Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tomasulu

I Absolutely Absolutely Hate Miele Appliances

In case you think it's an unfortunate case of a single bad purchase let me say I've 2 stovetops, an oven, a built-in coffee machine, a dish washer, a fridge and a couple of vacuum cleaners. All of which, except the stovetops and the vacuum machines, require at least a visit from the Miele technician. The fridge and the washer have had multiple visits. The washer was brought back to the workshop because the technicians can't fix it on premise. The stovetops work ok but the coating has began to peel off. The coffee machine performs a gazillion unnecessary tests - please fill fresh water, please empty drip tray,... - before allowing you to make a cuppa. Even though there is more than enough water left. And of course today the coffee machine breaks down because according to the error message - the drip tray contact is wet. We checked and the metal contact is rusted. Rusted! A metal piece on the drip tray that is constantly in contact with water! How can it rust in two years?? Don't get me started on the fridge. It has malfunctioned on an average of every six months.

Comparatively the teka exhaust hoods we bought at the same time have served us well. Miele has absolutely the worst qc and badly designed products. The sense of quality surrounding their products is just good marketing.

Edited by tomasulu

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It broke down once. Maybe twice, can't remember. I've used gaggenau and will choose it over Miele any day. Miele has very poor quality parts. I'm still shocked that the drip tray metal contact is rusted. The technician claimed that they're not designed for local conditions.

I am comparing gaggenau oven with miele.

There are many people bought gaggenau oven also face break down problem. Look like they are hard fight.