Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Danmify

Simple 4Rm Reno @ Costa Ris

My reno is not going as smooth as I have expected....quite tiring to deal with all this from oversea. Hopefully my ID can manage the remaining reno works without more surprises from his contractor...

Looking forward to visit your new home as well :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello neighbour! Lotsa other neighbours here as well, haha..

Gosh your key collection is like 1 month before mine.

Btw, your living room looks huge after hacking the 3rd BR, are you planning to use it as your dining area?

Hi Rilkeanheart, great to have you here! Which blk you're from?

Nope. My dining table will be placed just outside the kitchen entrance. My TV will be just behind BR2 wall. We intend to have occasional gathering with our friends and therefore need a bigger area :)

:good:Day 25 of Renovation - 10 Oct 2014 :good:

gallery_53049_325_73627.png

:wub: Yeah!! Finally got a good day shot of my completed Brick wall! Saw Ah Kim had to measure meticulously twice to make sure everything will be all right! There were 3 different spacers used to make the spacing natural looking and finally filled with white plaster area by area. A wet sponge is then used to wipe off excess plaster from the tiles. This will be our designated photo shoot backdrop for family and friends!

Realised I haven't upload a full pic of my Common Toilet. My Barn inspired toilet is taking form! Awaiting the chemical wash to restore its gleam and the final gold touches. :P

We chose Aluminium Louvered Bi-fold Door for the MBR Toilet because the wooden one is so pricey! Almost twice or thrice the cost! Since I "downgraded" from Tempered Glass door, I do not have to top up. The sliding track is rather stable but overall a bit flimsy and noisy due to its light weight. Considering my "Chor Lor (rough) pattern", I think it can probably last me a good 5 years. :huh:

:dribble: Well.. I struggled a bit for the kitchen concrete sink support because I felt Ah Kim did such an excellent job! For a man of details like him, he covered up all areas with tiles even though my original idea was for this whole structure to be enveloped by carpentry and quartz top. Moreover, he anticipated the requirements for the plumbing works and made due allowances. I am going to buy him his favourite cigarettes as a form of gratitude. :D

Painting works is in progress and there are a lot of preparation works like scrapping the wall to make it even and smooth before applying the oil sealant onto the walls and ceiling. The experienced "one-man-show" painter completed all that in one day!

I have opted for mould guard for additional protection for both the toilets and kitchen.

Looking forward to the actual coats of paint. Chosen Sail White for the whole house and Creamy White for the Door frames and BS door.

:sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Edited by Danmify

Hi PTopaz, mine should be around that price too. I will know during the pricing adjustment session with my contractor at the later stage.

Edited by Danmify

Day 28 of Renovation - 14 Oct 2014 :thumbs up::thumbs up:

gallery_53049_325_363373.png

Aircon was installed yesterday and nicely wrapped up. Very delighted with the way the routing was done. I may have missed the whole installation process but my requirements were met.

:deal:Aircon Requirements:-

- Mitsubishi Electric Starmex (System 2) Inverter Aircon inverter
- MXY2E20VA/ MSYGE10VA x 2 (9k btu each)
- c/w Armaflex 1/2 Inches Class 1 Insulation / G22 Copper Pipe / 16mm drainage pvc pipe / Singapore Made Premium Grade Control Wiring
- 1 yr warranty on workmanship / installation & 5 yrs warranty on compressor unit
- Includes installation works and 1 delivery trip

:jammin::jammin:

Whole House Painting was also completed! Shall update together when HERF flooring is up which is scheduled on 23 Oct. Andy actually went ahead of schedule, but we could not bring forward Evorich's pre-agreed schedule when informed yesterday. Good business for Evorich huh! We will have a short 3 days break then. :bleah:

Gas Installation will be done tomorrow and concurrently with whole house chemical washing. :wub:

:bow: Praying everyday that my MBR Toilet Mosaic wall tiles can arrive ASAP! ! :bow:

Edited by Danmify

:good:Day 38 of Renovation - 25 Oct 2014 :good:

gallery_53049_325_778419.png

Evorich's popular HERF (or Vinyl flooring) was finally installed. We chose Material Type - Markam Oak Light. Simply loved those wood grains and thought it blended well with our white walls. The embossed surface really gave it a "real" woody look and you almost cannot see any grout lines. Thumbs up to the 2 PRC installers assigned for the installation! And also to the Sales Rep - Vince for accepting my measured dims instead! :jammin:

:sport-smiley-003: Andy went fast and faster mode after that! Right after I informed him that the flooring installation will be completed by 1 pm, he arranged for the carpenter team to come up on the same day to do another round of site confirmation for the job scheduling.

