Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrslee07

Mr And Mrs Lee's Happy Home In The Making...

Hi Mrs Lee

Do you have the contact number of Project Electrical shop in Johor?

Do you mind to share?

Thanks

Dennis

Some updates again. Someone asked for our floor plan, so here it is.

HBDpNfs.jpg?1

Hubby and I headed to JB yesterday for a day trip to check out some of the recommended lighting shops mentioned by other kind forummers. So we went to Tampo Lighting Centre first to check out downlights. Indeed they have very cheap downlights at RM45-48 (4inch, 12W, 3colour LED square downlights). Their T5 lights which we needed to get for cove lighting also seemed quite cheap at RM15-18 depending on the length. Unfortunately, the initial model of downlights which we wanted to get at Tampoi was out of stock and we were told to come back again over the weekend. So we decided to just get the T5 lights from them first.

We then went next door to check out Star World Lighting... they were selling some made-in-malaysia downlights for RM42 which we initially were keen to get. However, upon closer inspection I realised that the quality was really lousy! The downlights had painted exteriors (white colour) and the paint job was horrible. So it was a no-go. We felt bad because we decided not to proceed with the purchase after inspecting some 10 downlights one by one... so decided to buy some squarish ceiling lights for service yard/toilets/bomb shelter from them. Quite cheap at RM58-68 per light so we decided to buy it.

We then checked out Yako Lighting Centre but their downlights were so expensive! RM68... and made in china type. So we left and went to check out Best Light Electrical. However, on the way there we got lost and just couldn't seem to locate the shop lot on GPS... in the end we stumbled upon another small light shop Project Electricial at 65 & 67 Jalan Rosmerah 2/2 Taman Johor Jaya, 81100 Johor Bahru

This place was such a wonderful discovery for us! The lady boss Ms Leena Chen is a really warm and friendly lady, with absolutely no hard selling. Her downlights (same as the ones sold at Tampoi) were offered the cheapest at RM38 per downlight. Her T5 lights were also selling slightly cheaper... but too bad hubby and I already bought from Tampoi. They have a nice variety of ceiling and pendant lights too and more designs to come... i couldn't make up my mind about which pendant light i liked (for dining area) so didn't commit to a purchase. Ms Leena told me not to rush into it if I have yet to spot 'THE ONE' and will whatsapp me new designs when they arrive.

This is the downlight which we bought. Really happy with it - and at such a price, it's too good a deal to pass up on.

vx6Q9hK.jpg?1

Initially hubby and I were thinking if the price difference isn't a lot in JB and Singapore, we will just buy in Singapore... but this is easily more than 50% in cost savings... so we decided to just do it! It's made in taiwan... which is similar to many downlights sold in Singapore too. So hubby and I decided to take the leap of faith and buy it. Ms Leena also gave us 1year warranty on all the downlights.

We strongly recommend this small shop to people who are considering heading to JB for lights-shopping!

If you are keen to buy better brands (but only 1 light colour, not 3 colour option) like Samsung and LG, this shop sells them too. So do check them out in JB for your lighting needs!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Mrs Lee

Do you have the contact number of Project Electrical shop in Johor?

Do you mind to share?

Thanks

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

My wife did mention in the same thread.

Project Electricial at 65 & 67 Jalan Rosmerah 2/2 Taman Johor Jaya, 81100 Johor Bahru

Hi Mr Lee

Thank you for the address.

I need the phone number of the shop too as I need to call them first.

Thanks

Hi Dennis,

My wife did mention in the same thread.

Project Electricial at 65 & 67 Jalan Rosmerah 2/2 Taman Johor Jaya, 81100 Johor Bahru

Hi all, we have a brand new Samsung TV to sell away if anyone's keen... reason being, my mum blessed us with another tv for house warming gift.... so now we have 2 on our hands!

Brand New in Box, Samsung SMART 3D LED TV, 55F7100. This is a medium-high end model of SMART TVs by Samsung. Bought it at $2999, selling now at $2.3k (negotiable further for serious buyers). If you see this model in Best Denki/Harvey Norman/Courts, it's selling way above this special price from us. Drop me a PM if you are keen please, thanks... first come first served.

Nobody keen on this Tv? price is negotiable. :)

http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/led-tv/UA55F7100AKXXS

Edited by mrlee08

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the hiatus on reno update.... been really busy busy...

So as of 11th June, we have commenced our renovation works officially! Aircon trunking is done, kitchen bases, service yard base for washer, shower kerb for both toilets all done! On tiling, our Master bedroom toilet tiles are all nicely doned up as well as our craft stone brick wall! Well, almost... just missing a few more tiles and we should be complete with the tiling works by today/tomorrow. Yippeee yayy! So far it's been going well, and we are happy with how our tiles turned out as well as the workmanship of the tilers.

This week, electrical wiring works and false ceiling will be completed as well according to our ID.

We also finalised on our carpentry layout and dimensions, as well as laminates. So i suppose the next 2 weeks will be carpentry fabricating time as well.

Wanted to share pics but somehow i'm having some problems transferring the pics from hp to pc.... so give me some time yea.

