Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dandelion1976

Our 5 Room Reno Journey - Scandinavian With A Light Touch Of Industrial

Thanks for sharing the screeding issue. Our estate is also facing the same thing.

How is the fan modification coming along?

Looks like a good sleek looking fan alternative to other expensive ones. Can you give a review on the fan speed, coverage (straight down or wide), ac or dc fan?

TIA!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi dandelion1976, may I know roughly how much extra are you paying for the forwarding services plus taxes for bricks. Thx

Hi dandelion1976, may I know roughly how much extra are you paying for the forwarding services plus taxes for bricks. Thx

Hi dandelion, do you mind sharing the JB dexo bricks contact that delivers to sg? Many thanks.

Hi both, full info posted on #34. Cheers.

Hi, mind sharing your quotation for your renovation? can email me at lingwei.n@gmail.com :) Thanks in advance

Hi there fellow neighbour

I am at 332b, collecting keys on Monday and looking forward to renovation, though not looking forward to the costs though.

Love your posts and everyone here seems to have lots of money saving advice. Counting on everyone to pass on advice from now on.

Will be starting my own post soon once keys are collected!

It's been a long while since I last update my t-blog, and without knowing it, my reno has almost come to the tail end of it. Carpenters are working on the installation of cabinets etc and I reckon if I don't update my t-blog now, I may never do it again...

So here is one post dedicated to my journey of laying structured cat-6 cable before cement screeding was re-done (long story).

8 cables to TV console and another 8 to my study area.

Still work-in-progress and I am still figuring out how to fix up things like patch panel, terminating cat 6 point etc.

Here's the cable that I use... Belden, got it from Sim Lim Tower Lvl 2 for $200 (1000 ft), not bad a price for Belden :)

04-16%7CRenoProgress.jpg

Before Cement Screeding

LAN-Before.jpg

LAN-After.jpg

What would I do differently if I can redo?

Perhaps I should use PVC water pipes (white colour) instead of the conduit for electrical work (black colour) for better sealing, as T-joints etc for the black electrical conduit is not water sealed.

I won't be too worried if the electrical conduits are water tight enough since the cables themselves offer another 2 layers of insulation. Anyway, how did the termination go?