Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CharisOng

Modern Cozy Home @ Greenleaf

Hmm... I ask my id to put shelving board in my utility box. So I have space to put everything inside. Lucky Singtel provided a multi plug, if not I can't have everything set up. Dunno will they charge me for that multi plug not. Lol. Hmm wireless for living room is still strong. For bedrooms, I will be putting asus ac68u in br2. So it will cover all bedrooms n toilets.

Currently I don't have picture of my utility box and my db box. Once I take picture, I'll share it.

IMG-20140622-WA0013.jpg

Hi Charis

luv your blog and following the reno progress.

Pls pm over your id contact.

I should be taking my keys at 524A soon, similar layout as yours but 5H.

Thanks!

Thanks! Congrats. Pm you already. Cool.. I have friends at 524A too.. =D

Hi charis and tgleaf

Have u all realized there are plenty of centipedes and millipedes over at the pavement?? Not a few but a lot! Went to bto in sengkang, also same issue...

Hmm I didnt notice. I only saw 1 millipede. But lots and lots of HOUSEFLIES!! Like a swamp of them in front of the rubbish chute at level 1. Sooooo irritating. 1 or 2 houseflies will fly in every time im there. =(

Edited by CharisOng

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Charis, had ur windows frame rectify?

Hi Miichele,

I did get BSC to do. They just plaster on the dents, smooth it and spray paint over it. The more they do, the worse it gets. I gave up on the window frames already. The curtains will cover them. Unless someone see the frame in details.

They spray paint on the frames but also paint my window glass panels. Ask them to clean for me. Like at least 3 times. Last time I was there to supervise them clean. Really facepalm, the boy (looks like 14-16yo) wipe with thinner. But still have. I gave up too. Clean myself. LOL.

Use the melamine sponge aka magic sponge from daiso.

Can easily clean off the spray paint of the windows without effort.

However use it with care as it will clean away ur spray frame if u rub it accidentally.

Status Update: Day 36 (02 June 2014)

Countertop UP! Now left my black glass backsplash & hob yet to install. The colour difference on floor tiles is due to the light shone by LED strips.

Just noticed that my wall tiles are uneven but its ok since i'm covering it with black glass.

IMG-20140602-WA0015.jpg

Drawer inside a drawer.

20140602_223731.jpg

My Bennington C600. Note that HDB got the piping wrongly labelled. The blue sticker should be red pipe & vice versa. =.=

20140602_223851.jpg

My LED Strip hidden in there.

IMG-20140602-WA0021.jpg

2014-06-03205029.jpg

Hi there, may i know how many feet did your ID use for the LED Strip on each side, cos my home also a 4room, my id asked me to get 2 x5m strip, i feel like too long.

And i love your sliding steel rack inside the cupboard (i dont know what you call that) How much does something like that cost. Love your home btw, as for me im having a lot of headache with my contractor, very hard for him to reply to my smses, never really sit down discuss and give ideas... Everything im doing on my own. He cant co-ordinate well. My luck i guess. May i have your id name and number, just incase next time i want to do my toilets. thanks. :)

Hi Miichele,

I did get BSC to do. They just plaster on the dents, smooth it and spray paint over it. The more they do, the worse it gets. I gave up on the window frames already. The curtains will cover them. Unless someone see the frame in details.

They spray paint on the frames but also paint my window glass panels. Ask them to clean for me. Like at least 3 times. Last time I was there to supervise them clean. Really facepalm, the boy (looks like 14-16yo) wipe with thinner. But still have. I gave up too. Clean myself. LOL.

The same thing happened to my window at punggol emerald, there was no frames without dents and scratches, the more the BSC repairs, the worse it looks till a HDB join survey is done 3mth after I submitted my list of defects and the BSC's head supervisor promised to supervise and teach the workers on how to do a good spray job. Currently BSC just hand over back, the rectification looks respectable, it is not perfect but acceptable. The worse things is that one of the representative from HDB tries his best to sugar coat the situation really makes my blood boil, till I convinced them that they can do better. If I am HDB I will make the BSC replace all my window even if it was built in during casting, a foul up job is a foul up job. The hdb management must have heard of 6 sigma but surely did not make sure that quality happens consistently. To the manpower minister, there are many lost opportunities for efficiency in the hdb. In Japan most properly someone would have committed suppuku, but in Singapore it is just a foul up in a strings of foul up.

If the price was like in the 70/80s I would have accepted it, but if I need to pay 30 years for a 99 leasehold apartment that won't likely to return the estate sinking fund after 99years, my expectations are very high but after the exhausting follow up with BSC and hdb, I can say that I am humbled by the finger pointing by everyone else. Also funny thing that hdb don't dare to communicate via email in my situation which really differs from their usual modus operandi.

Edited by francisg

• Like 1

Use the melamine sponge aka magic sponge from daiso.

Can easily clean off the spray paint of the windows without effort.

However use it with care as it will clean away ur spray frame if u rub it accidentally.

