Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jeeppoo

Sharing My Reno Journey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

assembled my airplane chair over the last weekend....

14179930502_4fb871d9ae.jpg

my comments:

- chair itself is quite sturdy

- assembly instruction from seller not clear...the picture provided too small to make out head and tail

- the seat and back cushion installation not ideal. Seat can be attached via screws..but quite difficult to locate the screw holes on the cushion during installation

- the worst is the back cushion, its not attached via screw...what the seller provide was only "X" screws to be attached to the backrest, then "hooked" the back cushion onto the "X" screw....so in order to do so, cannot turn the "X" screw all the way in...also, the "holder" on the back cushion was cut out dent only.....so when i tried to hang, the back got scratched everal times as its diffuclt to align and hang properly.

Oh well, for the price I paid...what am I expecting right...hopefully it can last for 6 months...alternatively, can do my own upholster in the future.

went to take a look at the sanitary fittings done yesterday.....

The taobao mirror and tap....sink is from Adamas and towel rack/hock from ikea...nice...i like the black contrast with the white...

14209923243_7ab97a14f8.jpg

Now the not so nice stuff.....

14186497581_e7b92b1586.jpg

The rainshower holder is tilted inwards...this is because the set was not meant for exposed piping...so the exposed mixer brackets added to the width of the mixer and wall, resulting in the holder having to bend inwards in order for it to be mounted onto the wall. Sign.....its my fault for not looking properly before buying....as this is a taobao purchase...there is little i can do..either get a new set locally or live with it.....

2nd booboo.....the tap is too big for my small sink....the water is spraying at the edge of the sink...as this is a pulled out tap, either i could leave the tap hanging out, looking directly into the sink or change a new set....guess i will opt for the latter...this is a very nice tap....*sob sob*...again another taobao buy without careful thinking.

14003138960_65a3831e67.jpg

Edited by jeeppoo

Your flat is starting to look good! Nice! :)

Thanks...generally looks nice, but on closer look, theres a lot of details that just not good....hai...

My grey feature wall...among all the whites.. (door to the common WC toilet)

14187226992_f99539188d.jpg

Hi,

What colour code is this grey colour? it looks very nice... is it Nippon or Dulux?

Also, how is the 3-blade Fanco fan serving you? Enough wind ?

Thanks!

My taobao dining table.

14243604314_ac13b92249_z.jpg

Pretty solida and good condition....except for some small stratches underneath the console and 1 uneven leg...but these are small issues....

Just wonder is it very difficult to maintain a bath tub? Need to wash after every shower?

I guess need to rinise it down after each use. Anyway I only intend to use it as a soaking tub...so should be quite easy to maintain.