Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lingkiin

Another Bad Experience From Executive Living

NoBuy4EL,

You were fortunate to get your sofa, even when it was wrong. lingkiin and I were forced to get whatever was available.

According to ACRA reports EL had missed its AGM since Apr 2013 and have been marked as non-compliant.

As of Monday, 7th Apr, EL owed 6 months rental (estimated $25k) to the building management and repeatedly had bounced cheque issues. At 6 pm that day, the show room was not open as well.

Feeling suspicious my wife and I staked out the showroom on the 8th of Apr, and when the staff returned to box up their office documents we approached them and were told that that they were closing down and that there was no money left in the accounts to refund customers. We were told by the boss via phone call to take whatever was available in the showroom in exchange for what was originally to be promised. My wife and I have ordered a bed frame (it wasn't built), a dining table and a sofa, and in the end both of us took back a substitute dining table, sofa, plus an additional sofa to replace for the bed frame. To ensure no further complications, we indicated in a new Variance Order Invoice with the company that this was to be a 1-for-1 replacement.

While there, several other customers were making arrangements of their own as well. All in all, the company could very well be gone so we can forget about any warranties being honoured. As expected, the showroom furniture is in used condition and had some wear and tear, and my wife and I certainly did not recover our full amount paid (almost $6k), but at least we estimate our recovery to be around 60~70% of the full cost.

In summary, a bad mistake to make payment in full, and a very fortunate recovery from the mistake for my side, though lingkiin had it much rougher. Let our lesson be a learning experience to all as well.

Hi,

As I have posted my comments as "WARNING" on 17/01/2014.

My advise : You may visit their showroom for "Benchmarking" only.

NoBuy4EL

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:28 AM

Hi,

Last year (Jan/2013) , I have purchased a sofa set cost $4K+ with EL. Up-to date, the outstanding issue with EL still unclose.

The sale confirmation was closed by Alvin & John.

They don't admit the problems laid on EL's poor communication between Factory and Sales Dept. I had send many SMS to Alvin & John. No response from both. They thought by "Buying" time, customer will give up.

The problems as below.

1. Color : Order Orange, rec'd sofa "Tomato Red"

2. Recliner control switch : Order sensor type, rec'd black "Push-button" type.

3. Payment : We paid up front $3K cash to EL as down payment, they will discourage you to pay by Credit card.

My advise : You may visit their showroom for "Benchmarking" only.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Lingkiin, can you pm me the contact of Alvin Ong from Excutive Living? I'm one of the victim and paid full but never receive our sofa in time. We bought back in Nov'13 given long lead time to request delivery but all sort of crack story from them. Thanks!

Lingkiin, can you pm me the contact of Alvin Ong from Excutive Living? I'm one of the victim and paid full but never receive our sofa in time. We bought back in Nov'13 given long lead time to request delivery but all sort of crack story from them. Thanks!

Hi,

You may try your luck. I have send many SMS to both but they afraid of reply us. Use other phone # to call them.

1. Alvin : 9783 1898

2.John : 9223 6610

Just to share~ My wife and I went down to the showroom to check on our delivery after reading all the posts abt the situation on what's happening. Despite repeated call n msg to the showroom n to Alvin, there was simply no response from them. We were shocked when we see the whole showroom in a mess. There were a few guys inside n I managed to identify 1 of them to be Mr Alvin. The entrance to the showroom was locked n I had to knocked on the glass before 1 of them directed me to enter from the side entrance.

After showing my invoice n asking abt what's happening, this is what I had found out.

Apparently, EL has went into liquidation n it's no longer in operation. The business went into cash flow problem n Mr Alvin had no means to sustain it. The showroom has been taken over by X'clusive Home and Mr Alvin was there to negotiate the handing over of the showroom. I had made total purchase of $6000 plus PAID in FULL n I m disgusted that all my money is down the drain. I m moving into my new place in 2 weeks time n now I m at a total lost. The owner of the company taking over explained to me about the entire situation n gave me advice on how to retrieve my $ n also offered to sell his furniture at a very low price for me to cut down on my losses. He was very patient throughout the entire process and I must say that He' had been a good help. The new company is busy with the handing taking over process n I could see that they were busy arranging the showroom with their own furniture, I must say that I was rather impressed with what I saw as their furniture was even more eye catching than what I had bought. The new owner also explained to me that they are under a holding company n advised me to avoid buying furniture from standalone company. After discussion with my wife, we decided to visit X'clusive home next week when they are in full operation to make our purchase from establish company like X'clusive Home. After all my new house still need to be furnished isn't it?

Edited after careful reading of the Bizfile records.

X'clusive Home Pte Ltd failed their "Compliance Rating for Annual Filing" according to Acra Bizfile. Their last Annual Return Date was 9/12/2013 - 2 weeks past the deadline required. Yes, it could be them submitting the paperwork late, but there's potential that they had some cash-flow hiccups as well. So buy with your eyes wide open.

If a company is registered in Singapore, ACRA has its records. Check ACRA to see if a company has any red flags (while searching under entities type company name [search by name] or enter the company registration number [search by number]. URL is at http://www.bizfile.gov.sg

Edited by equvocat

Can someone please reconfirm the details about X'clusive Home. I placed deposit for a marble dining table and waiting for suppose to give them the delivery date. My deposit is only $100 since I have now confirmed the delivery date.

Oh my... I am so shocked to have read this post. Bought a sofa set from them last yr, and requested to deliver this yr july. Wanted to re-visit their website as the dates to request for delivery are drawing near. Now that I come across this thread and all of your experiences, i guess i can forget about it alr? My lost is 1k of deposit..

Hi All,

The owner of this company is back in Action.

Check out this FB page.

www.facebook.com/MixNMatchSG

safe_image.php?d=AQC_CaO4POJi6Dej&w=300&

Edited by SamTheMan

On 3/4/2016 at 11:59 AM, SamTheMan said:

Hi All,

The owner of this company is back in Action.

Check out this FB page.

www.facebook.com/MixNMatchSG

safe_image.php?d=AQC_CaO4POJi6Dej&w=300&

Thank you for warning us. What a cheater