Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bashful

3Rm Resale Flat (Industrial Minimalist)

Wow! Someone hacked into your account?

I think so..... I checked under "My Content" and saw 4 postings not done by me... Scary... Hope that changing of password will help.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I think so..... I checked under "My Content" and saw 4 postings not done by me... Scary... Hope that changing of password will help.

This is so weird! Why would anyone want to do that? Hmm...

Now that you mentioned it, i think just last week or 2, a forumner made a few posts in his/her tblog and suddenly said that he/she has posted under a different account and he/she was perplexed by it.

Now that you mentioned it, i think just last week or 2, a forumner made a few posts in his/her tblog and suddenly said that he/she has posted under a different account and he/she was perplexed by it.

Hmm.. So maybe my account is not hacked. Probably the renotalk system is going haywired??And the one posting questions using my account may not realized he/she is using other people username.

Hmm.. So maybe my account is not hacked. Probably the renotalk system is going haywired??And the one posting questions using my account may not realized he/she is using other people username.

Yes. Possibly its this case. That person has made 2 consecutive postings under your nickname. The 3rd post he/she posted, he/she managed to use back his/her userid.

Yes. Possibly its this case. That person has made 2 consecutive postings under your nickname. The 3rd post he/she posted, he/she managed to use back his/her userid.

Looks like the only thing I can do is pray and hope that the next "Bashful" will not be posting weird stuff on my behalf. Haha..

hi there.. i was the one who posted under bashful's account. I am not sure why mine got auto logged in with his account. Cos i just signed in using the remember by ID function... so whenever i go on the forum i actually did not check which account it signed in to... that was why i was shocked ...when it showed up as bashful when i posted my comments. i did not hacked into the account.

hi there.. i was the one who posted under bashful's account. I am not sure why mine got auto logged in with his account. Cos i just signed in using the remember by ID function... so whenever i go on the forum i actually did not check which account it signed in to... that was why i was shocked ...when it showed up as bashful when i posted my comments. i did not hacked into the account.

Greetings bianzi! So it was you... Hahahaha.. Well, at least now we know there is a flaw in the system. :wacko:

maybe a victim of heartbleed ? :dunno::jawdrop:

http://heartbleed.com/

Hmm.. Whatever it is, I am quite sure there must be other forumers having the same issue. Probably one day I may also find myself login as other user. :rofl:

Greetings bianzi! So it was you... Hahahaha.. Well, at least now we know there is a flaw in the system. :wacko:

Hmm.. Whatever it is, I am quite sure there must be other forumers having the same issue. Probably one day I may also find myself login as other user. :rofl:

Did u change the initial password that was given to u before?

Did u change the initial password that was given to u before?

Yes I did. And I changed the password again this time thinking my account was hacked. :huh:

Received the final bill from Alan today. Final amount is $43,350. Phew~ The amount is not very far from the initial quote I have.

In fact, I have only make the initial payment of $20K about the time when the hacking was done. After that he did not collect any money from me until today. Haha..

He kept telling me if there is anymore rectification needed in future, just give him a call. He will send his people down. Nice contractor!

My conclusion about Alan (Aian Furniture and Renovation Contractor):
If you ask me will I engaged Alan again to do renovation in future if I buy a house again, my answer will be yes. As I mentioned before, I do not have any problem working with him. I just need to give him a simple description and he will usually know what I want. He will also provide advices on things which I cannot decide or is unsure of. He will tell me the pros and cons and let me make the decision. Sometimes he will also based on his past clients' renovation experiences and tell me what he thinks is best. Price wise, I think his quote is reasonable, except his aircon quote is on the high side. Haha! I find my own aircon contractors. They are Aron Putt and Ah Boon (quite famous in renotalk too). BTW, their aircon installation service is great and trunking are neatly run. Very recommended too! Alan will tell me when should I get my aircon contractor to run aircon piping/trunking and when to do final installation of the aircons. So no issue here. :)

I am really glad that my renovation journey is smooth sailing from the beginning till the end. I really enjoyed the whole renovation process and the excitement every time I opened the door to check on the progress. And I am really really really very glad that my simple design turns out ok. Hahaha! After all, I am not a pro ID. :P

Edited by Bashful