Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dotty

Brand Of Ur Washer

i did the unspeakable (no speak but write here..) thing, browse, shortlisted electrolux & brandt, asked quotes around & then finalise with

mega discount store.

didn't do the extended warranty though...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I bought a latest model top load washer - Hitachi BW-105JV from Best Denki at $949. It is a 10.5 kg washer, nano titanium with a 1000rpm spin dry. Came with a free rice cooker worth $149 too. Look for Ann at Best Denki Ngee Ann if u want a good discount.

Originally, we were keen to get Whirlpool. By accident, we gain knowledge in electrolux washer and eventually bought one. I must say I am very very satisfied. It is ultra quiet and produces very clean output. Jus that I thought it takes a **** long time. ~ 2 hrs per wash thru express mode can change to 30mins.

The 1000rpm mode is surprising quiet too.. I highly recommend electrolux.

I am targeting the HITACHI BD-105V2 BIG DRUM Front Load Washing Machine cum Dryer. It looks really nice and from paper the features are quite good too. I am not so sure about the performance of Japanese brand front loading washing machine. This model is directly imported from Japan so i guess the built quality should be excellent. Anyone currently using this model? mind to share some feedback?

HITACHI BD-105V2 BIG DRUM

wah, 2hr is a long time leh.....my Sharp only takes 1hr max....

Like I said,I'm n ot a big fan of either korean or jap washing machine.The reason y sharp wash faster is because generally jap top loader uses alot of water n detergent n they washes harshly,so faster. electrolux or eoropean front loader takes longer is because they use less water n detergent.wash more on mechanical action,thus gentler on clothes.It depends,if u got expensive or dekicates clothes,den jap or korean top loaders is a big no!Or in any case,the hitachi 2-in 1,even if jap made is still not gd.just based on the reason its a 2-in 1!use far more energy n a long drying time. btw jap never unto front load market!its the continental brands that have been there 100yrs.n hitachi,is never reputed for laundry washing at all.

I am targeting the HITACHI BD-105V2 BIG DRUM Front Load Washing Machine cum Dryer. It looks really nice and from paper the features are quite good too. I am not so sure about the performance of Japanese brand front loading washing machine. This model is directly imported from Japan so i guess the built quality should be excellent. Anyone currently using this model? mind to share some feedback?

HITACHI BD-105V2 BIG DRUM

From the reviews,I guess this model must cost more than $1.5k?i deduce that s its jap made.But pl do take note,panasonic use ti have a similar 2-in 1 made in jap too. They discontinued that model after less than 1 yr in the market.The reason is as gd as anybody guess.Dun be intrigued by the idea of having 2 functions in a machine.U r going to regret sooner than u expected.Serious,..

From the reviews,I guess this model must cost more than $1.5k?i deduce that s its jap made.But pl do take note,panasonic use ti have a similar 2-in 1 made in jap too. They discontinued that model after less than 1 yr in the market.The reason is as gd as anybody guess.Dun be intrigued by the idea of having 2 functions in a machine.U r going to regret sooner than u expected.Serious,..

Thanks for your feedback :)

Panasonic did not discontinue the model in the market. They just discontinued it in Singapore market maybe. The reason might not be due to poor performance or reliability issues but i believe mostly is due to less demand because of its premium price. Panasonic 2 in 1 washing machine is still a popular machine in Japan (They still name it under National brand there in Japan). Just got a feedback from fellow forumer vineyard that his Hitachi 2 in 1 still perform without problem after 1 year of almost daily washing.

Sometimes I think it is a bit unfair to write off Japanese brand front load washing machine for reasons like Japanese brand never into front load washing machine market. From what i know, Apple is not reputable for mobile phone at all 3 years back and now they have the ever popular i-phone. Texas Instruments just into the High Performance Analog market for around 4 years and now they are among the top 3 leaders in high performance analog market. So who to say that Japanese brand front load washing machine cannot be as good or even better than continental brands? :D

Thanks for your feedback :)

Panasonic did not discontinue the model in the market. They just discontinued it in Singapore market maybe. The reason might not be due to poor performance or reliability issues but i believe mostly is due to less demand because of its premium price. Panasonic 2 in 1 washing machine is still a popular machine in Japan (They still name it under National brand there in Japan). Just got a feedback from fellow forumer vineyard that his Hitachi 2 in 1 still perform without problem after 1 year of almost daily washing.

