Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Kitchen appliances

fx_900.png

Fujioh FX-900 hood -- our very first plan was to do away with the hood. my mum in law as one now but it doesn't do its job well so she contends with mopping the kitchen floor each time after she cooks. however, after considering the layout, we realised that unless we cook in a completely closed-off kitchen, fumes will still reach the clothes hanging in the service yard. suffocating in belachan fumes doesn't sound fun, so we decided to get a hood again. did my research and found the fujioh. functionality > aesthetics any day. hope it works as well as advertised!

Hi lemoncandy

What did they advertise this hood as being capable of? Let us know whether this hood works as well as it promises to be capable of.

I had a very bad experience with another Fujioh model but to be fair, that does not mean that this model is not good. My experience: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/44531-fujioh-ariafina-betta-bt-900-cooker-hood/?hl=%2Bfujioh+%2Bariafina

Hi lemoncandy

What did they advertise this hood as being capable of? Let us know whether this hood works as well as it promises to be capable of.

I had a very bad experience with another Fujioh model but to be fair, that does not mean that this model is not good. My experience: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/44531-fujioh-ariafina-betta-bt-900-cooker-hood/?hl=%2Bfujioh+%2Bariafina

Hi kstoh, it advertises similar functions as your Fujioh. http://fujioh.sg/hood_products.php. obviously i haven't tested it yet so my own update will probably only come in a few weeks.

when researching on the FX 900 i found this review pretty useful and will probably help explain why i bought it: http://renovation-greencoal.blogspot.sg/2011/03/review-fujioh-hood-fx-900.html

plumber is coming by this saturday and i've arranged for city gas turn on for the same day. seems like the end is near! :dancingqueen:

Choy!!! Should be the handing over is near. :thumbs up:

• Like 1

Can i ask how much you paid for citygas to come and install the thing?

And did they come once or twice?

You can find out more by calling Citygas directly.

I only remember that shutting off gas supply is $60. The word spoken are "in case of any etc etc etc...you may be penalized for etc etc etc..."

They will be coming twice (speaking from resale POV).

First time to run the pipelines, second time to install the appliances (eg. if you have a gas dryer).

I was Billed $120 for BTO Flat..1st appmnt fix pipings den 2nd appmnt is to on it..

Btw OceanEleven and LemonCandy we are actually neighbours..Ocean bro im staying currently @ my parents house at 668X hehee just across ur BLK😄..LemonCandy,my new BTO is at ur place too,u should be at 17XC i guess 😄

Btw LemonCandy,nice House..wish i could do CraftBricks toobut too bad Mrs dun like it 😔😔

Hope could meet u and ur partner soon at our Neighbourhood 😁😁

14058224309_b95aef6489.jpg

the shoe cabinet that hubby designed! :) :)

14244864445_20f6e2ff2b.jpg

and the interior with adjustable shelving. drawers for the bench area.

14058281157_c3be45b0dd.jpg

sanded and vanished raw plywood frame for the passageway :)

14221718166_36ee73c242.jpg

master bedroom wardrobe. the doors are an off-white linen-textured laminate that i loveee.

14265042363_4da54c2b94.jpg

my side of the wardrobe.

14242657212_47bf07d278.jpg

and hubby's side!

Hi~! I like the shoe cabinet, its with the wood legs as well. It is using Laminate to done up the legs?

hi dwinsplace, ocean and azysic are right. for my BTO there is no turn off charge since there is nothing to turn off. mine cost $120. first appt to run the pipes (contractor will mark out where so citygas installer knows) and second appt is to connect to gas appliances and turn on gas. in my case, I only have the hob. others may have gas heaters and gas dryers as well :)

• Like 1

Btw LemonCandy,nice House..wish i could do CraftBricks toobut too bad Mrs dun like it

Hope could meet u and ur partner soon at our Neighbourhood

hi neighbour! u guessed the block right haha :) how is your reno going? my husband wasn't 100% into the idea of craftbrick at first too but now we both love it :P hope to see you around too!!

• Like 1

Hi~! I like the shoe cabinet, its with the wood legs as well. It is using Laminate to done up the legs?

hi! thank you :) my husband will be happy to see this haha. yes the legs are made of plywood and laminated. :)

14321988763_398b344d81.jpg

quartz top is up :) i chose Pearl White, which has specks of grey stone throughout. mr k says the pure white one can still stain but the speckly one won't... not sure how true this is but i'm not taking any risks.. haha. so speckly it is.

14298467161_294eaff362.jpg

dry side of the kitchen with the same quartz top

14301244074_1b3c0608e3.jpg

hood and oven are wired up! there's an extra 20amp switch for the hob. the model we bought uses battery for the starter, but in the event that we switch to an electric one next time, the point is already wired. for now, it has no use.

14301818255_686324c9a6.jpg

bedroom doors are installed :) the MBR one has a deep chip in the top right corner though.. got to get it fixed..

14321990803_951a63ceb8.jpg

and the simple door handle/lock we chose

pending:

- wood/glass kitchen entrance door (already delivered. need to install glass panels, varnish and install frame + door)

- plumbing and gas turn on (tomorrow)

- kitchen glass backing

- bits of carpentry (finish up shoe cabinet, missing drawer front under oven)

- painting

- minor rectification works

and we should be done!

• Like 1