Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi,

May i know where did you buy multi-point heater and how much was it? Did your contractor install it for you?

I am also considering C600 because storage tank does look ugly and bulky.

Thanks.

I got it at Chelsea Lighting, same place I bought my fans. it's $280. installation is additional $100 and is covered under warranty. my contractor was not familiar with multi point heaters so I left installation to the heater vendor. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Your multi-point electric instant heater is interesting. Is it left switched on all the time? If not, where is the switch located?

Your multi-point electric instant heater is interesting. Is it left switched on all the time? If not, where is the switch located?

nope it's not switched on all the time. the switch is outside the common bathroom, same as the switch of a storage heater. i got the electricians to help remove the extra heater switch that was outside the MBR bathroom since it's now useless.

it's kinda combines the best of both instant and storage heaters -- "instant" hot water (takes about 15 seconds actually, water needs to travel through the pipes), and just one heater supplying hot water using the HDB concealed piping to the two showers + two bathroom mixer taps like a storage heater.

nope it's not switched on all the time. the switch is outside the common bathroom, same as the switch of a storage heater. i got the electricians to help remove the extra heater switch that was outside the MBR bathroom since it's now useless.

it's kinda combines the best of both instant and storage heaters -- "instant" hot water (takes about 15 seconds actually, water needs to travel through the pipes), and just one heater supplying hot water using the HDB concealed piping to the two showers + two bathroom mixer taps like a storage heater.

HDB now lays dual concealed pipes (one hot, one cold) to the shower and basin area? Nice.

mr k whatsapped me this morning with the following surprise. my carpentry drawings are done! no fancy 3D but still super exciteddd.

13932766890_3aa041418a.jpg

13932653449_d3c96f3745.jpg

13932631807_b7fd3ce43f.jpg

:dancingqueen: can't wait!!

Edited by lemoncandy

• Like 2

Exciting progress Lemoncandy! Is it ok to have the kitchen sink near to the cooker? I am thinking of something similar so I want to ensure if it is safe.

And about your fans, Mr K's guys did not install them for you? So I assumed Mr K is not charging you then?

Exciting progress Lemoncandy! Is it ok to have the kitchen sink near to the cooker? I am thinking of something similar so I want to ensure if it is safe.

And about your fans, Mr K's guys did not install them for you? So I assumed Mr K is not charging you then?

i think it's recommended to have at least 40cm of space between the sink and cooker for you to put down pans/pots for practicality's sake. Otherwise, i don't think safety is an issue, but do check with the professionals on this. :)

my fans are not installed by mr k's guys so he's not charging for installation :)

I can understand your excitement upon receiving the carpentry drawings! :) btw, I think carpenter drawings are v nice n fast

mr k whatsapped me this morning with the following surprise. my carpentry drawings are done! no fancy 3D but still super exciteddd.

13932766890_3aa041418a.jpg

13932653449_d3c96f3745.jpg

13932631807_b7fd3ce43f.jpg

:dancingqueen: can't wait!!

Nice carpentry design! My wardrobe very simple design....

I can understand your excitement upon receiving the carpentry drawings! :) btw, I think carpenter drawings are v nice n fast

yes the turnaround is quite fast! can't wait for the carpentry installation to happen.. it's when the house will finally look like it's near completion. read from hojicha's blog that you've been renovating since oct?? that's loooong. are you finally near the end yet? haha.

Nice carpentry design! My wardrobe very simple design....

thanks! :) got my ideas off google haha. my husband and i are planning on putting a lot more stuff than just clothes in the wardrobe so we customised the interior to suit our needs :)

Lollll... Ya.. Slacked for abit too long... Hahahahaha...:P

Just met up with mr carpenter today n finally confirmed my carpentry after back n forth back n forth.... And it's like a load off my shoulder. Phew!

Prob these two weeks I will go shop for lightings.. :P

You got everything already?

Edited by enigma

Lollll... Ya.. Slacked for abit too long... Hahahahaha... :P

Just met up with mr carpenter today n finally confirmed my carpentry after back n forth back n forth.... And it's like a load off my shoulder. Phew!

Prob these two weeks I will go shop for lightings.. :P

You got everything already?

yup i've gotten most of my stuff. very kiasu right. i'm ALL READY to move in once the house is done hahaha. great that you confirmed your carpentry! it seems like it'll take a couple of weeks of manufacturing in the factory so it's back to waiting.. boo. my carpentry discussion was chop chop. i told mr carpenter, he confirmed with me, drew it out and we were done. barely any back and forth lol. lightings shopping was the most tedious part for me.. ugh. hope it goes smoothly for you!

Multi point heater is really something new. Where did you put it? Will it be unsightly?

it can go wherever electric storage heaters are meant to go. for my BTO, that place was the common bathroom where the concealed pipes were all done up, so that's where my multipoint heater went :) it's not very unsightly i guess. it's slightly fatter than an instant heater, and has a couple of short pipes running out of it, but that's it. what you see is what you get. some plumbers use metal pipes, mine used flexible hose. the plumber who installed for me added a tap so in case any leakages happen i can turn it off right there instead of cutting off the water mains.