Sometimes I think it is a bit unfair to write off Japanese brand front load washing machine for reasons like Japanese brand never into front load washing machine market. From what i know, Apple is not reputable for mobile phone at all 3 years back and now they have the ever popular i-phone. Texas Instruments just into the High Performance Analog market for around 4 years and now they are among the top 3 leaders in high performance analog market. So who to say that Japanese brand front load washing machine cannot be as good or even better than continental brands? :D

No offence intended,just giving a very personal opinions as I used both types of washers,asian top loads n continentals,due to renting places here n there.I'm sure manny ppl have different preferences,whether 2-in-1 or top loaders or seperate washers,dryers.Hence so many variety in the market.My partner prefers thomson top-loader as it is small,but i hate the vibrations.I'm sure there r benefits in hitachi, or generally jap front loaders that consumers might like,so gd luck if u like them!

My opinions are based on personal use,materials inspection,general build n quality issues.The way a 2-in-1 r built,if u ve seen the motors of the dryer,n washer, so closely together in the machine,the mostly plastic parts,the suspensions,my observation(personally opinionated) is they r not a gd basis for a solid front load machines that cant handle gentle washing.Maybe the later batches will be better,i supposed.I just can't see the panasonics/hitachis, outperforming the siemens/electroluxes or the premium Mieles in the front load market!Not now at least.I still wish to add,I'm not an expert, nor knows how a machine is built,just offering a personal opinion.Inany case,hope whatever washer u buy will turn out to be a gd buy,n mayb next time when i change my washer,I will have extra opinions from users here who have used different types.

ami, congrats!

what model u chose?

Not sure the model but is the direct drive, 8kg washer and 4kg dryer one.

i am happy to post back here...

love my washer! & dryer too!

mesmerised by the clothes & the washing action. The quick wash 30 is for unsoiled clothes, probably those just worn for a while & those new clothes la.

my usual cycle of cotton clothes is about 58 mins (time save function on), which is super fine...

one stupid question though, how do you know the weight of our load of clothes? so tough, by "scooping" all the clothes with my arms, I make a very rough estimate.... haiz....

Hi artois,

Glad that you have also purchased the 1090. Well from what the manual mentioned, it did give a rough estimate for the weight of each type of cloth. Maybe you might want to refer to that.

Cheers.

Hi .. just wanna to get further feedback of Hitachi BW-105JV.

Well ... Interesting to know strong supporter of European brands like Miele.

Been a user of Jap brands for Years ... mom use to have a Hitachi that used like more than 5 to 6 years until we moved house.. it breaks down after a year. Than now a Toshiba Direct Drive Model (Made in Japan).

I do own a Toshiba that cost me 425... breaks down due to electronic after 4 years... but at type of price... and the location it made.. I think I cannot complain much.

Now looking at Top-load again but prefer those with Direct-Drive .. which Only Toshiba and Hitachi has it.

I have a look at Miele . Great brand .. but always found that they are overly priced. Yes Yes .. they can worked for 20 years but ... 3000... I could possible buy at least 3 units of Jap/Korean brand... And with such current crisis ... sometime even it can work for so many years .. the company could have closed down by then or brought over by other coy. Just a another school of tot ...

Initially wanna to get front-load but found majority has small pot-hole except the expensive Hitachi with 600mm pot hole. Else how to squeeze my curtain into the washer to wash?

:)

Currently using this 10kg model from Hitachi SF-100HJX for almost 2 months plus... so far so good.. tubsize quite wide.. queen size comforter can throw in no problem.. 1 time can wash 3 ikea square cushions.. come out clean clean..

But do find the washing time abit long esp if I on the airjet function... or maybe I am too impatient after a long day at work.. :rofl:

Hi .. just wanna to get further feedback of Hitachi BW-105JV.

Well I have been using this Hitachi model for about 6 weeks liao. So far no problems. Very easy to use and sure can wash a lot of clothes. Still trying to figure out if I use spin of 600 rpm vs 1000rpm, what is the main difference? Does the clothes get drier but more creasy?