Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dwinsplace

Hacking Out A Home-Shaped Hole @ Cassia

Are u going to change the lock to the version with no safety feature? Meaning it cannot be opened with the Allen key. Yale is offering to do it for free.

Sorry for the radio silence! Thanks to the wifey for answering all the questions.

I don't think i want the option to remove the safety feature on the lock. Yes it would be more secure but I kinda want the option available in case things go really wrong and I can still have one last way to get out (or in)

You? is that what you're planning to do?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks! Nice colour !

My contractor told me that the actual colour on wall will be 30% darker compare to What we see from catalogue,

so we are worry whether it will be too dark

Master room is the Veil Grey as mentioned by the wife. If you are talking about the darker grey in the study though, thats a Dulux Noble Grey.

I would agree that the overall effect of the veil grey is a bit darker than on the colour swatch but it turned out really nicely.

The darker grey just looks like the swatch to me.

I love dark colours? But there are some considerations.

1. Dust shows up clearer.

2. Harder to do patch up work cos you can see the brush strokes and new paint will show up very clearly.

3. House feels a bit darker overall.

Wouldn't have it any other way though!

Yes me too.. I don't feel comfortable with an exit without emergency escape... Can be quite scary is remote is not working and there is a fire...

Sorry for the radio silence! Thanks to the wifey for answering all the questions.

I don't think i want the option to remove the safety feature on the lock. Yes it would be more secure but I kinda want the option available in case things go really wrong and I can still have one last way to get out (or in)

You? is that what you're planning to do?

Quite a few questions asked, so to help,here are the suppliers:

- lights : taobao (need good chinese to survive this. Thank god for jason!)

- Toilet bowls and toilet stuff: Heritage bathroom gallery @ geylang ( we also got our kitchen sink here - Carysil Big Bowl)

- shower systems: Wasser Bath at Geylang

- customised dining table : Second Charm

- customised sofa: Kim Hwee sofa: Chris 62801208

- Blinds: Keagan 86869779

- Laundry system : EZ Living Pte Ltd Angeline 94527000

- Electrical Lock and Main gate : Dr Doors 65561111 (Candy)

- Relite Petit Fans: Khind systems 68623777

- Aircon: Tim Wong (9232 1641)

-Vinyl stickers on door (self stick) - Joe 98555120

- appliances : Megadiscount store (Henry :84489168)

Samsung fridge RL-4013UBASL - SS

Bosch Hob PBD -9331SG

Samsung washer WA-80F5S7

Bosch Oven HBN-331E2J

Hello! Just realize we used same ID firm.. Just read your blog from page 1! Haha..

Your house is really nice :)

Congrats! Do post more photos!

Hi Fahrenheitbunny, noted we bought the same hob from Bosch. Would like to ask for the 2 flame wheel burners (the 2 bigger ones), when u turn down the flame to the smallest, does the outer ring lights up? Or only the inner ring lights up and has flame?

Hello! Just realize we used same ID firm.. Just read your blog from page 1! Haha..

Your house is really nice :)

Congrats! Do post more photos!

Wow thanks for dropping by and the kind words. We are loving the house!

Nothing much has been done to it lately and we're just enjoying the process of finally having our own home. That first dinner we cooked together and then ate on our own dining table, with music playing. That was gold.

As for photos, its really frustrating how I can't seem to capture this house nicely in shots! The angles just don't allow me to show it to its actual beauty. Will see if my friends can do better and post those instead. :)

Hope you're enjoying your place too!

Hi Fahrenheitbunny, noted we bought the same hob from Bosch. Would like to ask for the 2 flame wheel burners (the 2 bigger ones), when u turn down the flame to the smallest, does the outer ring lights up? Or only the inner ring lights up and has flame?

smallest : only the inner ring has fire

On the 2 biggest ones, only the inner rings have flame on the lowest setting.

The small one however still has flame on the large ring even on its lowest setting and so we find that it's too powerful. Usually small rings for sauces and what not and needs a lower fire but we can't get it with this one. So we have to end up using the big ring and a bigger pot so it can balance on the wider setting.

HI, I suppose you might have been asked this many times.. but i just have to ask again... how did u undertake the shipping back of items from taobao? Also, did u aggregate all yr orders first to save on one set of shipping costs? Thanks!

HI, I suppose you might have been asked this many times.. but i just have to ask again... how did u undertake the shipping back of items from taobao? Also, did u aggregate all yr orders first to save on one set of shipping costs? Thanks!

Hi Finesse,

We used Oops.com as a freight forwarder. Basically, they give you an address at their warehouse and you use that for all your TB purchases. They allow up to 30 days for you to collate your stuff in their warehouse before they start charging you for storage space.

They tell you the charges on their website for each cubic metre and you will get a quotation from them when you prep to ship your stuff back as to how many cubic metres your items are.

The major downside to this company is that you are unable to see how much shipping costs BEFORE you ship. So you can ask them to give you an accurate shipping quote and see if adding more would make it cheaper.

They need to take all your stuff and pack and weigh it before giving you a quote and they consider that packing for shipment already. Apart from that though, I was satisfied with their service.

I hear other people have had decent experiences with 65daigou.