Over the next 2 days, the carpenter team performed their magic. :notti:

My living room storage cabinet turned out great! It should have been wider but I preferred this alternative version better since it flushed well with the existing DB cabinet. The premium TAK series was money well spent. The close up feel and look is definitely different. :thumbs up:

Our barn door is a Must-Have feature for our theme. Now our common toilet elements feels complete. :wub:

gallery_53049_325_306209.png

The solid veneer door is also up. The photo did not do much justice to its understated beauty. We chose the lightest wood tone for it to just blend into the surroundings as we wanted at most only 2 or 3 different wood tones, so as to have consistency within the house. :D

The MBR wardrobe is also based on that consistency concept. White surfaces can be difficult to maintain but since we have little natural light in the house, we hope that it can have an overall enlarging effect for the small area.

:dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

Last but not least, our 75% completed kitchen. I tried 2 different photo collage software but both still cannot capture the details well! We are glad that we stuck to our "White Beauty" look for our kitchen! Really can't wait for the final outcome!

So far in the entire renovation process, Andy sometimes helps to align my design requirements for both aesthetics and functionality. For kitchen top, he was recommending kompacplus at first but was also supportive as well on my final iQuartz choice. He stepped in to advise the right type of knobs to be used for my cabinets. He also advised the right placement of my hood switch as I have wrongly instructed the electrician earlier to fix it too close to the burners. :thumbs up:

Looking forward to 2nd round of wetworks! Received updates that the long awaited MBR toilet Mosaic Wall tiles are finally on-board ship en-route to SG! :no:

:notti: At the same time, looking forward to my TB 2nd shipment arrival by mid Nov!

Edited by Danmify

Some Lobangs to share! :deal:

1. Electrical Appliances - Look for Catherine / Vincent from Etronin Home Appliances Services & Trading Pte Ltd :good:

Blk 801 Tampines Ave 4 #01-287 (S)520801

Tel: 6784 2525 / 6781 7810

I got my F&P fridge, LG washer & Rice Cooker here. Their All In prices inclusive of GST & Delivery are $30 to $90 cheaper than most retail stores and after sales are good as well.

2. Curtains - Look for Jasmine from My Curtain Shop :jammin:

Blk 201E Tampines St 23 #01-106 (S)527201

Tel: 9653 7025

I got 100% polyester washable Day curtains for about $1,000 for Living room, BR3 & MBR. Single Track Installation whole house. Price includes GST, Installation & Delivery.

3. Ceiling Fans - Go Tampoi Lighting Centre SDN. BHD. :P

No.2,4 & 6, Jalan Titiwangsa 3/1, Taman Tampoi Indah (Batu 6 1/2, Jalan Skudai) Johor Bahru, Malaysia

I got the Elmark Aeronaumics at a much cheaper rate compared to SG. Accepts only Ringgit. To & Fro cab fees set me back about SGD$18 altogether. Strongly Recommended.

4. Sanitary wares - Go GR Link Marketing along Jalan Besar. :notti:

I got both my toilet bowls for $549. Prices inclusive of GST & Delivery. Remember to confirm your measurements. Mine was 5 inches and I have to purchase separately 2 offsets for the 6 inches toilet bowls.

Edited by Danmify

Do take note of the New HDB regulation for the flooring wef 01 Dec 2014.

We will need to use pre packed cement and quality sharp sand mix which comes at a higher cost compared to the current practice.

Consumers will most likely have to bear this additional cost.

If you are considering K2LD Builders, do note that the last order to avoid paying more due to this new regulation is 23 Nov 2014. Contact Andy for more details and confirmation.

Edited by Danmify