Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
myzticalz

*meow Residence* 4 Room: Where The Sun Rises

Pardon me, if you plan the kitchen layout this way, it kinda make no sense. I presume the red box represent the fridge.

Fridge will look isolated and stand alone.

Then the table top 3600 - L shape side - hob 750mm - sink 800mm, you are left with 1500mm or lesser.

1500mm divide into 3 for the space between hob, sink and the L shape and you are left with miserable space.

So unless you intend to keep the rice cooker, coffee maker, microwave etc everytime you use them, else you are left with no space to prepare your food.

Also bottom cabinet only may save cost but you will run into storage space issues. Dont underestimate house hold appliances size needs.

Coffee machine, woks, pans, steamer, toaster, blender, juicer, toaster, steamboat and the list goes on.

Very soon you will find space running out and will turn to bomb shelter.

Just my 2 cents.

Getting those small 2 burners hood, hopefully can squeeze in. Oh, it will be top and bottom (yikes, I forgot to draw a top up) :) Agree that space will be very constraint but I hope I can make do!

To put the wardrobe in the room, you have to sacrifice the walking space a little.Do a full length along the 4445mm wall.

When ending near the windows, do a open quarter circle shelving so it will not block the windows visually.

Or you can have a dressing table/top over that corner.

Place the bed facing the wardrobe, when lay down, feet facing the doors of wardrobe.

Use only sliding doors, choose a bed frame without side protruding edges, especially where the feet are.

Base on estimation, 3000 - 600 wardrobe depth - 2000mm bed frame, plus minus may still have about 300mm of walking space.

Anyway if MBR purely for sleeping, then should be enough. Else you have to sacrifice another room's wardrobe for personal use if design otherwise.

300mm of walking space is really too tight. Being the careless me, I'll confirm knock into either 1) the wardrobe or 2) the bed frame. Am sacrificing another room to use just mainly for wardrobe till I finally figure out (one day, perhaps) how to make things right :) Oh, am looking at pole system kind of wardrobe, looks very interesting and make full use of spaces.

i think it's interesting how you are choosing to do an L-shaped kitchen instead of the typical galley or "two row" kitchen that most of us BTO owners go for! any reason why you chose to do L-shape?

FS reasons :) Am hacking away the excess wall (at the kitchen entrance) too~

Congrats.

Update us who is it ...

Back to square 1 again :'(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Getting those small 2 burners hood, hopefully can squeeze in. Oh, it will be top and bottom (yikes, I forgot to draw a top up) :) Agree that space will be very constraint but I hope I can make do!

300mm of walking space is really too tight. Being the careless me, I'll confirm knock into either 1) the wardrobe or 2) the bed frame. Am sacrificing another room to use just mainly for wardrobe till I finally figure out (one day, perhaps) how to make things right :) Oh, am looking at pole system kind of wardrobe, looks very interesting and make full use of spaces.

2 burner type ranges from 300mm to 860mm. 300mm feel a little too small, suitable for those studio, maybe a 600mm may suit your needs.

But this will restrict the range you can get though. Good to know there is top cabinet. :good:

300mm walking space is no doubt narrow but depends on needs. If purely for sleeping only, then it is worth the inconvenience.

Afterall, not a constant used passage way. Am doing similar way in order to keep the rooms intact and maximize wardrobe space.

Tough choice, not easy on planning.

My comments from some quick reading.

1. Lights definitely overkill in living room. 3 banks of 3 max (maybe even banks of 2 depending on what downlight you're using)

2. A very small L like what you're having will look not quite right. I suggest making do with just both top, bottom cabinets on the sink wall.

If u really need more storage then, make use of the wall beside the bomb shelter.

EDIT: ok you doing it for FS reason. But what my ID will say that this will make the kitchen look "wrong".

Edited by lala81

hi Myzticalz!!!! fellow AH neighbor here!!!! I love your DIY brick wall idea, can't wait to see how it turns out.

BTW, can you share your ID/contractor contact with us? our key coll date is for next week and we have yet to source!

On a rather tight budget too :help:

Hello!

Have been lurking around for the past 2-3 years and finally, my flat is here. Okay, the Mister and I like cats (& dogs) AND .....

Just in case you do not know, just want to point out that cats are not allowed in HDB flats.

Flat owners are not allowed to keep cats in HDB flats, as it is generally difficult to confine cats within the flat premises. Nuisance caused by cats such as shedding of their fur, defecating/urinating in public areas or even the caterwauling sounds that they make can cause a lot of disturbance, which affects the environment and disrupts neighbourliness in our housing estates.

Just in case you do not know, just want to point out that cats are not allowed in HDB flats.

People still have them anyways.

During house hunting, one of the units I viewed had a neighbour with at least 4 cats. The door was ajar and 2 cats were sitting in the doorway staring at me, 1 in the background jumping up to the neighbour's dining table. 1 was on the sofa. No idea if there were more inside the house. :D

2 burner type ranges from 300mm to 860mm. 300mm feel a little too small, suitable for those studio, maybe a 600mm may suit your needs.

But this will restrict the range you can get though. Good to know there is top cabinet. :good:

300mm walking space is no doubt narrow but depends on needs. If purely for sleeping only, then it is worth the inconvenience.

Afterall, not a constant used passage way. Am doing similar way in order to keep the rooms intact and maximize wardrobe space.

Tough choice, not easy on planning.

Oh, I'm aiming 300mm kind, likely those 500mm by 300mm type of small small. Yup, tough choices but still maintaining a positive outlook :)

People still have them anyways.

