Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

my shadow blinds from qoo10 were installed today :D :D

14179634957_9acfcf61b4.jpg

when fully drawn

14179482208_446fdff342.jpg

when partially drawn

14343006296_53605f5d4b.jpg

the bomb shelter vent was also reopened and a vented panel put in instead of the round, protruding one

14386291793_fdd06b6ee4.jpg

the kitchen glass backing

14343011796_65af1c1601.jpg

and the joint line near the service yard window. i think it's fine... doesn't bother me much. considered having the small piece removed, but that would mean the HDB grey striped accent would show through... so i opted to patch it back instead.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hello! I don't know the pfr price of my quartz. I was informed of the joint line right from the start. I was told quartz and granite will have joint lines beyond certain lengths. (: I knew solid surface wouldn't have joint lines but I wanted smth hardier so chose quartz instead (:

Yes. Quartz and granite have joint lines. Dark colours will look less obvious.

my shadow blinds from qoo10 were installed today :D :D

14179634957_9acfcf61b4.jpg

when fully drawn

14179482208_446fdff342.jpg

when partially drawn

DIY installation?

I will be getting the same type of blind locally still thinking should do 1 full piece or 2 piece.

Looks like two pc is not so bad after all

DIY installation?

I will be getting the same type of blind locally still thinking should do 1 full piece or 2 piece.

Looks like two pc is not so bad after all

mr k's workers helped me to install :P i printed the instructions off the qoo10 page for them to refer to. if you're handy with power tools and drilling it shouldn't be too hard (i'm hopeless haha). each blind is held up by just two brackets. :) yea i chose to do two pieces because one piece will be quite heavy and i don't know if the mechanism will hold up after some time. and also this leaves the option of having one window open and the other closed.

Why didnt you do the brick wall to the top of the door frame as well?

hmm good question. hahaha. it didn't cross my mind to extend the brick wall there. it'd end awkwardly either way... and i don't have budget to brick-wall across the living room haha. :P

we put up our dehub bathroom accessories this morning :)

master bedroom bathroom:

14372202642_da79616ed0.jpg

wire basket and toilet roll holder. bamboo mirror from ikea.

14187023219_9f134710f6.jpg

hanging hooks and toothbrush holder (this item came free with our order)

common bathroom:

14187051048_5c77aaf428.jpg

14372741424_2a6b78c2dc.jpg

Edited by lemoncandy

Ya own contractor confirm cheaper but doesn't mean the quality will be good.

With ID they can advise you like color, help you coordinate and in some way ensure quality.

Speaking this cause recently I got a bad experience with a contractor. Cheap but the work they did suxs and feedback they will claim is "like that one".

As I still have some outstanding work (deposit paid) , will only expose this contractor after all my work is completed

Wow Lemon,its coming!!!Cant wait to see the end result wif the furnitures all in!!

Looking good eh!!Love the Tree design!!

just being curious... the power socket was at the wall first then the brick wall goes around the socket?

or can we just like drill the brick wall ?

coz planning to have a brick wall but a wall mount tv...

just being curious... the power socket was at the wall first then the brick wall goes around the socket?

or can we just like drill the brick wall ?

coz planning to have a brick wall but a wall mount tv...

hi the power socket's face plate was removed, then the wall was tiled, and the face plates attached back. don't think there are any tiles under the face plate. we had a hole drilled to hang our clock, but it's along the cement grout line and not drilled into the brick tile itself :)

i'm not sure how/if mounting a wall mount tv would affect the brick wall... may have to check with the pros on this! :)