Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jeeppoo

Sharing My Reno Journey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yes, the chengai flooring is done.....

13887803480_9dca65b408_z.jpg

Lights up too....

14051286676_5708da74c2_z.jpg

One of the warm lights not working....hai..need to change....

14074867104_111d57d25a_z.jpg

13887796948_4666430d99_z.jpg

Mbr tracklights....the track lights seems too bulky for the 1m track......going to source for smaller pieces.

14051284346_d86170ce03_z.jpg

Fanco ciling fan

14074390285_f5bf584c1a_z.jpg

Yes, the chengai flooring is done.....

13887803480_9dca65b408_z.jpg

Monitor your chengai flooring. Mine did not last for long. The chengai of today is not the same as those in the past.

Hi

I love your balcony with greenery trees in front ! !Where is your house location? What is the area size for your 5 room? Looks very spacious. Can you share why for the 1st and 2nd Taobao shipment you use peeka whereas 3rd and 4th shipment you use Amcon? Based on what criteria/reasons to save on shipping cost? Tks in advance!

Edited by sherting

Hi

I love your balcony with greenery trees in front ! !Where is your house location? What is the area size for your 5 room? Looks very spacious. Can you share why for the 1st and 2nd Taobao shipment you use peeka whereas 3rd and 4th shipment you use Amcon? Based on what criteria/reasons to save on shipping cost? Tks in advance!

Hi, my new place is at Telok Blangah Dr. Area approx 125sqm including the recess area and balcony. I even had enuough space to add an additional room for my maid, extend the mbr area and common bathroom area...all these without compromising the spaciousness of the area.

Used peeka initally as I wasn't really sure on how to buy from Taobao directly and shipped to Amcon. But after diligently searching thru this forum, I found someone posted a step by step process...and when the first shippment arives, i reaslised that its so easy and the charges are cheaper than Peeka. Also by using Amcon, you can pay for items directly using credit card, which can earn points too :) For peeka, its all bank transfer, aka cash transaction.

Oh, just got notice from Amcon (May) that my 2th Amcon shippment will be delivered to me today or tomorrow.....can't wait to see my loot.....

Edited by jeeppoo

Monitor your chengai flooring. Mine did not last for long. The chengai of today is not the same as those in the past.

Hi Kstoh, thanks for the advice......I better get my ID to give me some warranty that it will last XX yrs....anyway I will be puting up blinds too, so hopfully that will help to prolong the lifespan.

All rubbished cleared... The house looked spacious now...

14093919512_47f5f7f951_z.jpg

14073904266_94d190682f_z.jpg

The PD door for the common shower

14073901686_f10b4f8d70_z.jpg

The floor contrast between kitchen and living area

14096999785_4e8afbc5f5_z.jpg

Ready for carpentry works on Monday.....can't wait...

Edited by jeeppoo

Met my curtain maker today....being using the same guy 3x since 2010....

- balcony b&w bamboo blinds x3 pieces as my balcony is curved...total length approx 140"

- 2 sets of 100x56" bedroom blackout curtains

- 3 sets of full length blackout roller blinds for maid and mbr closet room and mbr toilet glass wall

- 1 set roller blind for mbr and 1 set normal blind for main entrance windows....

Thats total 7 set of curtains & blinds....total damage $2100...

Alvin my cutrtain maker says it will be ready next week.....hopefully it will be up before my mini housewarming next sat....

Arranged for moving services...engaged The Helping Hand...seems quite recommended in the forum...quote is $320 per lorry and charge based on depends on how many trips.....asked if they need to assess what i need to move, the person in charge, Mr. Richard said no need, will depend on the number of trip on that day and charge accordingly. Hmmm....also their dismantle and assembly services varies....he said depend on whether is it a difficult task and if takes longer than 10mins...then need to charge $20-$$30...

Not too sure if i made the right choice with engaging the helping hand...seems like a lot of possibilities...also no need to reconfirm appt...hope they remember to turn up.......

Seems to be on the high side, my neighbour just moved yesterday, using S***** movers is $180. But i got 1 quote from another mover also Str**** is near to $300. I am also getting 4 movers to my place to access and provide quotation, but didn't ask from The Helping Hand. Mind to share how much stuff you are shifting? Maybe thats why the price seems to be at the high side.

Seems to be on the high side, my neighbour just moved yesterday, using S***** movers is $180. But i got 1 quote from another mover also Str**** is near to $300. I am also getting 4 movers to my place to access and provide quotation, but didn't ask from The Helping Hand. Mind to share how much stuff you are shifting? Maybe thats why the price seems to be at the high side.

They quoted me without asking me what i want to shift. Only said 1 lorry is $320, if more than 1 lorry, depends on trips and charge accordingly.

Acutally I have quite a no of things to move....

1) 2 single bed + mattresses

2) Fridge & wine chiller & massage chair

3) 3 flat screen tvs

4) 1 bedside table

5) 3 standing fans

6) boxes and ali baba bags many many (but these i can move some myself)...

I ever used Movers_101 before few yrs back...much lesser stuff than above..charge me $250..but they broke my standing fan and i deducted $50 from the amt....

Thought of supporting Helping Hand, since they are running it for a good cause. Dun mind if its slightly more expensive, but then their customer service can improve a little lor....abit unsecure with the possibilities.... :( keep my finger crossed.

not so cheap. i used them a few months back. costs me $780. :jawdrop: and they scratched a few of my furnitures.

i used them because they come highly recommended by my neighbour.

not so cheap. i used them a few months back. costs me $780. :jawdrop: and they scratched a few of my furnitures.

i used them because they come highly recommended by my neighbour.

The helping Hands?

Carpentry works completed.....

Storeroom behind the brown panels.....open w tic tac door....on the left is shoe cabinet

13942646658_e6b72dfe94_z.jpg

Dry kitchen cabinet...pending counter top and oven....

14149535483_542bf55fdd_z.jpg