust its other features and parts reliability.They give 10yr warranty for the motor(yes,only the motor) so that is quite funny as washers usually spoil due to suspensions and other parts.If u going for traditional asian top loaders they will do just fine,but if u going for front loaders,go for continental machines. The BEST OF THE BEST is MIELE!U will never regret a miele,german pure bred that last u 20yrs at least.They have a promotion now for a honeycomb washer and dryer($3888).U can check it out at most dept stores.Its a steal s I understand they used to sell a washer at least for $3k above.I knew it because my mum owns 1!

Hi Artois,

Try Electrolux, though not as high end as Miele.

Have it for past 5-years and my brother have it for past 10+ years.

My fridge Samsung side-by-side door for past 5-years and still loving it.

wow, i come to the right place.

i have 2 jap top loader (1 for mum, the other at brother's place) for about 10 years & no problems....

1st time comtemplating front load washer/dryer cos the yard is so small & knowing my mum - hanging clothes by tracking after the sunshine, best to have dryer.. .LOL!

Miele - think I can't afford above 3k

Electrolux - how much for both?

Ariston - same class as electrolux?

anybody know where to buy the Sharp water filter replacement huh? Luckily they gave additional 1, after 1 year, it's almost black color lol!

U can buy it at most electrical stores.try harvey norman or best denki.

Hi Artois,

I trust the set wouldn't cost you more than 1.5k as the washer cost will depend on the load size.

Better buy from Best Denki as they can extend the warranty period with a surchage.

wow, i come to the right place.

i have 2 jap top loader (1 for mum, the other at brother's place) for about 10 years & no problems....

1st time comtemplating front load washer/dryer cos the yard is so small & knowing my mum - hanging clothes by tracking after the sunshine, best to have dryer.. .LOL!

Miele - think I can't afford above 3k

Electrolux - how much for both?

Ariston - same class as electrolux?

Depend on ur budget allocation for both washer and dryer.If seperate dryer,u going for vented type or condenser.vented is when the hot air r vented out directly.plus points r cheaper and slightly faster.ideal when u place ur dryer outdoors.Minus points r clothes not as soft as condenser drying.if placed indoors the walls will b hot n room stuffy due to the hot air coming out.Condenser dryer r more ideal for indoor.Clothes r more soft due to more even airfow,hot air r condensed to water with the condensing unit below doing the job.minus points r most condenser dryers r at least $1k upwards whereas vented dryer few hundreds can buy already.

Foe washers,what made u looking for?China made or thai made r much cheaper.europe made more ex.The rpm(revolutions per min)?the faster the better so u save time and enery n cost on drying.Do take note:ITS NOT JUST THE BRAND,it depends on the models u purchased within the brand.For eg;Bosch has few europe made models that r not bad but it starts from $1.5k for the not bad made.But the lowe end of bosch,if u manage to see the parts,cannot make it.as they r made in thailand n flimsy parts.ELECTROLUX,THEY R NOT THE ELECTROLUX OF YESTERYEAR.They used to b made in Italy.Now all models r made in Thailand,due to theyacquired alot of companies in europe n now they r mass selling to gain market share,hence quality detiorates.ARISTON;Plus points r they r made in italy.But nobody buys them in europe due to poor workmanship.

All in,if u r not going to spend more than $3k for a pair of washer n dryer,I suggest u go for a reliable washer and a vented dryer.Cos in sunny sg,u dun use dryer often.N if ur washer choice has at least 1000rpm n above,it takes shorter time to dry.U dun have to buy the same brand for both as different brands can b stacked together.For eg; I just brought a friend to buy a miele w562 washer($1788) plus a bosch vented dryer($699). The total cost is only $2.4k with some discounts. U also can try pair german made bosch washer around$1.5k and vented bosch dryer $699.Or the better made electrolux$1.5k(but made in thai) with bosch dryer.I chose bosch dryer cos they r effectively valuefor $$ for the price.Not superbly made but can do. But I feel that the MIELEW562 washer is superb value $ for the washer as it is just $200 more than the top bosch n the quality is way ahead.

Ultimately it depends on ur needs too.I just hate handwashing my exp work clothings n woolen pants.I rather the gentle miele do the dreaded handwashing,albeit with a machine.Hope this helps..

thanks lapena & livesimply.

erm, settled for electrolux 8 kg washer (with 1000 rpm & choice of quick 30 program) & 7 kg dryer (vented) for $1.7k. not sure the manufacturing country though.

better deal than my earlier intended purchase of 2 in 1 korean brand that is about slightly more than 2k.

when I was at HN browsing, the salesperson suggested brandt washer (spain) 8 kg & dryer 8 kg too at package price $1999.....

thanks lapena & livesimply.

erm, settled for electrolux 8 kg washer (with 1000 rpm & choice of quick 30 program) & 7 kg dryer (vented) for $1.7k. not sure the manufacturing country though.

better deal than my earlier intended purchase of 2 in 1 korean brand that is about slightly more than 2k.

when I was at HN browsing, the salesperson suggested brandt washer (spain) 8 kg & dryer 8 kg too at package price $1999.....

Oh i think its a great deal for the price,since the washer is at least 1000rpm.should b made in thailand.But I think its a better built than brandt.Better reputation too.Congrats.

Hi Artois, I'm happy for you too.

Do check with HN if they are able to extend the warranty period with a minimal surcharge.