During house hunting, one of the units I viewed had a neighbour with at least 4 cats. The door was ajar and 2 cats were sitting in the doorway staring at me, 1 in the background jumping up to the neighbour's dining table. 1 was on the sofa. No idea if there were more inside the house. :D

Heee, I know a lot people have cats. But they really cannot be enclosed :(

Yup, we like them but we can't have them. On the other hand, I''m adopting a poodle who is given away and my spitz to my new house :)

hi Myzticalz!!!! fellow AH neighbor here!!!! I love your DIY brick wall idea, can't wait to see how it turns out.

BTW, can you share your ID/contractor contact with us? our key coll date is for next week and we have yet to source!

On a rather tight budget too :help:

Try Renzz, like not bad leh :) Or contractor?

My comments from some quick reading.

1. Lights definitely overkill in living room. 3 banks of 3 max (maybe even banks of 2 depending on what downlight you're using)

2. A very small L like what you're having will look not quite right. I suggest making do with just both top, bottom cabinets on the sink wall.

If u really need more storage then, make use of the wall beside the bomb shelter.

EDIT: ok you doing it for FS reason. But what my ID will say that this will make the kitchen look "wrong".

Someone told me false ceilings with lights only look ugly so I'm thinking maybe two stripes of cove lights and 3 downlights at each other side. :) point noted on making use of that space near bomb shelter, time to buy a small ikea table to put there :)

Edited by myzticalz

Someone told me false ceilings with lights only look ugly so I'm thinking maybe two stripes of cove lights and 3 downlights at each other side. :) point noted on making use of that space near bomb shelter, time to buy a small ikea table to put there :)

So u mean you're making a light box?

my living room ceiling only have downlights and a dining table hanging light. I don't think it's ugly. Can see my blog.

Practically speaking, I'm anti-cove lights cos of dust/insect accumulation. BTO areas are bloody dusty...

btw very likely your living room will come with standard 1 lighting point above the door entrance. 1 x 2-way lighting point only. Kitchen will only have 1 lighting point, service yard 1 lighting point.

Oh, I'm aiming 300mm kind, likely those 500mm by 300mm type of small small. Yup, tough choices but still maintaining a positive outlook :)

Feels a tad to small but if seldom cook, can be an option.

Anyway, one can always adapt to it. :good:

Feels a tad to small but if seldom cook, can be an option.

Anyway, one can always adapt to it. :good:

Yeah, have no choice then. Hahahas, I'm looking at Bosch, Tecno, Ariston or Rinnai. Hopefully I can settle for something classy and reliable.

Hey!! We aee having the same ID right? ;)

Hello SuperMama, thanks for intro ;) Most likely but I still need to confirm some more details. Looking for ID/contractors is a chore! :D Hope my renovation starts soon.

So u mean you're making a light box?

my living room ceiling only have downlights and a dining table hanging light. I don't think it's ugly. Can see my blog.

Practically speaking, I'm anti-cove lights cos of dust/insect accumulation. BTO areas are bloody dusty...

btw very likely your living room will come with standard 1 lighting point above the door entrance. 1 x 2-way lighting point only. Kitchen will only have 1 lighting point, service yard 1 lighting point.

Yup! Light box :) I saw your renoblog, <3 it. it was exactly what I told the contractor. Young chap, do not know how to say nice things :no::P

I'm also very afraid of the insects accumulation. Still undecided yet >.<

Sorry for the Hiatus, been busy at work and lazy for renovations. :P

Popped over to Gain City expo over the weekend and bought the following stuff for my meow home.

Things for Meow Home

1. Air-conditioner (Sharp, System 3)

gallery_34428_315_5951.jpg

More details: https://sharp.com.sg/web/products/prodDetail.asp?prodId=555

2. Television (Philips, Ultra Slim Smart LED TV, 46")

gallery_34428_315_9766.jpg

More details: http://www.philips.com.sg/c/televisions/4000-series-ultra-slim-smart-led-tv-with-digital-crystal-clear-46pfl4208d_98/prd/?t=specifications

3. Fridge (Mitsubishi, 3 Door, 3 ticks :(, Pure White)

gallery_34428_315_10788.jpg

More details: http://www.courts.com.sg/Products/PID-IP076234(Courts)/Home-Appliances/Refrigerators/2-to-3-doors/MITSUBISHI-3-DR-FRIDGE-430-L-MRV45EPWHP-PURE-WHITE (can't find in Gain City website)

I like things white so my fridge is white and I'm lovin' it but Mister was quite annoyed that it's only 3 ticks (I bought it without him around =X).

Lesson learnt - always follow instructions, if Mister says to buy 4 ticks eco friendly stuff, must really buy the 4 ticks one!

Does 3 or 4 ticks really make a difference anyway?

4) The Design Store Sofa Bed

15wlz03.jpg

Saw this sofa bed at The Design Store by Lifestorey (It's at Tai Seng!) and thought it looks super chic, price is on a high side ($999). Mister has never given any approval for ikea's sofa bed but immediately said yes upon seeing this so I guess this is a must buy piece then!

The Design Store has a lot of really nice furniture pieces around (see the name already so cool also!) so do pop by to see if there're anything that is suitable for your home (http://www.lifestorey.com/catalogue/Seatings-T12.html?ST=2)

Edited by myzticalz

Read about your concern of the cost involve in another thread.

If you have doubts, raise it here and share with us. We may give a pointer or two.

Just remember one thing, in biz, all have no qualms about taking your money.

So make a calculated choice, else move on.

Read about your concern of the cost involve in another thread.

If you have doubts, raise it here and share with us. We may give a pointer or two.

Just remember one thing, in biz, all have no qualms about taking your money.

So make a calculated choice, else move on.

Hi OceanEleven,

Thanks. Decided against using the ID/contractor and seek to do my renovation ala carte style since prices are way too high (i don't mind if they earn x1/x2, but x3 is crazy).

I've gotten my own electrician, false ceiling guy, carpenter, tiler and hacker to do stuff I want.