Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wutheringheights

Really Minimal Minimalism - Advice Sought

Hi there!

I'm a soon to be owner of a 3 room BTO in September, and being the relak-one-korner person that I am, have only a very faint idea of what I want.

1. Minimalist. No funky lights, floodlights (what?), no built-in anything, no anything.

2. Flooring: laminates for the entire place, plain grey tiles for the bathrooms and kitchen.

3. A simple kitchen.

Basically I want the house to be a blank canvas in which I'd fill in with carefully sourced furniture. I have a weird OCD about visible dirt and grime accumulation in corners so I cannot have too much work done.

So my question is:

Is it possible to get a contracter to do the very basic of works? Such as the bare minimal electrical works, plumbling, laminate + tiled flooring and whatever that's needed to move in. Oh, and as for the kitchen, I'd need a stove top and a couple of cabinets and that's about it.

Lastly (and the most crucial), what kind of budget am I looking at for these?

Contractors, please feel free to PM me with your quotes.

Thanks so much!

Edited by wutheringheights

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Need to define what is your term of Minimalist. Minimalist in actual fact is very expensive as it invoived a lot of hiding eg. cables and so on. From my understanding, yours seems to refer to minimal renovation.

Yes you can .... but Tenbatsu is right .... I think you want 'minimal' not 'minimalist'! Don't go with an ID. Just get a contractor. Should only be a couple of thousand.

Dear Sir,

It is very possible to exercise a healthy budget to get the interior that you want. It also depends on the "simplicity" of the design intent.

The minimalist approach that was perceived by new buyers are always different to how interior designers thinks. Overtime, it gets overrated.

Having practiced Interior Design for more than 5 years, on a freelance basis, it can be possible.

You can drop me a mail at ***@yahoo.com.sg

We can discuss more and would give you a possible solution to your home.