Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dwinsplace

Hacking Out A Home-Shaped Hole @ Cassia

Received and Thanks for your prompt reply!

My husband loves your black blind when I showed him last night

Kind of love at first sight! :)

Looking for fans for living room and balcony. Love relite but need to have lighting feature for balcony.

Aww glad that you like it! The blinds aren't black actually. Its a very deep rich brown. The tape binding it together is black though. But these are all items that you can choose.

We found the the dark brown gives warmth even though with the glare it tends to look black. So just an air of sophistication from certain angles and times of day. :)

You need lights below the fan for your balcony? You can try fanco. It has a few models that are pretty sleek and black but I believe still allows a light fixture beneath. FF6000?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Small DIY projects to make the house more of a home.

Spray painted the door numbers on our gate. Had the gate guys leave this space especially for me.

84D94F2E-0C2E-44A4-8AB8-056A4D3DFBC6_zps

We wanted to make the bathrooms a little special and kinda cheeky so we ordered vinyl lettering from http://www.**.sg/ for about $11 for a set. It would depend on how many letters you needed etc but we just sent them the text and the font file and they couriered it to us.

This is what our doors look like now!

3D4D9FA4-4684-4166-AE75-481901139988_zpsC7168DD0-8E0F-4AF2-87E7-3CC9D109CFA2_zps

Haha sorry to disappoint guys. We didn't get it from TB. We got it from a fair in Great World city but I'm sure that they have a shop there selling it. About $30 for mine if I remember correctly.

They had all the avengers, wolverine, batman, gambit. Quite a few looked very good but I thought it would be overkill so I had to pick one.

Thanks for the info and I appreciate it.

I didnt know that Great World City has this hahaha.

I will check it out soon and looks very cool, :D

You can buy it from hipvan. Online shop. Same price ..

Nice decals on the doors !

Thanks! I screwed up the application on one of them so there are bubbles but I was surprised at how easy it was! Just that the larger ones kinda need 2 people to apply properly.

Going to buy it again and redo it. :P And maybe get one for the kitchen wall too!

Mine just arrived from hipvan! It is so big that I dunno how to go abt doing it... Asking id to help me this sat... Check out the pic on my blog!

I love the fonts u used for the decal... I need to do one for my toilet door as well and kitchen door

Pmed!

Hi Dwinsplace

Would it be possible to have your curtain contact as well? Introduced by ID? I have one introduced to me with good pricing but less variety so want to compare the difference.

Funny how we have the same ID and chairs then you have black steel partitions w industrial theme and I have white steel partitions and very muji-ish theme.

Spent a lot of this week just waiting for people to come.

For movers to collect their boxes back.

For electrician to rectify a light (TB pendant light, couldn't be fixed in the end and I'm changing it to a track light. It's cheap so not so pain.)

Carpenters etc.

I know this sounds like silly advice but we only bought things like clothes hooks and mirrors after we moved in. We went to ikea one night and spent $600!! haha but it was fun.

We wanted to be able to visualise the space properly to assess our needs before making purchases.

Downside to this method is that we had to call the carpenter back to help us to mount all the pegs and clocks onto the walls. I could technically do it myself with a drill? But I'm kinda scared of drilling into the brick wall. :P Second downside is the dust that flies everywhere after the drilling. Dirtying up our clean house. Bah.

Gas Heater review!

So we've been here for the last 4 days and showering with the Macro MA-8NFL heater from citygas. Its one of the low end models that they say cannot be used for large shower heads or rainshowers.

Here's my review.

1. Water pressure is great! Big handheld shower as well as rain shower has good pressure. That said, I never use both bathrooms at the same time.

2. Time to heat up is decent. It's NOT instant though. From the time I turn on the tap (must have mixer in the 'hot' region or there won't be a command for the burners to start), I hear a poof! when the burners come on (instantly) and then it takes about 15sec for the water to get warm. There is a slight variation in temp for another 30sec as the water really warms up, and then its stable.

3. If you shut off the water supply to soap up etc, the burners DO shut off. So when you turn it back on, I hear the poof again, and depending I'll get the leftover warm water in the pipes, a second or two of cool-ish water and then hot again.

Overall, I'm happy with it. But if you're VERY picky about getting the water temp correct instantly, then I would say that this isn't for you. I haven't seen the electrical bill yet though so I can't say if there are savings. Shrug. :)

• Like 1

Downside to this method is that we had to call the carpenter back to help us to mount all the pegs and clocks onto the walls. I could technically do it myself with a drill? But I'm kinda scared of drilling into the brick wall. :P Second downside is the dust that flies everywhere after the drilling. Dirtying up our clean house. Bah.

Next time when drilling, bring the operating vacuum right next to the drilling hole.

Then all dust and debris will be vacuum away, nothing much to clean afterward. :jammin: