Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, can you share how much you paying for your toilet built in tile shelves?

hi they cost me about $50 each for labour. i didn't purchase the tiles - they are spare hdb floor tiles given to each flat.

• Like 2

hi they cost me about $50 each for labour. i didn't purchase the tiles - they are spare hdb floor tiles given to each flat.

Hi lemoncandy, do you mean each shelve or each toilet? Thanks for sharing.. :) I'm planning to do the same when I get the keys..

Hi lemoncandy, do you mean each shelve or each toilet? Thanks for sharing.. :) I'm planning to do the same when I get the keys..

each shelf. i was quoted $200 for all 4 shelves. :)

14058224309_b95aef6489.jpg

the shoe cabinet that hubby designed! :) :)

14244864445_20f6e2ff2b.jpg

and the interior with adjustable shelving. drawers for the bench area.

14058281157_c3be45b0dd.jpg

sanded and vanished raw plywood frame for the passageway :)

14221718166_36ee73c242.jpg

master bedroom wardrobe. the doors are an off-white linen-textured laminate that i loveee.

14265042363_4da54c2b94.jpg

my side of the wardrobe.

14242657212_47bf07d278.jpg

and hubby's side!

Hi Lemoncandy,

Do you roughly know how much does it cost to do up the passageway frame?

Thanks

Did you buy the connectors for the down light that you purchased from taobao?

So far are the lights are working well? I have some fear of purchasing lights from taobao but they are indeed cheap compared to lights purchased in Singapore

Hi Lemoncandy,

Do you roughly know how much does it cost to do up the passageway frame?

Thanks

Hi, my itemized quote was $650 for the frame :)

Did you buy the connectors for the down light that you purchased from taobao?

So far are the lights are working well? I have some fear of purchasing lights from taobao but they are indeed cheap compared to lights purchased in Singapore

Hi, for the Philips downlights, the connector (driver?) and light came together as one piece.

All my lights are working well so far! I use the cheapo brandless tracklights in the living room the most often and so far so good. The other Philips lights I bought (downlights, kitchen, bathroom lights etc) have no issues too. But then again, I've only moved in for about 4 months..

I bought the same blinds from Qoo10, can I know whether it's good? Also love your kitchen bi-fold door, am assuming it's from ur ID? Do you know what's the price?

Hi, I think they work fine. The ones I got are not blackout though, so there is some light leak. I try to wake up early so it's not a big issue for me though. I made a couple of home modifications because the metal bar at the bottom of the blinds will constantly bounce against the wall/window frame if there is wind. Same for the pull cord! It was quite noisy so I added 2 small pieces of sponge at the back of the blinds' metal bar to dampen the sound. Works great :)

If I were to repurchase I would buy the blinds in a slightly wider width to cover more of the wall beside the windows to reduce light leak. Maintenance is easy - we just dust them using a microfibre duster (bought from daiso) once a month or so :) haven't had the need to wipe them yet.

The kitchen bi-fold door costed me $900. pricey but it's solid wood. feels super solid and heavy, but the sliding mechanism my contractor provided is really smooth so no problems opening and closing for me. also, the colour varies from door to door, which my contractor kept warning me about, because it's a natural finish. I almost painted the door white but i'm glad i didn't!

Hi lemoncandy. ..I'm contemplating to get the oakland table becoz of the very nice color it has... but I read abt the disadvantage abt veneer table top (which is easily scratched and dent and prone to water damage). Will like to find out from u on how the table has performed so far... thanks!

Hi lemoncandy. ..I'm contemplating to get the oakland table becoz of the very nice color it has... but I read abt the disadvantage abt veneer table top (which is easily scratched and dent and prone to water damage). Will like to find out from u on how the table has performed so far... thanks!

Hi PTopaz, it's true - the veneer table top is not the hardiest. I've already gotten a few shallow scratches on it that are visible if you look closely. Otherwise so far so good, it's easy to wipe after meals, doesn't leave watermarks, and the texture of the veneer helps to hide those minor scratches. I use pot coasters when placing hot dishes on the table. I guess it does need some care and maintenance!

• Like 1

Hi Lemoncandy,

May i know did you managed to get Mr K to touch up all the rough edge/ uneven joint at the end of the reno? How was his carpenter touch up skill?

Hi LemonCandy,

Just join renotalk as I am a new houseowner. I know its has been a few years already but I like the things your contractor/ID did for you. Would you mind sharing who your ID or Contractor is, especially the carpenter (Mr, K.) like his drawing on you cabinets and wardrobe.