Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
felicia

Changes On Confirmed Quote

I have some questions here on confirmed quote. Hope to get some experts advice. Thanks

If we signed the agreement with the ID company, before getting the key to new house, then upon TOP.....

1) can we make changes on items in the quote after we see our actual home? eg, cancel some items, change measurement?

2) if agreement stated as installing 3 fan points but in the end owner decided to reduce to only 1 fan point, can ID revised quote and increase the price?

3) can we request change of ID after signing the contract?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Felicia,

1) yes.

2) ID can revise quote. can negotiate price with ID. but electrical items are usually charged by per item.

3) can. but you may have to forego any deposits that you paid previously / ID may charge you for the 3D drawings shown to you.

If you don't mind, I can recommend a designer to you. Steven @ 8777 7233. He had renovated my house, recommended to my friend and she's satisfied with the work done. And now my friend's neighbour also approaches him for his house renovation. FYI, he's always readily available to provide you with advice and recommendations.

Hi, I am planning to get my keys first and have the ID to view the place before placing deposit.

Two reasons:- 1st is to get the renovation loan and 2nd is to avoid any form of disputes or misunderstandings.

was surprised that I received more personal message than reply here.

HI Joycelst,

for qn 2) for example, quote stated as $150 for 3 fan points, and ID mentioned 1point is $50. If we decided only to install 1 fan point, can ID revised quote to $80 for 1 fan point?

I'm asking this as it happened to my friend.

Felicia

It is reasonable that a single fan is $80 while three fans are $150. Regardless of how many fans you want to install, the effort required to travel to your home is the same and the difference in amount of work is not significantly different. Certainly not 2/3 easier. My two cents.

Hi Felica, yes i agree with Nerrad.The worker need to travel to your place for installation so the extra S$30 could be the transportation. But I'm sure that your friend is doing other electrical work too. So the price is negotiatble with the ID.

You can forward your floor plan to Steven first and he will advice you from there with your budget and renovation requirements. He also does liaising with banks on clients' behalf for renovation loan.