Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dwinsplace

Hacking Out A Home-Shaped Hole @ Cassia

Exciting ., tonight I decided to go to the house to see the lights for the night time.. Spot led lights seemed to be weird... Turns super hot. I thought LED suppose to be cool on the front end?

LED spots are coolER than traditional spots. I'm sure they still give off some amount of heat. I haven't sat under mine yet. Will let you know how it goes.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Don't feel hot below la.. It is feels super hot when u touch it

LED spots are coolER than traditional spots. I'm sure they still give off some amount of heat. I haven't sat under mine yet. Will let you know how it goes.

Opening a hole in the vanity is a good idea, but why not just mount it on the side of the vanity? I only had a vanity-ish ledge in one toilet and thats where I put it.

You accepted the water that slides backwards? That would irritate the crap out of me! I personally would have them redo the thing but I'm anal. Haha my wife swears by Mr Muscle too but she says that anything that works that well has to be **** toxic so she wears gloves. :D

Will post pics soon! The difficulty of dark walled toilets is that its not as photogenic, esp on a phone camera which doesn't capture the light as well. (All excuses for my lousy camera skills)

haha. cuz our side of vanity got no space!! not like ur vanity ledge so long. nowadays the new bto only gives a square area. if i put the toilet roll at the side of my vanity, when i sit down on the WC, sure kenna scratched. haha.

as for the water, we only wash the toilet floor once a week and leave to dry so now too big an issue for us since it dries fast. indeed i think i shd get some gloves. i kenna some mr muscle on my fingers and they had a very steralised and clean smell. :(

and i understand what u mean abt dark toilets not being photogenic. hahah i also think my photo doesnt do justice to my mbr toilet cuz of the dark wall tiles. anyway, i think we have got the same WC (not round not square) haha... and i like ur white main door! very nice.

Don't feel hot below la.. It is feels super hot when u touch it

Wah kao, lights so high up, why you go and touch touch? Lol. Even LED torches mark themselves as hot so i think thats fairly normal? Just probably a lot more efficient in their transformation of electrical energy to light.

haha. cuz our side of vanity got no space!! not like ur vanity ledge so long. nowadays the new bto only gives a square area. if i put the toilet roll at the side of my vanity, when i sit down on the WC, sure kenna scratched. haha.

as for the water, we only wash the toilet floor once a week and leave to dry so now too big an issue for us since it dries fast. indeed i think i shd get some gloves. i kenna some mr muscle on my fingers and they had a very steralised and clean smell. :(

and i understand what u mean abt dark toilets not being photogenic. hahah i also think my photo doesnt do justice to my mbr toilet cuz of the dark wall tiles. anyway, i think we have got the same WC (not round not square) haha... and i like ur white main door! very nice.

Haha I insisted on sitting on the toilet bowl like an idiot to test all the positions before he installed it. Felt rather self conscious being on the toilet with a few people watching but what to do?

The water that slides backwards is in your shower area right? Won't that get wet everyday? However if its drying fast then that means that the problem isn't that bad to begin with. :)

Main door is actually the same light grey as most of the walls of our house. But yes, I wanted a white door to constrast the black scissor gate at first! But both ID and the mrs shot me down. HA! So thank you for justifying my choice!! (I gotta admit that her choice of the grey was a better idea though) ((also, she reads this blog... :P))

• Like 1

Brought my folks into the house one evening to check out the reno and saw that the bench we ordered for wearing shoes was installed. The bench was also supposed to separate the 'foyer' area from the living area. Unfortunately, it did that last job too well. The bench was HUGE and blocked out the entire view of the hall. Made the house look rather small and claustrophobic.

C81BEE43-FA9F-469E-BA0B-A65AD0629EF8_zps

AF87AA77-3D25-4335-A17B-BAA292E07CE2_zps

Suddenly the passage way into the hall felt narrow and due to the apartments column being different than the plan, the alignment of the bench to the living room was also wrong. So despite liking the combination of the laminates and the idea of a bench to wear our shoes, we decided to scrap the entire bit of carpentry. And yes, we are still paying for it. There isn't a heart pain emoticon. Or a wallet pain emoticon. That would be used here. Many, many times. Sigh.