• Like 1

erm... just a quick update... its now a 2 week break while we wait for carpentry to be installed.

installation of fixtures/lights should be in next week... hoping our tb goods will be in on time for this. :)

Thus far 2 coats of paint up, gas pipe linked, false ceiling up, wires all ready too.

haha pictures gotta wait a bit :)

All has been well for our reno until today..... **** hits the fan.

Gain City came back for the 2nd trip to install up the aircon units after the previous trip where they did up the aircon trunking. Bad news all around!

We did tiles overlay in our MBR toilet, and they said that our tilers concealed all the openings to the aircon drainage piping when they did the overlay and so they had to do alot of work to get the drainage pipes done up again and likely will ruin some of the tiles. They were reluctant to do that, and said that no proper instructions was communicated to them by our ID when he briefly popped by during the aircon trunking trip. So miscomm #1.

Also, for our living area aircon unit, the allowance given by the false ceiling was not wide enough for the aircon to be installed. Gave my ID the exact measurements of the aircon and they didn't even buffer 1-2 inch of allowance, hence not enough space. So gaincity could not finish the installation today of the living area aircon unit until the false ceiling space is rectified. Therefore we need to incur cost to get them to come back for a 3rd trip to install this aircon unit!!! Another case of one's word against another. ID claimed that Gain City didn't draw the right dimensions of allowance needed, and when asked during aircon trunking trip, Gain city just said to follow the exact length of the wall beam will. So miscomm #2

So got our ID to speak with the Gain city aircon guys and it led to an extremely heated argument.... ID was extremely pissed with Gain City because his stand is that Gain City needs to complete the aircon installation and they can't charge us extra for a 3rd trip since their job is to finish the installation. And ID also claimed that proper instructions were given to Gain City about the drainage piping requirements in MBR toilet but Gain City didn't do it (a case of his words versus theirs since we were not around to witness this convo).... it was just bad la. Our ID was so aggitated that he even used vulgarities on the aircon fella from Gain City... i thought that was really uncalled for by the way.

Conclusion: ID said he will get his own aircon contacts to solve the aircon drainage piping problem and will get his workers tomorrow to cut abit off the false ceiling for the living area aircon unit to be installed after that. Gain City will come back again tomorrow to install the living area unit... for a cost.

Simply an unpleasant encounter. Who's right who's wrong? What would you guys do? Sigh. Just simply irritated with this mess.

Another problem - hubby and I took leave tomorrow as we are doing our overlaying of vinyl floor tiles for bedrooms... and guess what, when we asked the salesman (our contact) for the timing his men will reach our place tomorrow... he told us that he had missed out our appointment is tomorrow and there are no available workers who can work on our place tomorrow!!! Freakin pissed off la! So much planning for nothing! And now I have to plan for another day and rework my work schedule to accomodate this. I honestly hope this is the end of the nonsense from renovation!!

Our experience with gc was similar. They just love to push blame and we consumers being the noob have to pay and pay. Our contractor said the trunking was not what what was agreed previously and we now have crap trunking.

Aircon installation is 1 item during the reno that I will always want to be physically onsite. That's when the route planning is being discussed/done for the aircon piping. Same goes even when the fancoil unit is being installed. Different people interpret differently and have their own preferences on how it should be done. At the end of the day, the one using the aircon is the homeowner and we wouldn't want problems down the road. Whether it's redoing the piping during or post-reno, both are potentially destructive and time consuming jobs. So in your case, it's hard to side with 1 party because you will never know the actual exchange that had occurred.

However, I have used GC before and I don't like their sales people attitude although the workmanship was decent back then. Well, they aren't the only shop selling aircons in SG so good riddance to them.

All has been well for our reno until today..... **** hits the fan.

Take it easy and be cool about it. Keep calling GC to confirm and double confirm and pester.

Guess deposit paid and no refund for now.

My case, I am literally hit by **** and unable to install my compressors...... :curse:

Take it easy and be cool about it. Keep calling GC to confirm and double confirm and pester.

Guess deposit paid and no refund for now.

My case, I am literally hit by **** and unable to install my compressors...... :curse:

Thanks OceanEleven.... and hope your aircon problem also gets resolved soon.

I guess for our case, I wouldn't classify it as a issue from GC... because we really don't know who's speaking the truth here (ID or GC) so I'm not going to be so quick to say GC is at fault here.

In other news, GC came back yesterday to install the living area aircon unit after our ID got his tilers to make the adjustment of the false ceiling so that the aircon unit can fit into the space. GC also then offered to solve the problem of the drainage pipe problem which we were more than happy for them to do because it's probably best that we leave all the aircon issues to them to resolve. So wala!! Aircon units all tested and all working fine.... Boy, are we glad that the aircon nightmare is over!

But, we realised another issue.... we intend to build a feature wall to cover bomb shelter.... but after the aircon unit in living room is installed, we realised that there is now no more extra space between the aircon unit in living room and the wall of bomb shelter. It is fitted snugly into that space above the walkway area. Our ID failed to take that into consideration and did not inform GC or highlight to us about the need to buffer space there to build the feature wall.

So... we'll see how our ID get out of this one and resolve this when we meet on Saturday to discuss installation of lights and bathroom accessories. Really not very pleased with the way our ID is handling our reno at this stage... and progress is still so slow!

Arggghhhh.

• Like 1