Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jeeppoo

Sharing My Reno Journey

Hi, im thinking to do the ceiling mounted rack as u have for ur dry kitchen. May I know is it customised or off de shelf? How much roughly it will cost? Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, im thinking to do the ceiling mounted rack as u have for ur dry kitchen. May I know is it customised or off de shelf? How much roughly it will cost? Thanks.

Oh, the rack is not part of the package...haha ID drew it in for effect purpose....

more "bad" renovation outcome

the water pipes holes on the wall too big and uneven...spoilt the effect of this feature wall in the common shower room....will check with ID if that portion of tiles can be replaced. Lesson learnt...if have feature tiles, better to have the water pipe laid before tiling otherwise opt for white tiles, at least the damage is not so jaring...

13923135512_a5f28457df.jpg

Edited by jeeppoo

more photos update

bathtub waiting to be put in placed.

13923143596_5c939bfcbc.jpg

view of the common WC room... notice the lobang at top right hand corner of the toilet? that for ventilation purpose.....had wanted to put some decorative ventliation bricks but ID commented that it would be unsecure for the person showering next door..haha..so adopt her suggestion to put a window instead....window contractor quoted me $300 for that panel of top hung window....feel like kenna chopped....

13923122011_5816115fdf.jpg

View of the maid's room..she had half of the full height window...lucky maid...my friend had at first suggested i put her room in the kitchen..haha....

13923130616_5c530a1f0a.jpg

Edited by jeeppoo

ok moving on to my taobao loot...yes i followed the bandwagon of alot of forummers....buying lights, taps, sinks and other stuff off from taobao...

My 1st batch of taobao.....shipped via peeka...mainly LED lights

13946506935_fbe9e30b58.jpg

2nd batch of taobao purchase....also shipped via peeka....

13947649444_78694c99f3.jpg

13947247943_4b62de4de6.jpg

13947249903_059c788dc4.jpg

taobao shipment no 3 via Amcon...except for the footstool (top left corner), I have not assembled the others as house still under reno...hope my dinning table and chairs are in tact....keeping my finger crossed.

13924265276_aedbe5aee7.jpg

catching on the taobao bug further...my 4th shipment from Amcon....just sipped yestereday....

13924259531_b08cb2412a.jpg

what can i say, there are risk in buying from taobao...but given the price...its worth a shot....some of the furniture were selling at local stores...for like 3 times the price! only furnitures i bought from local store so far are the sofa and mbr mattress....still sourcing for mbr bedframe....

Hi, enjoyed reading the progress of your reno, you have a nice place coming up ;)

Looking at the original floor plan and the revised one, I realised the position of the toilet bowl has changed in order to make place for the bath tub. I wanted to change the position of mine too but was told that its not possible. Please advice, I wanna do it too ^_^..

Hi, enjoyed reading the progress of your reno, you have a nice place coming up ;)

Looking at the original floor plan and the revised one, I realised the position of the toilet bowl has changed in order to make place for the bath tub. I wanted to change the position of mine too but was told that its not possible. Please advice, I wanna do it too ^_^..

Hi, the toilet bowl in the mbr toilet was changed by the prev owner. Dunno how he did it back then. But i did shift the position of my common WC slightly...which is still ok ar..except that my toilet bowl has to use a "P" trap now instead of "S" trap. Can ask your plumber, they should be able to advise you.

A look at the actual footstool....heehee still in plastic as reno still ongoing..

13975549713_0c4533dd3f.jpg

13952379762_bd1bb8febc.jpg

qutie heavy and solid. best of all, its stable...as in all the legs are of equal height and the stool doesn't shake... :)

The damaged wall clock...."12 - 3" came off....didnt bother to report to peeka as its not a expensive item...but lesson learnt, such flimsy item, risk of damage high!

13947901394_62ac0c3a87.jpg

progress this week....

before....aircon unit will be covering downlight on the right....so solution...create cove light instead.....

13920967906_fdfe496b10.jpg

after...cove light box created...downlight sealed & setback of the wall done!

13975546462_21a24f1114.jpg

new doors for maid's room, mbr and common wc toilet installed....waiting for painting works...

13998880323_d80ff7aa34.jpg

Edited by jeeppoo