Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dandelion1976

Our 5 Room Reno Journey - Scandinavian With A Light Touch Of Industrial

Okay here're some stuffs we already bought..... Fan

We had actually shortlisted Relite, Crestar (only has 46"), and Amasco (not reliable), until we found this from JB. It's made in Taiwan and has a 10 years warranty on its motor. More importantly, the matt metallic black gives it a rustic industrial look. There's also white and black colour available but it's shinny and thus not suitable. Only drawback is the drop down height of 330mm (ceiling to fan blades) and 440mm (ceiling to lowest point) from ceiling, which will looks a bit low for HDB ceiling. Still figure out best way to modify the mounting bracket. And best of all, only RM 350 (with remote control) :good:

(okay managed to fix it up, update at post #58)

ScreenShot2014-04-10at32235pm.png

Edited by dandelion1976

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Dandelion, omg I've the first pic ("play" brickwall) in my moodboard too haha

By any chance that you're from AI too? The toilet washbasin and toiletbowl floorplan looks familiar Heh:)

yes, hellonub, we are frm AI, hello neighbour :D

We had actually shortlisted Relite, Crestar (only has 46"), and Amasco (not reliable), until we found this from JB. It's made in Taiwan and has a 10 years warranty on its motor. More importantly, the matt metallic black gives it a rustic industrial look. There's also white and black colour available but it's shinny and thus not suitable. Only drawback is the drop down height of 330mm (ceiling to fan blades) and 440mm (ceiling to lowest point) from ceiling, which will looks a bit low for HDB ceiling. Still figure out best way to modify the mounting bracket. And best of all, only RM 350 (with remote control) :good:

Hi,

Im looking for an appropriate black ceiling fan for my home too. May I have your contact in JB for this? How did you manage to adjust the length of the drop? Thanks!

Hi Joeist, the brand of the fan is Rubine, shops in JB who carry this brand will have it I reckon.

Anyway, here's the contact:

Irene Siew (+6 016-723 2989)

Perabot & Electrik Impian

No. 59, 59-01,02,03

Jalan Permas 10/1,

Bandar Baru Permas Jaya,

81750 Masai, Johor.

Tel: +607 380 6017

p/s: there's at least one shop at JB Sentosa area carry this fan. It's near Plaza Sentosa along Jalan Sutera, around the area below.

ScreenShot2014-04-11at111927pm.png

Edited by dandelion1976

Sleek cheap alternative to Haiku/Aerotron!!! Nice pick! Have you seen it in action though? Fans with such low dropheight tend to wobble.

Sleek cheap alternative to Haiku/Aerotron!!! Nice pick! Have you seen it in action though? Fans with such low dropheight tend to wobble.

Oh yes, my friend bought more than 10 units for her place (semi-D). This fan comes with a mounting bracket which eliminates the need for balancing and it won't wobble. But I gotta figure out way to mount this either by shorten the shaft by 2.5" to 3" or to modify the mounting bracket so to reduce the drop (I am 1.8m tall and with my hand extended I will touch almost any fan, just to make sure my head won't knock on it ha ha!). Still thinking of a way..... :help:

Hello, just to check... Will there be a feature wall on the brick wall? Will the brick wall be built on the cement wall or will ur Id build the brick wall on a wood plank feature wall?

For kitchen I prefer option 1

So happy, tomorrow discuss 3D plan with ID. Reserving this post for 3D upload later :sport-smiley-018:

Alright, after a few ding-dong, here're the near confirmed 3D....

Living

livingview3.jpg

Kitchen (Option 1 & Option 2 - Which one better??)

Option 1:

kitchenoption2smalltiles.jpg

Option 2:

kitchenblackbiggertile.jpg

Hello, just to check... Will there be a feature wall on the brick wall? Will the brick wall be built on the cement wall or will ur Id build the brick wall on a wood plank feature wall?

For kitchen I prefer option 1

It's not build using craft brick, but instead my ID recommends Stucco Wall, lay directly onto the wall/dry wall to achieve the same look without the cost.

The recess area is boxed up using dry wall and strengthen with plywood at the TV/sound bar/console mounting area.

I've checked the cost of doing a stucco wall before... It cost about the same.... U might wanna make a comparison.... The effect of craft bricks actually looks better compared to the stucco walls I've seen so far...