Our ID was quite sad to lose it cos she liked it but she also saw where i was coming from. Singapore apartments are small enough without us making them feel even tighter.

So we will be using our sofa's ottoman to wear our shoes before we leave. If that feels odd, then we will come up with something else after we move in. :dunno:

Brought my folks into the house one evening to check out the reno and saw that the bench we ordered for wearing shoes was installed. The bench was also supposed to separate the 'foyer' area from the living area. Unfortunately, it did that last job too well. The bench was HUGE and blocked out the entire view of the hall. Made the house look rather small and claustrophobic.

C81BEE43-FA9F-469E-BA0B-A65AD0629EF8_zps

AF87AA77-3D25-4335-A17B-BAA292E07CE2_zps

Suddenly the passage way into the hall felt narrow and due to the apartments column being different than the plan, the alignment of the bench to the living room was also wrong. So despite liking the combination of the laminates and the idea of a bench to wear our shoes, we decided to scrap the entire bit of carpentry. And yes, we are still paying for it. There isn't a heart pain emoticon. Or a wallet pain emoticon. That would be used here. Many, many times. Sigh.

Our ID was quite sad to lose it cos she liked it but she also saw where i was coming from. Singapore apartments are small enough without us making them feel even tighter.

So we will be using our sofa's ottoman to wear our shoes before we leave. If that feels odd, then we will come up with something else after we move in. :dunno:

Using the same ID firm and funny I had the exact same discussion with the ID last week. How tall was your whole contraption in front? I reduced my to 1m height by 1.5m long now and 100% movable so i can perhaps sell it as a whole piece shoe cabinet if it doesn't work out

I m also pondering over what colour to paint for my main door ... Thinking of either white or gray as well... Will paint the gate black... The thing is no one in my blk paint their doors.. I am wondering if it will look super weird after I paint mine... Haha cos the original is walnut brown... Super off.

This is a better shot of my light grey main door with the new scissor gate installed. :) Think it kicks some serious ***.

014B249C-45C7-49B1-9659-A531555925FD_zps

• Like 1

Haha cos i need to adjust the position of the spot lights ma...

Wah kao, lights so high up, why you go and touch touch? Lol. Even LED torches mark themselves as hot so i think thats fairly normal? Just probably a lot more efficient in their transformation of electrical energy to light.

Using the same ID firm and funny I had the exact same discussion with the ID last week. How tall was your whole contraption in front? I reduced my to 1m height by 1.5m long now and 100% movable so i can perhaps sell it as a whole piece shoe cabinet if it doesn't work out

Actually, i think mine was about 1m - 1.2m tall. So might be roughly the same size as what you wanted. I assume this is the kitchen bar counter in your 3D that you're reducing?

From that area it won't be as visually heavy but I suggest you get the ID to block out the space at the site itself. Mark out the exact area that it will be in and then picture what it will be like.

But then again, your great idea of having it movable probably solves it all. :D Sigh....

• Like 1

I m also pondering over what colour to paint for my main door ... Thinking of either white or gray as well... Will paint the gate black... The thing is no one in my blk paint their doors.. I am wondering if it will look super weird after I paint mine... Haha cos the original is walnut brown... Super off.

Haha cos i need to adjust the position of the spot lights ma...

Haha ok ok. Well I just touched the hinges where the lights hang from. That part will be cooler. :)

Or you get your hubby to do it. Men kena burn also have to suck it up for maschismo's sake.

I never compare myself to the rest of my neighbours. I just assume that my house is way more beautiful and so I should do whatever works for us. haha. Also, its quite nice to stand out what. Easier to direct friends in the future.

Haha ok ok. Well I just touched the hinges where the lights hang from. That part will be cooler. :)

Or you get your hubby to do it. Men kena burn also have to suck it up for maschismo's sake.

I never compare myself to the rest of my neighbours. I just assume that my house is way more beautiful and so I should do whatever works for us. haha. Also, its quite nice to stand out what. Easier to direct friends in the future.

Yap...

My uncle have no problem finding my unit as the gate and door is too unique.

LoL ~~~

Yap...

My uncle have no problem finding my unit as the gate and door is too unique.

LoL ~~~

Unique is what we're all going for I think. No point spending all this time and money to look exactly like your neighbours!