Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrslee07

Mr And Mrs Lee's Happy Home In The Making...

pwALpeQ.jpg

I also wanted to share this pic - a fabricated trouser rack by our carpenter. Hubby searched high and low all over Singapore and could not find the proper measurements required... in the end our carpenter came up with a solution to fabricate it from scratch. The result is very pleasing to us, especially for the hubby because this is his item in the walk-in wardrobe and the MBR wardrobe. thumbs up!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

UPDATES:

Sorry for the long hiatus guys.... i guess i'm not keeping up with the tblog as frequently as i had wanted. We took many pictures but it's quite a chore to download them from phone to hosting site so i will probably share pics of the completed house in future. Really not much time to do these things here I'm afraid.

Anyway, for people who are (still) keen to know about our progress....

We're at 80% completion of our reno. This means only minor carpentry touch-ups, another coat of paint for touching up, glass backsplash for kitchen and customised mirror for dining area and master bedroom dresser are pending. After these are done, we should be looking at the handover soon! How time flies...

So far we've been really pleased with the carpentry works too... it's really nice to see a few of our ideas come nicely into fruition. There's been some minor works to be improved here and there but our carpenter and reno supervisor are usually very quick to oblige. This gives me some comfort, at least their standard of quality is aligned with mine so far!

Congrats for a smooth renovation.

Mine will start in Sept after my wedding and looking forward to you barrage of photos update very soon.

:)

The house really looks great :good:

Really heart those bathroom wall tiles.

Great suggestion from your ID on the trouser hanger

Last but not least, when gg to invite us to view the place ? :P

Hi guys,

Latest update - we have completed our renovation and are now in the stage of cleaning up the place and getting furniture in!

Hopefully we will be able to move in completely by end of Sept!

We are facing a headache now though... we did vinyl flooring and now the flooring is having all these white patches of not sure what. It looks like dust from reno works... how did you guys manage to clean up your vinyl flooring properly after renovation is done?
We employed a cleaning company to clean our house for us but looks like the vinyl flooring is still facing these white patches. Our ID claim that it's just dust from reno works and take a few more cleaning before it can be completely removed.

Thoughts and help anyone??

jXevvPJ.jpg

RMKB0EK.jpg

thanks... but not sure why my ID did general cleaning twice and also an external cleaning company came to clean our place, this white marks still remain all over the vinyl flooring... Zzzz

Hi, u may want to try using good quality microfiber cloth for cleaning as they are good for trapping dust and dirt. I use it to wipe my homo tiles after HDB's toilet upgrading n my tiles dust n dust stain came off. Can pm me if u need contact to get at a good price :)

Edited by MrWhiteKnight

Bar counter area. Hubby and I really wanted a bar counter for our first home so this area which usually people use it as a dining area was converted to the bar counter area. Our dining area now will be the 'study area' which will be directly behind our sofa. Hubby loves this NYC wallpaper, which we took a long time to search for a deliberate over... looks great when the track light shines at it. Yippee!

mVhmQ0v.jpg

Brick wall with black tinted mirror for dining area. Loving the dining lights! The black white white stripes wall is the bombshelter cover-up...

u2cAp1x.jpg

Our walk-in-wardrobe in Bedroom 2, next to Master bedroom. We did not hack down any walls so to enter the WIW will require us to enter the room as it is.

Notice there is a small area left behind the walk-in-wardrobe, that area will be converted to a little play area for the hubby's gaming time on his PS4.

vgSmaPd.jpg

Another view of the walk-in-wardrobe. It's like a U-shaped WIW.

eYT0Vac.jpg

Our dining set, coffee table, and sofa have since been delivered and placed in the house. And immediately the spacious feel of the house becomes history! With and without furniture really makes a lot of difference...

This Saturday, the curtains & blinds will be installed... washer, dryer, fridge and wine chiller will be delivered... storage bed and mattress for MBR will be delivered. After this, our house will look more or less complete... and then it will be time for the actual moving-in!! Time really flies!

Hi Mrs Lee, you have some a lovely home. I love black&white theme, simple yet classy.

Can you PM me your ID quotation and whether it is inclusive of the flooring and tiles pricing?

Thanks! :) Cant wait to see the end result!

Congrats on the completed Reno.

Hope to see the pictures when all your furnishing is in.

For the white thing on Vinyl, it may be paint residue (Doubt so) and if it is you may need Turpentine and wet cloth to clear it.