Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adamteo

2Nd Home Bto @ Segar Vale

Even though this is my 2nd BTO and 2nd renovation. There is always something to learn. Learnt a lot from the seniors in these forums and guess it is time to pay it forward.

Keys collection was on 11 Mar 2014. Started sourcing around for reno id/contractors since Dec 2013. Practically emailed to nearly most of the recommended reno id/contractors within renotalk.

Totally swarmed by quotes and emails and calls. Ended up it is about our budget. It is not exactly going for the cheapest per se but with one whom we can talk to and relate to.

Here is the floorplan as per usual. 5 room BTO.

segarvalelayout_zps971c5f4a.jpg

More updates in a bit.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Over the 2 months since Dec 2013 to Feb 2014, think we met up with more than 15 reno id/contractors. Most of them tried to push their standard package and design which we were not keen.

We had our ideas as to what we want, there was no theme...just practicality, some fengshui criteria and utilizing every bit of space for storage. As we did not take the standard tiles, doors, etc. Our quotes based on our requirements or the ID' ideas range from $28k to $55k !!!

We ended up signing with the first reno ID whom we met and intro-ed by a fren as we felt we can "connect" with him and felt comfortable with. Even my kid loved him. When a small kid likes a person, it shows a lot. :good:

Will arrange my 3D pics and be posting soon. :thumbs up:

yah man, i talked to more than 20 different IDs, contractors, designers before deciding. it is important that the working relationship is good, else will cause a lot of stress.

have a good reno experience

Good that u hv chosen your ID. That is really a tiring process! :)

Over the 2 months since Dec 2013 to Feb 2014, think we met up with more than 15 reno id/contractors. Most of them tried to push their standard package and design which we were not keen.

We had our ideas as to what we want, there was no theme...just practicality, some fengshui criteria and utilizing every bit of space for storage. As we did not take the standard tiles, doors, etc. Our quotes based on our requirements or the ID' ideas range from $28k to $55k !!!

We ended up signing with the first reno ID whom we met and intro-ed by a fren as we felt we can "connect" with him and felt comfortable with. Even my kid loved him. When a small kid likes a person, it shows a lot. :good:

Will arrange my 3D pics and be posting soon. :thumbs up:

Our reno officially started on 14 Mar. As of today when we checked. All the tiles are done, pulling of lighting cables more or less done. Kitchen water pipes/gas pipes, base all done. Service yard tiles settled. Will post some pics when back home tonight. :thumbs up:

Foyer area (imagine the altar flipped and facing the door)

IMG-20140119-WA0003_zpsebfe0bd7.jpg

Living Area (a lot of amendments here)

IMG-20140119-WA0000_zpsfc438901.jpg

Master Bedroom (Mostly ok)

IMG-20140119-WA0002_zps4c79b004.jpg

My boy's room

IMG-20140119-WA0004_zps4281023d.jpg

Kitchen (Slight additions)

IMG-20140119-WA0005_zps516eeb40.jpg

Pink kitchen - I like!!! How did you convince the hubby?

Hi Makanology, I am the hubby and was the one whom suggested...haha...more of maroon.

• Like 1

Perhaps U like to consider choosing maroon for kitchen cabinets coz my sis had this colour and it made the kitchen very dark during the day where we dont turn on the lights. She kinda regret not choosing lighter colours.

Edited by Stralph

Hi Makanology, I am the hubby and was the one whom suggested...haha...more of maroon.

Hahaha

I remember 1 forumer say this before :

Making the wife happy is a happy husband ~

Perhaps U like to consider choosing maroon for kitchen cabinets coz my sis had this colour and it made the kitchen very dark during the day where we dont turn on the lights. She kinda regret not choosing lighter colours.

It is more for fengshui reasons. :)

Did cabling for my place to take advantage of the already ran cat6 phone cables. :)

10153079_10152189194689130_454807176_n_z

Busy day today. Lights and flooring all done up.

PhotoGrid_1396429173231_zps0e47b237.jpg