Haha Miichele, I ordered a carton of 80 pcs of melamine sponge from taobao without knowing its melamine sponge till I just googled the chinese name 纳米海绵 (Like 10 mins ago). Lucky I didnt have the time to go daiso to purchase. I'll wait for it to arrives and try it. It's super duper cheap in taobao. Like a carton of 80 pcs for SGD 8.21 (not inclusive of shipping cost to sg tho).

Can Pm your ID contact?.Thanks

Sure. Pm already.

Hi there, may i know how many feet did your ID use for the LED Strip on each side, cos my home also a 4room, my id asked me to get 2 x5m strip, i feel like too long.

And i love your sliding steel rack inside the cupboard (i dont know what you call that) How much does something like that cost. Love your home btw, as for me im having a lot of headache with my contractor, very hard for him to reply to my smses, never really sit down discuss and give ideas... Everything im doing on my own. He cant co-ordinate well. My luck i guess. May i have your id name and number, just incase next time i want to do my toilets. thanks. :)

I purchased a 5m long LED strip. Cut into 2 (2.2m & 2.4m). 10m strip is very long. But he ask u get 2 drivers only?

Pull out rack? Haha I also not sure. I only showed picture to my ID and he knows what I'm referring to. Hmm he didnt charge me for that so I dunno how much it cost. But i saw something like that in Hoe Kee, 175?

2014-05-03151832.jpg

The same thing happened to my window at punggol emerald, there was no frames without dents and scratches, the more the BSC repairs, the worse it looks till a HDB join survey is done 3mth after I submitted my list of defects and the BSC's head supervisor promised to supervise and teach the workers on how to do a good spray job. Currently BSC just hand over back, the rectification looks respectable, it is not perfect but acceptable. The worse things is that one of the representative from HDB tries his best to sugar coat the situation really makes my blood boil, till I convinced them that they can do better. If I am HDB I will make the BSC replace all my window even if it was built in during casting, a foul up job is a foul up job. The hdb management must have heard of 6 sigma but surely did not make sure that quality happens consistently. To the manpower minister, there are many lost opportunities for efficiency in the hdb. In Japan most properly someone would have committed suppuku, but in Singapore it is just a foul up in a strings of foul up.

If the price was like in the 70/80s I would have accepted it, but if I need to pay 30 years for a 99 leasehold apartment that won't likely to return the estate sinking fund after 99years, my expectations are very high but after the exhausting follow up with BSC and hdb, I can say that I am humbled by the finger pointing by everyone else. Also funny thing that hdb don't dare to communicate via email in my situation which really differs from their usual modus operandi.

Well, my case didnt go up to a HDB join survey. Alot of defects I just close 1 eye. So many uneven tiles. But I also see neighbours in the same project get BSC to hack and retile. But sometimes it get worse. Different coloured tile etc. So my hubby & I decide to "let it go" haha.

We are moving it soon.. Maybe next week. So much hassle dealing with BSC. Somemore I'm the one doing all the liaising work for the whole reno. Stress! Soon nightmare is gonna be over.

My Hello Kitty Wall Sticker is Up! Designed by my hubby. To have a heart shaped & kitty head in the middle. Love it soooo much.

2014-06-24173558.jpg

Eiffel Tower Stickers for Kitchen Entrance Glass Door. To match my Eiffel Tower Dining Light.

2014-06-24223957.jpg

My Sofa is finally delivered. Supppppeeerrr comfy! 2 electric recliner seat + chasis. Watched Brazil vs Chile on my sofa. With the air con switched on, soft fluffy sofa and my hubby lap as pillow, I fell asleep after 30 mins of the game. LOL!! I thought I would get backache sleeping on sofa, but nope.. No backaches. Hahah!

2014-06-28140627.jpg

But there are some defects here and there like the 2 recliner seats will overlap each other abit causing the leather to break. Calibration error. I didnt pay them the final payment of $1k due to the defects. The boss told the delivery man that he will arrange a time to come down to my unit to access the damage.

Here are some of the defects I took picture of.

2014-06-28135628.jpg

2014-06-28135635.jpg

2014-06-28135655.jpg

• Like 1

Dining table & chairs are delivered too. Too black to see any details tho.

2014-06-28185014.jpg

2014-06-28184941.jpg

Edited by CharisOng

Wow seems like everything is done and just waiting to move in! I'm still waiting for the keys, HLE approved last week. Online still shows end aug then collect keys, if that is so may need temp accommodation as my flat is sold ( handover in sep mid)

Wow seems like everything is done and just waiting to move in! I'm still waiting for the keys, HLE approved last week. Online still shows end aug then collect keys, if that is so may need temp accommodation as my flat is sold ( handover in sep mid)

Great progress Charis!!

My unit at Tampines Greenleaf too...block 523B Level 14, 4 Roomer here.

My unit still pending for defects rectification and should be done by this Wed.

I hope to start my reno soon too and hope to see your completed reno soon.

Please keep us updated with beautiful photos, :D